This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dubs vs Subs, what's your opinion?!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Dubs vs Subs, what's your opinion?!

User Info: Heartomaton

Heartomaton
4 months ago#51
ViewtifulGrave posted...
Granny Goku

Not to mention Granny Gohan, Granny Goten, and most recently, Granny Goku Black.

At least there was never Granny Bardock.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heartomaton

User Info: SSJMewzard

SSJMewzard
4 months ago#52
Heartomaton posted...
Not to mention Granny Gohan, Granny Goten, and most recently, Granny Goku Black.

Masako Nozawa also voiced Bardock. The only male in Goku's family or Goku looking character Masako Nozawa didn't voice was Raditz. She voiced Goku, Gohan, Goten, Bardock, Goku Black, Tullece, Goku Jr, and partially voicing fusions involved with said characters.
Why?

User Info: bige85

bige85
4 months ago#53
Both
I will not be forgiven by good or evil.-Donovan Baine, Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers 3

User Info: ViolentAbacus

ViolentAbacus
4 months ago#54
I usually watch dub when I can, since I would much rather enjoy something in my own language. And the fact that I get distracted easily and don't want to have to re-watch a part because I didn't read a section and missed something.

Although, I never understood why people got upset over others preferring dubs anyway.
While you bask in my glory, please try not to make me angry by writing words that don't exist in dictionaries.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
4 months ago#55
ViewtifulGrave posted...
Knighted Dragon posted...
ViewtifulGrave posted...

Oh... ok you're one of those guys.

I mean, I'm not trolling, it's a pretty legit complaint I've had every time I've tried a dub. It seems like there's a REALLY small handful of VA for dubbed female voices, and almost all of them sound really weird, like 40+ year old women trying to use high pitched "teen" voices that don't sound like teens

Japan does the same thing in reverse. Granny Goku and female Kenshin come to mind.

Yeah I'm not fond of the weird female VA for male character thing Japan does, but it seems less common than dubs choice for pretty much every female character.
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: RayTheGamer

RayTheGamer
4 months ago#56
I like dubs, but if it's laughably awful (which most are), then I switch to sub.

User Info: Heartomaton

Heartomaton
4 months ago#57
SSJMewzard posted...
Heartomaton posted...

Masako Nozawa also voiced Bardock. The only male in Goku's family or Goku looking character Masako Nozawa didn't voice was Raditz. She voiced Goku, Gohan, Goten, Bardock, Goku Black, Tullece, Goku Jr, and partially voicing fusions involved with said characters.

s***. Got Raditz and Bardock mixed up. Remembered reading that she voiced all but one of Goku's male family members, and my brain desperately wanted it to be Bardock, because he doesn't afraid of anything.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heartomaton

User Info: Brother_Gilbert

Brother_Gilbert
4 months ago#58
SSJMewzard posted...
Heartomaton posted...

Japanese Goku sounds horrible. How could anyone keep the same voice actor for 30+ more years.

User Info: ViewtifulGrave

ViewtifulGrave
4 months ago#59
Brother_Gilbert posted...
SSJMewzard posted...
Heartomaton posted...

Japanese Goku sounds horrible. How could anyone keep the same voice actor for 30+ more years.

Optimus Prime?
You enjoy teaching high schoolers, and I'll enjoy creating my crappy manga. Let's see where we both are in a year. TheDoorMouse
Update http://imgur.com/vz0c9xf

User Info: SSJMewzard

SSJMewzard
4 months ago#60
Brother_Gilbert posted...

Mel Blanc voiced most of the Looney Tunes characters for several decades to great effect (also, Masako Nozawa does fantastic as Goku, I really can't understand the hate).
Why?
  1. Boards
  2. Anime and Manga - Other Titles
  3. Dubs vs Subs, what's your opinion?!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived