This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well I caved and finally bought One Piece, dub or sub?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Well I caved and finally bought One Piece, dub or sub?

User Info: SumSmartDoood

SumSmartDoood
2 months ago#11
qwertyMrJINX posted...
If your preference is toward dubs, the One Piece dub is pretty good. No major complaints to speak of.

User Info: SSJMewzard

SSJMewzard
2 months ago#12
II Sora II posted...
See I'm torn because the Japanese cast have some people who worked on Dragon Ball, while the dub is my native language and has Chris Sabat whom I always enjoy. Hmm.. decisions.

Anyway I'm sure to like it if I enjoy Dragon Ball, right?

The dub also has some people who worked on Dragon Ball:

Luffy is young Gohan, Zoro is Piccolo/Vegeta, Usopp is Krillin, Sanji is Trunks, Chopper is Chaotzu/Puar, and Brook is Whis (not DBZ related, but Franky is voiced by Dio).
Why?

User Info: Urgaleet

Urgaleet
2 months ago#13
Watched both multiple times and I think they're about even. There are a few places where the dub translates a line differently that irk me (Like shanks saying he left his hat with a kid in the dub instead of with the next generation in the sub, way cooler meaning in the sub imo), but overall I enjoyed the dub more since I didn't have to read subtitles.
I always wear my hazmat suit when perusing the toxic environment of GameFaqs.
FC: 4012 - 6623 - 5477, Send a PM if you add me. ^.^

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
2 months ago#14
Sub literally always for everything
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
2 months ago#15
the manga
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: Romaji

Romaji
2 months ago#16
II Sora II posted...
See I'm torn because the Japanese cast have some people who worked on Dragon Ball, while the dub is my native language and has Chris Sabat whom I always enjoy. Hmm.. decisions.

Anyway I'm sure to like it if I enjoy Dragon Ball, right?

The dub has tons of dbz guys in it.
Generic Signature

User Info: sailorpete

sailorpete
2 months ago#17
The dub for One Piece is DBZ on a boat
"Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack" Vegeta Dragon Ball Z Claims 'Hayate Yagami' KSErin fans: 20

User Info: Lord Seth

Lord Seth
2 months ago#18
Why not just watch some of both and go with whichever you prefer? For example, you could watch the first episode subbed and then the second episode dubbed (or vice versa) and then just continue with whichever one you liked more.
"If you make the outcome of the match about passion, then you might as well be saying that the loser just didn't want it enough." -Kei Tachikawa

User Info: II Sora II

II Sora II
2 months ago#19
Lord Seth posted...
Why not just watch some of both and go with whichever you prefer? For example, you could watch the first episode subbed and then the second episode dubbed (or vice versa) and then just continue with whichever one you liked more.

I did this. I watched the first episode dubbed and the second subbed.

It took me by surprise how corny the opening sounded in English, then playing in Japanese it was fantastic.

I have to say, Luffy's dub voice is really grating. She has this really raspy voice and I think that's why I've been put off Luffy for so long. Her regular speaking voice is okay but, she's still a bit noisy. Meanwhile Tanaka-san's Luffy sounds more grounded, and well, I'm familiar with her voice. I was totally invested in Luffy in episode 2.

Anyway I know Masako Nozawa appears in this show at some point. Does anyone know the episode number? I have the first 72 episodes and I'm expecting quite a wild ride. I'm also watching Gintama at the moment too and enjoying that.
I'm a Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Guns n' Roses, Dio fan
I have a Tumblr where I'm making a Dragon Ball fan comic! https://head-cha-la.tumblr.com

User Info: Kanaya413

Kanaya413
2 months ago#20
Knighted Dragon posted...
Sub literally always for everything
Official Secretary of Kyogre's Cascade!!! FC: 5086-1980-2580 IGN: Vivi TSV 4077
Silent Chexmix: "Toxapex is Trump's wall in pixel form."
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Well I caved and finally bought One Piece, dub or sub?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived