This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breitbart's NFL story of the day: Colin Kaepernick an Embarrassment to Football

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Breitbart's NFL story of the day: Colin Kaepernick an Embarrassment to Football
(message deleted)

User Info: OfficerRoche

OfficerRoche
8 months ago#82
Caution999 posted...
The term 'racist' has become a buzzword

Racism is just a buzzword

"Identity Politics" isn't though

since you Liberals have over-used it more than an 80 year old career prostitute.

I guess this is supposed to be a joke but I don't really know

Everything is racist today. You can't cross the street without being labeled a racist. I mean, race relations weren't always perfect, but seems to me, that during Bill Clinton's and George Bush's presidencies things were "OK". Yeah, you're never going to get rid of racism, but under Obama...we're back at like 1960's level race relations here.

Aside from the laughable whitewashing of the past, I like your assertion that racism does exist, but the real problem is black people bringing it up

But hey.

"NICE CLOCK!! AND HE COULD'VE BEEN MY SON"

Says our president before facts are sorted.

(and yes I'm aware those two people aren't the same race/religion/etc/etc)

By "facts are sorted" what we really mean is "give us time to dig up any moral failings on the part of the murdered citizen so we can say he deserved to die because of a facebook post from two years ago, or just make up a narrative like the lies that Michael Brown was shoplifting or it was somehow Trayvon Martin's fault for antagonizing the armed, grown man who was following him home and harassing him because he was "suspicious""

Whatever we need to do to avoid ever having to engage honestly and address ongoing issues with racism and this country I guess

User Info: nicklebro

nicklebro
8 months ago#83
OfficerRoche posted...
Whatever we need to do to avoid ever having to engage honestly and address ongoing issues with racism and this country I guess

/slayed
Now you can't call me a sigless user.

User Info: BilalPowell

BilalPowell
8 months ago#84
I like the funny transformers in Revenge of the Fallen.
Start me, bench Forte

User Info: Caution999

Caution999
8 months ago#85
All I know is that we had investigations/trials into both Martin and Brown, and both times the court system didn't hold the other party guilty for the deaths.

Obviously, if there was any overwhelming proof of foul play, those would have gone in a different direction.

And it's a shame because neither of them deserved to die. That shouldn't happen in a perfect world, but this world isn't perfect. Even if I believed Brown was a thug who was a drug dealer and shoplifted - neither of those crimes are punishable by death. And yeah, Zimmerman is a piece of s***. No question there. I sincerely hope karma gets that guy big time.

But my focus has been on the media. Sensationalizing these events before the trials came. The fog wasn't cleared. That's my biggest issue. After Trayvon Martin, they realized black/white relations were STILL a hot topic in this country. They played it up, and took people's emotions for their own personal gain. And if there was any shred of journalistic integrity left in this world - people wouldn't sensationalize a person's DEATH. That is wrong.

...And that's why I don't trust the media. Trump isn't perfect. He's largely a buffoon(who just says things), but he's got a point when he says the news networks are fake news.

As for Kap, he's a load of s***. He didn't put his money where his mouth was until he was pressured to. That's a fact. I don't give two f***s what point you're trying to make - but on the 9/11 weekend or - around that time, get the f*** up for the anthem. Make an exception for the thousands of victims.
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

User Info: OfficerRoche

OfficerRoche
8 months ago#86
Again, wow the justice system didn't hold the justice system responsible for routinely responding to young black men with exponentially more force than they do other populations, and there wasn't 'overwhelming proof' against the police who control the evidence and routinely harass and assault people trying to video tape them.

The police need to be found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt before the media is allowed to report on what happened, but its ok if the police feel the need to fire multiple shots into the already prone body of an unarmed man after all they are under a lot of stress

And yeah maybe stalking a 16 year old boy walking home from the store and murdering him because you're a racist piece of s*** with a power fantasy is bad, but MY FOCUS is on how awful it is for the media to report that it occurred or even suggest that maybe that this is a thing that shouldn't have happened

And it is WRONG to sensationalize a young man's death by reporting that it occurred but it's ok if I decide to speak on the behalf of everyone that died on 9/11 and use their deaths as a cudgel to try and shame someone whose political opinions I don't like even though literally none of this has even the slightest thing to do with 9/11

ANYWAY the real point here is that I think we can all agree the worst thing is whatever makes me feel uncomfortable or suggests that a status quo that benefits me might need to change that is AN OUTRAGE and we shouldn't be muddying the waters talking about dead people

Well, not dead black people anyway

Caution999
8 months ago#87
CNN turned George Zimmerman into a white guy when he was Hispanic. If that isn't fake news, then I don't know what the hell is. That was an UNPRECEDENTED editorial decision by the likes of CNN and others. He's only half white, but Obama, who is also half white is always described as African American...

They pick and choose what to say due to convenience to create whatever narrative they're trying to push.

By the way, there was never any evidence to suggest Martin's death had anything to do with race. The prosecution never even asserted of Zimmerman having a racial motivation.

NBC edited the recording of Zimmerman's conversation with the police dispatcher to make him appear racist.

And you're telling me the news is unbiased? They literally CREATE the news these days. What kind of journalist CREATES their own news!?
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

User Info: FrankGoreHOF

FrankGoreHOF
8 months ago#88
Zimmerman is very clearly a racist
#FrankGoreHOF

Caution999
8 months ago#89
That's not what the facts say. Personally I believe he's a scum-bag, but there is no proof that he is ar racist nor what happened was racially motivated.

User Info: FrankGoreHOF

FrankGoreHOF
8 months ago#90
I'd say his actions, statements, twitter posts, etc since the court case have at least shown so
#FrankGoreHOF
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Breitbart's NFL story of the day: Colin Kaepernick an Embarrassment to Football

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived