I graduated college and have a low paying job

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 2 - Social
  3. I graduated college and have a low paying job

User Info: the shadow king

the shadow king
2 months ago#1
finally

i don't want to lean into this too much but i actually like the job so far but I've also been careful to not undersleep before going in.
people downtown sure are friendly!

User Info: HakunaHattata

HakunaHattata
1 month ago#2
Nice, can't wait to join in that boat in a couple year here. I hate my current job :<
__)......__) I ain't no passin craze.
(.o)......(.o)

User Info: WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja
1 month ago#3
Yeah that sounds about right

Congrats
http://i.minus.com/ibb54oFODduJvk.gif http://i.minus.com/ibiCujxJzTJr5Z.gif
http://i.imgur.com/CkHC5.gif

the shadow king
1 month ago#4
whats ur job hakuna

thanks wrenchninja

User Info: EclairReturns

EclairReturns
1 month ago#5
I'm worried about my own post-college life. Even if I do graduate with my math degree, some jobs that I'm looking up on job posting websites require experience in a related field. And it's not like my job as a data-entry worker of sorts would tie in to anything that also requires a math degree. I just want work that involves doing math, and that will eventually tie into my actuarial field. Perhaps as a financial analyst or something. Then again, I am thinking about this sort of stuff like two years too early. On the other hand, the route I'm currently taking involves me taking three classes this academic year for both semesters, and two the next. So I could probably fit some studying into my last academic year for those actuarial exams and such. Incidentally, the other day, I discovered that if I took five classes for two semesters this academic year, I could graduate by the end of summer 2018. Unfortunately, I have this job I'm tethered to, so I can't imagine ditching the workplace especially after all the effort they took to convince the board of directors to give me the job I have. They even budgeted their funds accordingly. And I definitely don't think that I could possibly handle five classes and a part-time job. I'm just that mentally weak and unprepared for the real world... >_<

the shadow king posted...
whats ur job hakuna

I believe he is some kind of sous-chef.
Number XII: Larxene.
The Organization's Savage Nymph.

User Info: HakunaHattata

HakunaHattata
1 month ago#6
I was a sous chef, I'm a line cook now. couple years and Ill be a teacher.
__)......__) I ain't no passin craze.
(.o)......(.o)

the shadow king
1 month ago#7
I would just try and get an intership if I could go back to when I was in your position Eclair, most of the time they will hire a guy if they are decent. It's good you have a part time job but obviously you prioritize your own career over satisfying them.

EclairReturns
1 month ago#8
if they are decent

I'd been looking through internship qualifications and they require me to have at least two exams taken. I'm hoping that next year's courses will prepare me for those exams...

the shadow king
1 month ago#9
For job qualifications its generally suggested to try even if you don't meet qualifications idk about internships. What type of exams are you taking?

EclairReturns
1 month ago#10
What type of exams are you taking?

There are like six: the two easiest ones are Exam P on probability and Exam FM on financial mathematics. I need to take some probability classes at my university to help me get used to the former. As for Exam FM, I'm thinking about signing up for a session in my second-to-last semester, since I would only be taking two classes at the time, and would really need to occupy myself with something. Otherwise, I feel like learning probability before I even take a class on it would be redundant in regards to the class. Then again, I really should prepare myself for the self-studying I will have to do after graduation...
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 2 - Social
  3. I graduated college and have a low paying job

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived