This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*** New York Mets Topic CCXLIII: Boy the Mets blew it tonight, huh? **

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - General
  3. *** New York Mets Topic CCXLIII: Boy the Mets blew it tonight, huh? **

User Info: Link165

Link165
3 months ago#391
lol I already turned it off
Link165 basically just won.-Neosporin_v2
CEnco de mayo(5/5/07)

User Info: kbusch22

kbusch22
3 months ago#392
Anyway since we're headed to another Sunday blowout I'll weigh in on the trade options.

I think Reed is the only guy who might give us a nice return. The recent trend in baseball has been to shore up the back end of the bullpen for the stretch run, and given how dominant Reed was as a set up guy last year I could see a team being willing to send a nice piece over to us even with Reed being a rental.

I don't even think Bruce is going to get us that much to be honest with you. The Reds tried to move him in 2015 when he still had 2 years left on his deal and got nowhere. They tried to move him last year with a year left on his deal and him having All Star numbers and we were apparently the only team interested. And even then it only materialized at the 11th hour.

I think we could move Bruce but I wouldn't expect anything more than a B- prospect at best, maybe a lateral to what we gave up (Herrera). I hated the Herrera trade at first in part because Murph was tearing it up and a big reason we let him go was because Herrera was supposed to be the long-term answer at 2B but in actuality I think Mets fans were a lot higher on Herrera than the rest of baseball. As it is he's now blocked by Gennett in Cincy so he might end up needing to go to another team.

A guy like Grandy could be moved but he's still owed a pretty big chunk of change for the rest of the season and given he's gonna be a backup for other teams, I think the Mets will be asked to pay. At that rate I think the Mets just keep him and he finishes out the year here.

Blevins could get moved but he's not like Reed who will get you a possible great prospect. Plus his 2018 option means the Mets just want to keep him.

I think they'd happily trade Duda to get Smith up but I doubt teams will knock the doors down for him. The Yankees have the biggest need at 1B but the Mets and Yanks never make any trades of significance with each other.

I think they'll try hard to move one of Reyes/Cabrera just so they can finally get Rosario up here but I wouldn't expect anything of significance in return.

User Info: Piazza

Piazza
3 months ago#393
They need to trade everyone that has remote value. This team is pathetic. It's always 2 steps back for every one step forward. They can't string together a winning steak for nothing.
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. ~ Rogers Hornsby

User Info: Brandon_Jacobs

Brandon_Jacobs
3 months ago#394
Okay, I last year I moved to Vermont. Its a weird place, but nice

I found out recently that they have a minor league baseball team called the Lake Monsters and are the Class A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. Went to my 2nd game last night because the entire month of July every Saturday game has fireworks and 75 cent hotdogs

Im going to gain 90lbs, bros
{}Giants{}Knicks{}Isles{}Mets{}

User Info: Omniphagos

Omniphagos
3 months ago#395
why is jose reyes still on this team? I find it hard to believe the management actually thinks he is still good. Then again, the management probably doesn't think much of what fans care about.
This signature reads beyond the flow of time.
"Wrestling was a lot better when the marks sat in the front seats." - Dutch Mantell

User Info: ninjaman44

ninjaman44
3 months ago#396
Omniphagos posted...
why is jose reyes still on this team? I find it hard to believe the management actually thinks he is still good. Then again, the management probably doesn't think much of what fans care about.

I've brought it up a couple times, but it's almost unnatural how much they seem to be kissing his ass. I get that they like to cater to the vets but holy s***......
http://media.fyre.co/q4hG2ZRSeKzHqZ3YcA8z_1156.gif http://media.giphy.com/media/BdyMLr7I1Qliw/giphy.gif https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFyU-TpWgAAkNXh.jpg

User Info: kbusch22

kbusch22
3 months ago#397
Now that he's finally played well over the last couple of weeks (in meaningless games) I think they are hoping they can trade him.

And they definitely want to get rid of Cabrera. He's become a clubhouse cancer from the sounds of things...to the point where they reportedly don't want to call Rosario up at all unless Cab is gone because he's clearly bitter about losing his job even though he can't f***ing play shortstop anymore.

User Info: Cornbread4life

Cornbread4life
3 months ago#398
kbusch22 posted...
Now that he's finally played well over the last couple of weeks (in meaningless games) I think they are hoping they can trade him.

And they definitely want to get rid of Cabrera. He's become a clubhouse cancer from the sounds of things...to the point where they reportedly don't want to call Rosario up at all unless Cab is gone because he's clearly bitter about losing his job even though he can't f***ing play shortstop anymore.

Even though Cabrera asked for a trade, I'm taking that whole story with a huge grain of salt. NY media loves its Mets gossip. Also, again acknowledging the fact that he asked for a trade, why would you compound that by becoming a public a**hat in a potential walk year? Other teams don't want to pay for a guy over 30 with attitude. It doesn't make sense.
GT/PSN: Cornbread4life

User Info: InnerTubeHero

InnerTubeHero
3 months ago#399
Wheeler always has that one inning where he seems to forget what the plate is for...

On the plus side somebody actually hit Wainwright. Yay Conforto!
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." ~ Mel Brooks

User Info: Link165

Link165
3 months ago#400
Can't wait for the Rafael Montero Experience tomorrow

EDIT: Nice play Reyes....smh
Link165 basically just won.-Neosporin_v2
CEnco de mayo(5/5/07)
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - General
  3. *** New York Mets Topic CCXLIII: Boy the Mets blew it tonight, huh? **

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived