This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next years Superbowl is so OBVIOUS...Seattle will beat Denver

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Next years Superbowl is so OBVIOUS...Seattle will beat Denver

User Info: Gojak_v3

Gojak_v3
4 years ago#11
No. Every opinion I see from "experts" says the read option is easily countered if D line and linebackers stay disciplined. I've heard over and over if they just stay in their lanes you beat the read option. This is backed up by the fact you see the biggest read option plays when the end or outside linebacker crashes in on the fake. See Keap's long TD run against the Packers for this.

I still don't know why everyone always says the new gimmick is the next big thing when it almost never is.

User Info: Gojak_v3

Gojak_v3
4 years ago#12
_OujiDoza_ posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
Except the part where you forget that every gimmick to come come out of college is eventually figured out by NFL teams. Remember when the wild cat was gonna change the face of the NFL? The read option is no different.

The pistol is not a gimmick, you raging noob.

The pistol is a formation. It's not the read option. You can still have your 2/3 WR 1/2 TE set in the pistol. No reason you can't run an offense out of that.

User Info: Dan_Haren

Dan_Haren
4 years ago#13
If they discipline in their lanes and dont make a move for the runner, they put themselves in bad positions to get occupied and dominated by a blocker. They wouldn't need to read option, they could just pound the ball on every play.

Dan_Haren
4 years ago#14
It essentially gives the offense 3 dimensions, instead of 2. Theres a much higher potential with this kind of offense. It just hasn't been done because its so hard to get the right personnel.

User Info: _OujiDoza_

_OujiDoza_
4 years ago#15
Gojak_v3 posted...
The pistol is a formation. It's not the read option.

And San Fran runs the read option out of the pistol, my point still stands, it's not a gimmmick, you.raging.noob.
U CAN MAKE FUN OF ME BEING AN EAGLES FAN BUT I HAVE A BETTER LIFE THAN YOU A GF WHO LOVES ME
http://i.imgur.com/9XBfO.jpg (DC wat u think)

User Info: KingRajesh

KingRajesh
4 years ago#16
Gojak_v3 posted...
No. Every opinion I see from "experts" says the read option is easily countered if D line and linebackers stay disciplined. I've heard over and over if they just stay in their lanes you beat the read option. This is backed up by the fact you see the biggest read option plays when the end or outside linebacker crashes in on the fake. See Keap's long TD run against the Packers for this.

I still don't know why everyone always says the new gimmick is the next big thing when it almost never is.

Can't stay disciplined when the offense has multiple facets. If you're like the Panthers and the read option is all you have, then you can counter it.

But there's no way to counter it when you have BEAST MODE taking it to the house as a threat, coupled with Russell Wilson's legs and 4.5 speed, not to mention Russell's cannon arm.

Triple threat means that somebody is going to mess up, and Russell Wilson will make them pay.
Prophet of the Church of Wilson-ism #GoHawks #NoTimeToSleep

User Info: Detlef_Schrempf

Detlef_Schrempf
4 years ago#17
KingRajesh posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...

Can't stay disciplined when the offense has multiple facets. If you're like the Panthers and the read option is all you have, then you can counter it.

But there's no way to counter it when you have BEAST MODE taking it to the house as a threat, coupled with Russell Wilson's legs and 4.4 speed, not to mention Russell's cannon arm.

Triple threat means that somebody is going to mess up, and Russell Wilson will make them pay.

Russell Wilson does not have 4.4 speed....
http://i.imgur.com/ZPSeljP.jpg
http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/23aeff3b8f7c5bf29a27d6f4f8c84114_large

Dan_Haren
4 years ago#18
Exactly. The only difference in Wilson and Kaepernick is that Wilson has more experience, and has developed into a better passer. Kaepernick has the same potential, just needs alil more time to develop. Its something that Carroll has done a great job facilitating. The seahawks clearly were the more polished team this year. But thats something I expect to even out with time for Kaepernick. The seattle-niner games will be epic as ****. But I think Seattle will pull it off, only because I would take Carroll over Harbaugh.

Dan_Haren
4 years ago#19
Wilson has 4.55 speed, which is fast enough to not get caught by linebackers and outrun defensive ends, enough to slide or get out of bounds safely.

User Info: KingRajesh

KingRajesh
4 years ago#20
Detlef_Schrempf posted...
KingRajesh posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...

But there's no way to counter it when you have BEAST MODE taking it to the house as a threat, coupled with Russell Wilson's legs and 4.4 speed, not to mention Russell's cannon arm.

Russell Wilson does not have 4.4 speed....

My B. Writing posts in class.
Prophet of the Church of Wilson-ism #GoHawks #NoTimeToSleep
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Next years Superbowl is so OBVIOUS...Seattle will beat Denver

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived