This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New York Jets Topic VI: A Pilotless Flight

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. New York Jets Topic VI: A Pilotless Flight

User Info: mew4ever

mew4ever
9 months ago#1
Was wondering what happened to the old one, looks like it purged a while back. Anyhow, do any of you have a feel on what we're trying to do, what our goal is for next year? The team is capable of a 2/3 win season this year and in the process, secure us a top pick but Mac and Bowles will get sacked for that so I find it tough to believe they wont make the strong push for an 8-8 year on what is right now a truly bad team. Where do we go with the 6th overall pick? What in the world do we do at qb? We've got quite possibly the worst outlook heading into the offseason of any team, with seemingly no clear goal in mind.
http://tinyurl.com/qg6jcsu
New York Mets 2015 NL Champions. New York Jets: 5-11

User Info: BilalPowell

BilalPowell
9 months ago#2
Gonna draft a CB 1st round, get some cheap QB like Glennon to compete with Petty and cut a bunch of old guys like Fitz, Clady, Revis, Harris and possibly Marshall.
Start me, bench Forte

User Info: MacDaMurderer

MacDaMurderer
9 months ago#3
This season is a wash. Basically just watch to see if out young guys keep getting better (Enunwa, Anderson, L. Williams, etc.)

Hopefully Hackensack works out. Probably won't tho.
GT: Mac Da Murderer

User Info: LJN

LJN
9 months ago#4
BilalPowell posted...
Gonna draft a CB 1st round, get some cheap QB like Glennon to compete with Petty and cut a bunch of old guys like Fitz, Clady, Revis, Harris and possibly Marshall.

No need to cut fitz, was a 1 year contract.
Also, I'd say the 49ers are in a worse situation than the Jets or any other team in the NFL.
No matter what happens, never forget...that the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the finals

User Info: Hidden_Is_Back

Hidden_Is_Back
9 months ago#5
Clady is gone. He's not being brought back for the 2017 season.

This next Jets season is going to be sad. Just let all the veterans go and start from scratch
In bizarro world, the horses ride people and they had to put down MasterChief today. - TIDQ

User Info: Aoke_Jccount

Aoke_Jccount
9 months ago#6
The Hackenberg pick just gets worse and worse. At the same time... the Dolphins made the playoffs. We're not far off from Miami.
New York Jets:5-11

Hidden_Is_Back
9 months ago#7
Aoke_Jccount posted...
The Hackenberg pick just gets worse and worse. At the same time... the Dolphins made the playoffs. We're not far off from Miami.

No, we're not. Don't think that. We need to rebuild this and cut the dead weight for cap space. This team is nowhere near competing even if they got a probowler at <insert position here>
In bizarro world, the horses ride people and they had to put down MasterChief today. - TIDQ

User Info: mew4ever

mew4ever
9 months ago#8
Aoke_Jccount posted...

Like life, so much of football is timing. We missed the playoffs at 10-6. Miami clinched a playoff spot this year in week 16 at 10-5. With dark days ahead I'd very much have wanted a fools gold playoff season.
http://tinyurl.com/qg6jcsu
New York Mets 2015 NL Champions. New York Jets: 5-11

User Info: Aoke_Jccount

Aoke_Jccount
9 months ago#9
I was upset we signed a drug fiend to join our defensive line. We have enough thugs.

I'm all for second chances, like when we signed Marcus Dixon (the convicted rapist) in 2010, but I don't want our most disappointing unit having another toxic personality.

Saw Jordan Jenkins get some PFF love. He didnt pass the eye test for me, but i was checked out for the last quarter of the year.

So far what I've read about Morton has been positive.

Looking forward to the combine
New York Jets:5-11

Hidden_Is_Back
9 months ago#10
Guys I'm scared we're going to take Jabrill Peppers and he's going to bust hard :(

The QBs in this draft isn't anything to get excited about either. I think the best option would be to trade down.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. New York Jets Topic VI: A Pilotless Flight

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived