This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXII: "Eat Black Balls Everyday"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXII: "Eat Black Balls Everyday"

User Info: lmAtWork

lmAtWork
3 months ago#91
DippinSauce posted...
To Zoro, being a swordsman and cutting things is his passion. It's what his fights revolve around.

>_>

You know Zoro's failed to cut stuff before right? That was a huge plot point for him vs Mr. 1, and literally just an arc ago Zoro failed spectacularly to cut Doflamingo's bird cage, which were just strings Doflamingo wasn't even focusing on while fighting against Luffy.

Zoro's not Mihawk, and even Mihawk himself has failed to cut stuff. I wouldn't expect Zoro to run up and cut Luffy to ribbons, he can probably break his skin and an ultimate move might be able to get through his haki, but that would require Luffy to stand there and take it and not just kick Zoro into orbit like Oars did

DippinSauce posted...
Just because Cracker is a yonkou commander doesn't make him a better swordsman than Zoro.

How do you know Cracker doesn't have passion as a swordsman too? But like you said, just because Zoro has more skill doesn't really matter. Someone like Luffy or Garp could pick up a sword and use it like a club and just beat down Zoro with their club regardless of skill, too much of a stat difference.

Zoro just doesn't have the showings to put him on a level equal to Luffy right now IMO. Zoro could probably put up a fight against him, but I don't see him winning regardless of whether Luffy holds back on using Gear 4 or not
http://i.imgur.com/z2gkfeq.jpg

User Info: mallow

mallow
3 months ago#92
DippinSauce posted...
I didn't say Zoro was better or stronger than Cracker. We're talking about cutting with a sword.

We've been through this before with other characters. Having a sword doesn't make you a swordsman. To Zoro, being a swordsman and cutting things is his passion. It's what his fights revolve around. Just because Cracker is a yonkou commander doesn't make him a better swordsman than Zoro. He can be stronger than him and be mediocre with his weapon.

Blackbeard pirates shot WB with guns, are they gunslingers now? Luffy used a sword in Thriller Bark, is he a swordsman?

zoro might cut luffy, it's not impossible, i was just saying in the event it goes down like with cracker where luffy is too tough to be cut when he blocks it and is instead sent flying way off in the distance, that is just not happening. zoro isn't that strong to send him flying like that, he just isn't, there's no indication he is.
the last time Luffy took an attack with that much power and force behind it was when Doffy attacked him with his awakened strings as Luffy had just recovered some haki, which also sent him flying a fair distance. doffy, like cracker, is stronger than zoro, don't see why they wouldn't be.

zoro would have to cut luffy by some other shenanigans.
https://i.imgur.com/chry6LA.gif

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
3 months ago#93
mallow posted...
not in one piece it doesn't. zoro learned ranged attacks back in skypiea. i know luffy has been sending people flying since day one but it's different when the opponent is tough. luffy went from barely scratching Doffy with G2 to sending him to the other side of town - definitely way, way, way, way, way more force than skypeia zoro's ranged sword attacks. same back in enies lobby when CP9 went from no-selling in Tekkai to being sent flying etc., being sent flying is a big show of force plot device in One Piece.

I think it comes down to a difference in attack

Luffy doesn't create sword beams because he isn't using a sword, we've all got no doubt he's physically stronger than Zoro but he isn't using cutting attacks so none of his moves are cutting through the air

Sword beams require both force and technique. Zoro learned them in Skypiea but they've evolved as he's gotten stronger. Mihawk used one at Marineford that traveled for probably half a mile before splitting a frozen tsunami in half. When Zoro first learned them all they did was cut people up, but now he's at the point that his 3,000 Worlds can cut through 50+ (probably more like 100 at least) meters of stone in one attack and his 1080 Pound Cannon did exactly the same. Cracker showed nothing comparable to that at all. His strongest feat really just amounts to knocking base Luffy into some trees. It is a show of force in One Piece but tbh Luffy has been casually sending people into the sky for the entire series. It's been his favorite thing since the Buggy fight. Who didn't he do it to?

I also think it would just make sense for Cracker to not be that strong physically, his whole gimmick is that he hates pain so he hides in armor covered with his advanced CoA that is strong enough that you can't really damage him without the force to shatter mountains. Someone like that wouldn't need to be powerful. If Zoro isn't actively fighting he's either lifting or sleeping
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg

User Info: FinalXemnas

FinalXemnas
3 months ago#94
I wonder how Zoro would fare against Cracker or Doflamingo, and which he'd have more trouble with.
Alex Jones' powder gives you a shriveled weewee.

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
3 months ago#95
Idk but if Zoro can't cut Doflamingo's magic birdcage then probably Doffy

I understand the narrative point behind it but that birdcage was f***ing stupid, what makes his strings so powerful?
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
3 months ago#96
FinalXemnas posted...
I wonder how Zoro would fare against Cracker or Doflamingo, and which he'd have more trouble with.

Both would stomp him IMO, he wouldn't fare well against either.

Zoro is always compared to Sanji, and even if he's a bit better than Sanji, Doflamingo casually took out Sanji in a matter of seconds. Zoro's not shown anything to put him above Law, who Doflamingo also took out in minutes.

As shown above, Base Luffy (well Luffy's new Base form of Gear 2 + 3 essentially) has a lot better feats than Zoro and was also being utterly manhandled by Doflamingo. And I'd say Cracker is better than Doflamingo by a comparable amount to how Luffy is to Zoro.

I don't think Zoro would last long or have any reasonable chance of winning against either without serious plot hax
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: Pogo_Marimo

Pogo_Marimo
3 months ago#97
Yeah, Cracker is famed for his defense and staying power, not for his offensive power. It's absurd to think he's naturally more destructive just because he's a Yonko lieutenant with that kind of context.
// BEAUTY IS NOT LOVE - LOVE IS NOT MUSIC - MUSIC IS THE BEST - WISDOM IS THE DOMAIN OF THE WIZ--WHICH IS EXTINCT //
http://www.last.fm/user/Pogo92

User Info: Okikurmi

Okikurmi
3 months ago#98
ecylis posted...

I understand the narrative point behind it but that birdcage was f***ing stupid, what makes his strings so powerful?

There are a number of devil fruits like this. And more that don't make sense for other reasons.
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...

User Info: DippinSauce

DippinSauce
3 months ago#99
Knighted Dragon posted...
Zoro is always compared to Sanji, and even if he's a bit better than Sanji, Doflamingo casually took out Sanji in a matter of seconds. Zoro's not shown anything to put him above Law, who Doflamingo also took out in minutes.

Zoro always handles beatings better than Sanji and he took an attack from Fuji without getting seriously injured. I would see Zoro lasting a bit longer than Sanji before Doflamingo takes him out.
i.imgur.com/VDLyhiI.gif

User Info: Blancshammer

Blancshammer
3 months ago#100
Okikurmi posted...
ecylis posted...

There are a number of devil fruits like this. And more that don't make sense for other reasons.

You guys know Mingo's strings aren't just normal stringst right? Thought that would obvious.
I don't care if it's necrophilia! Zombina chan is just totes adorbs!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO-ENx5UkAMmcah.png
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. One Piece Legendary Q&A CCLXII: "Eat Black Balls Everyday"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived