This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is Kaepernick's asking price?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. What is Kaepernick's asking price?

User Info: Kollin6618

Kollin6618
3 months ago#1
Just curious if the reason he hasn't been signed yet is because he's asking too much? The media loves to spin the whole story around but I never hear what kind of contract he's looking for. I suppose if it was just a case of Kaepernick wanting big money and team's not willing to fork it over then there wouldn't be enough to talk about during these slow times. I know I've heard he probably wants starter money but who knows if that's top 15 or bottom third starter money?

Not trying to start a war regarding the kneeling. I personally think he just chose the wrong platform to show his concern. He had the right to do it but he could have thought of something that was just as effective that wouldn't offend a bunch of people.

Still, players have done much worse and been bigger locker room cancers yet still get signed. I just have to think it's probably his asking price.
PSN: Kollin6618
At least 90% of what is asked on boards can be answered with a simple Google search.

User Info: HDG487

HDG487
3 months ago#2
I dunno, but considering he's made good money already it's easy to see he's not willing to settle for vet minimum or anything
Do whatever the hell you want. What do I care?

User Info: Shadow20201

Shadow20201
3 months ago#3
A job.
czzzzzzzzzz[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
'Sir we are surrounded!' 'Excellent, then we can attack in any direction.'

User Info: _Deuce_

_Deuce_
3 months ago#4
About tree fiddy
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7QvRzhVwAAWvXC.jpg:large

User Info: Davjat

Davjat
3 months ago#5
Kollin6618 posted...

Still, players have done much worse and been bigger locker room cancers yet still get signed.

As a backup QB?
The RUSSIANS are coming, the RUSSIANS are coming. hide y0 kids, hide y0 wive, but especially hide y0 emails.

User Info: Punchsmack

Punchsmack
3 months ago#6
Davjat posted...
Kollin6618 posted...

Still, players have done much worse and been bigger locker room cancers yet still get signed.

As a backup QB?

Right, I keep hearing that argument all the time. "But Greg Hardy!" He's not a QB. I'm not saying it's right, but a team could sign a guy with multiple DUI's as their FS or RT because he's not the "face of your franchise". He's just a cog in the machine that can be forgotten by the casual fan. A QB, or backup QB, isn't like that so much. It's normally a big-to-medium contract for a QB/backupQB AND almost everyone knows those two guys.

If Kaep is asking for decent money AND is carrying around the baggage of his drama, that's a big hit for a team to deal with.

Kaep knew what he was doing and took the risk. It almost doesn't matter what he was protesting, by kneeling, which many view as spitting on the country, he alienated a lot of people. Everyday people can understand a DUI, getting caught with an illegal gun or having the cops show up for a domestic disturbance because that happens to them, or happens to people they know. However, willingly disrespecting the anthem and the country is a no-no. Plus, after all that, he didn't even vote.

I figure he'll eventually get a job, but he's going to have to wait. People still don't like his face.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just like uhhh....your opinion man."

User Info: Coolppl Owns

Coolppl Owns
3 months ago#7
Punchsmack posted...
Davjat posted...
Kollin6618 posted...

As a backup QB?

Kaep knew what he was doing and took the risk. It almost doesn't matter what he was protesting, by kneeling, which many view as spitting on the country, he alienated a lot of people. Everyday people can understand a DUI, getting caught with an illegal gun or having the cops show up for a domestic disturbance because that happens to them, or happens to people they know. However, willingly disrespecting the anthem and the country is a no-no. Plus, after all that, he didn't even vote.

lmfao

well i guess we truly are a country of degenerates
_.-=/Got Coolppl?\=-._
=-._\Got Coolppl?/_.-=

User Info: Hopz_7

Hopz_7
3 months ago#8
The problem is that no matter what he's a distraction, and the last thing you want is a distraction from your backup qb. The backup qb is supposed to be the most squeaky clean player on the team. Most teams probably don't view him as the guy they are willing to invest in to start for them, and don't want him as a backup. If he doesn't get signed now, he will get signed during the season when a starter goes down. There's just no reason to have him on the roster now as a backup.
PSN: Hopz_7

User Info: Chap904

Chap904
3 months ago#9
Well Seahawks said the reason they didn't sign him was because of money so he's gotta asking for a pretty good amount. The media is actually his own worst enemy since they keep making it a race issue.
Check out my YouTube Channel: noU Games
https://www.youtube.com/c/noUGames

User Info: donttrysohard

donttrysohard
3 months ago#10
It's been stated on shows but his agent is horrible. People were speculating if he still wanted to play football, would he be a backup, etc.

Squash all that by making a statement or two but his camp seems ok with letting the narrative run wild
GT: DontTrySoHard
BEST.AD.EVER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvIw7DMHXc
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. What is Kaepernick's asking price?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived