This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

baseball topic IV: peanut allergies

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - General
  3. baseball topic IV: peanut allergies

User Info: lovesthejuice

lovesthejuice
6 months ago#1
travis shaw: .282/.324/.563, 6 hr, 23 rbi, plays for 500k/yr, is not fat

pablo sandoval: .213/.269/.377, 3 hr, 10 rbi, plays for 17.6 million/yr, is fat, injured
xxxvi, xxxviii, xxxix, xlix, li

User Info: RoundHeadedManc

RoundHeadedManc
6 months ago#2
Remember Shaw last year though? On May 28th, he was hitting .302 with 7 HRs. From that point on he hit .205 with 9 HR's.
The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!

lovesthejuice
6 months ago#3
completely valid point

my counter would be the contract, his age (26) and the fun hindsight of trading him for a guy who is currently on the 60-day DL

DD's attempts at landing an 8th inning guy are tragic thus far

User Info: RoundHeadedManc

RoundHeadedManc
6 months ago#4
I also don't think Shaw will drop off again....just salty since I had him in an AL only league last year. Fun fact about Sandoval, he's officially listed as 7 inches shorter than Chris Sale and 75 lbs heavier.
The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!

User Info: acr

acr
6 months ago#5
Mayor of ding dong city would be useful right now on the Sox.

Meanwhile Thornburg hasn't even gotten on the field and is probably broken forever like Carson Smith
I would not say that I am the Mona Lisa Vito of the football world" - Bill Belichick

lovesthejuice
6 months ago#6
so for fun I was projecting out sale's season if he continued to pitch at this pace and he'd finish with fWAR of 11.9 (at least I think you can do that with fWAR)

the GOAT season for fWAR is 1999 pedro at 11.6

now obviously sale will fade but what that made me realize is pedro effectively pitched an entire year like sale's last month which is... what the hell

I wish I was a little older than 14 in 1999-2000, damn

User Info: HurricaneManning

HurricaneManning
6 months ago#7
aaron judge is built like a power hitter from ken griffey jr presents major league baseball
Chicago Cubs - 2016 World Series Champions
It is 2017 and Phil Kessel is still a Stanley Cup Champion

User Info: HuskerFan2002

HuskerFan2002
6 months ago#8
How come Joe Maddon didn't put in Wade Davis to close the game?
Nebraska Football | Nebraska Basketball | Nebraska Baseball | Kansas City Royals

User Info: HurricaneManning

HurricaneManning
6 months ago#9
I think he's been in like 3 games in a row or something crazy.
Chicago Cubs - 2016 World Series Champions
It is 2017 and Phil Kessel is still a Stanley Cup Champion

User Info: DarkAngel13

DarkAngel13
6 months ago#10
In a weird way I wish Pablo and Josh Beckett would have been able to overlap on the Sox. There probably would have been some epic locker room eating competitions under Bobby V.

1999 Pedro is comedic to look back on though. Height of steroid/juiced ball era and the guy made the entire sport his *****. The asshat voters that gave Pudge Rodriguez MVP are part of the reason why I still can't take the BBWAA seriously.
DA13:406 => 509 => 916 => 206
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - General
  3. baseball topic IV: peanut allergies

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived