This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NHL Topic: Turning over a new Leaf.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - General
  3. NHL Topic: Turning over a new Leaf.

User Info: Freeney

Freeney
3 weeks ago#1
After wasting away 20 years on the worst coast, Patrick Marleau finally gets to play for an elite coach and play with elite players and what does he do, he goes...

BAR
|
|
|
\/
DOWN for his first tally in the blue and white.
2016/17 MYPH Football Pick 'Em Champion!
Colts | Raptors | Blue Jays | Maple Leafs | TFC | MCFC
NHL topic: Dreaming of a Three Peat
Chicago Cubs - 2016 World Series Champions
It is 2017 and Phil Kessel is a two time Stanley Cup Champion

User Info: Bebop268170

Bebop268170
3 weeks ago#3
The Flyers have too many young guys worthy of a roster spot trying to break into the NHL at once

At least two D prospects that would get developmental minutes on p much any other roster in the league are gonna get left in the AHL where they have little left to prove for another year just 'cause of the numbers crunch on the blue line
...From these silences, something may rise...
Winner 2005 Sports & Racing Royal Rumble

User Info: Block that Kick

Block that Kick
3 weeks ago#4
Those Vegas unis look real nice now that we get to see them actually on the ice.
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

User Info: acr

acr
3 weeks ago#5
Brian Boyle was diagnosed with Leukemia
I would not say that I am the Mona Lisa Vito of the football world" - Bill Belichick

User Info: Shaun1907

Shaun1907
3 weeks ago#6
acr posted...

Pretty awful, but apparently it's the same one that Jason Blake had 10 years ago and he played 450+ more games after diagnosis.
Canucks - Colts - Blue Jays - Whitecaps

User Info: acr

acr
3 weeks ago#7
Shaun1907 posted...
acr posted...

Pretty awful, but apparently it's the same one that Jason Blake had 10 years ago and he played 450+ more games after diagnosis.

Yeah, they said it's early diagnosis and treatable through oral medication, and he's still going to play opening night.
I would not say that I am the Mona Lisa Vito of the football world" - Bill Belichick

User Info: theaub

theaub
3 weeks ago#8
Its amazing how much I've stopped caring about hockey the past couple of years.

The quality of play is abysmal - outside of maybe 10 guys in the league there's zero creativity, everyone plays the same systems that involve three line tip-in dump passes from behind your own net, obstructing all forecheckers and blocking a million shots, and as a result every team that makes the playoffs has a 6-7% chance of winning it.

I guess I'm mildly excited to see if Patrick Sharp bangs another teammate's wife and that's about it. Hawks will be first round fodder for some clown franchise like St Louis or Minnesota and it will be depressing as s***.

e: the only ways this season gets salvaged are a hilarious Leaf playoff flameout or another Cup, and tbh its probably in that order of preference
Blue Jays l Blackhawks l Auburn l Canada NT l Raptors l Toronto FC
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: cubsnhawksfan77

cubsnhawksfan77
3 weeks ago#9
I'm still excited for this year if only because come February I'm moving somewhere where I won't be able to watch hockey for a couple of years, so I'm hoping the Hawks switch it up and actually make the regular season interesting this year

Also kind of looking forward to the leafs becoming villains sometime soon just to watch how prominent leafs fans on the Internet who have fancied themselves hockey's moral gatekeepers in the last few years deal with it
http://i.imgur.com/9Ztq7DR.jpg
http://gfycat.com/HappyMadDwarfrabbit
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Really hoping I can still snipe Oilers tickets right before puck drops for cheap prices at the beginning of the season. Kinda hoping the demand for tickets doesn't go up until the New Year again.

Anyways, the Oilers are bringing back a worse team than last year and are somehow the second favorites by the bookies. Lots of fish money.
https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/807448896213397504
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - General
  3. NHL Topic: Turning over a new Leaf.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.