This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yeah Kaepernick sure seems focused on football and is not a distraction...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Yeah Kaepernick sure seems focused on football and is not a distraction...

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
5 months ago#61
My_Unit posted...
ClayGuida posted...
Davjat posted...
ClayGuida posted...
Davjat posted...
If you don't want to get killed by a cop, better do what they say. It's really pretty damn simple, and 99.9% of killings would never have happened if people obeyed that simple rule.

That's an incorrect way of thinking.

Not if you want to live.

No. You're ignorant as f***.

Yet you offered no other solution so your opinion counts for jack squat

Don't need to offer one since you won't accept it anyway.

You want to know how to curb this shoot first mentality, stop treating the police departments like military and treat them like peace officers. Their job is to curtail violence, not instigate it. A cop used to be taught that they never draw their weapon unless they plan to fire it. Now people have their weapons drawn at busted tail light stops. They're also taught to not fire the weapon unless it's absolutely, positively, the last thing they can do. Now they just fire at will when they feel the need. Guy standing 45 feet away with a knife, well clearly he's going to stab me unless I fire 3 clips into him. Guy running away from me? Well, clearly he's up to something, my Judge Dredd instinct tells me to take care of him now, he may be wanted for not paying child support, so that warrants me murdering him in cold blood. Guy isn't listening to my orders? I'll show him how to listen, when he's buried six feet under.

This cop mentality that they're judge, jury, and executioner needs to be stopped. The courts allowing these cold blooded murderers to walk free also needs to be stopped. There's video evidence of a cop murdering someone and jurors still refuse to 'lock her up'. If you murder someone, you're a murderer. You're not a cop, you're not a soldier, you're not a neighbor, you're a murderer. Calling a murderer a murderer should never, ever, be a punishable offense. Dirty cops are dirty, murderer cops are murderers, and if you want to remove the stigma that your fellow officers are creating, do something about them, not the public who wants justice.

So yea, my solution, weed out people who are obviously going to be s***ty cops, weed out people who have no vocabulary skills, and weed out people who simply don't understand that being a cop is not about carrying a gun, but defending the public. You chose to be a cop. If you can't handle being scared at the sight of a dark skinned person, you shouldn't be in law enforcement.
lolAmerica

User Info: ChandlerParsons

ChandlerParsons
5 months ago#62
@Davjat

People like you are cool with cops breaking the law and violating our rights.

You only have to obey lawful orders.

All the cop supporters. What ya opinions on police corruption and the way they just cover up their mistakes?
http://imgur.com/aDYvnqD http://imgur.com/1ApHjdm
Shut it down, let's go home!

User Info: JKeezy85

JKeezy85
5 months ago#63
Sun Xiao posted...
JKeezy85 posted...
I'm not buying the blackball argument. For him to truly be blackballed, all 32 teams would have to collude to exclude him. I just don't see that happening. If there was a team out there that thought he could solve their QB problem, he'd be signed.

IMO, I believe that some teams did blackballed him if you remember Mara's comment about fans would get protest if they sign him. Some owners like Woody Johnson are completely a-hole to him.

I think his demand that's what might keeping him from signing with teams like I mean he wants $8-9m per year and wants to be starter. I believe that $8-9m is no issue to most teams ,but starter is different story ,so he would have to accept being backup qb rather than starter.

"some teams" can't blackball him. For him to be truly blackballed, all 32 teams have to collude to not sign him.
John Kirkwood March 13th, 1951-May 7th, 2010. God rest your soul, Dad.

User Info: JKeezy85

JKeezy85
5 months ago#64
ClayGuida posted...
You want to know how to curb this shoot first mentality, stop treating the police departments like military and treat them like peace officers. Their job is to curtail violence, not instigate it. A cop used to be taught that they never draw their weapon unless they plan to fire it. Now people have their weapons drawn at busted tail light stops. They're also taught to not fire the weapon unless it's absolutely, positively, the last thing they can do. Now they just fire at will when they feel the need. Guy standing 45 feet away with a knife, well clearly he's going to stab me unless I fire 3 clips into him. Guy running away from me? Well, clearly he's up to something, my Judge Dredd instinct tells me to take care of him now, he may be wanted for not paying child support, so that warrants me murdering him in cold blood. Guy isn't listening to my orders? I'll show him how to listen, when he's buried six feet under.

This cop mentality that they're judge, jury, and executioner needs to be stopped. The courts allowing these cold blooded murderers to walk free also needs to be stopped. There's video evidence of a cop murdering someone and jurors still refuse to 'lock her up'. If you murder someone, you're a murderer. You're not a cop, you're not a soldier, you're not a neighbor, you're a murderer. Calling a murderer a murderer should never, ever, be a punishable offense. Dirty cops are dirty, murderer cops are murderers, and if you want to remove the stigma that your fellow officers are creating, do something about them, not the public who wants justice.

So yea, my solution, weed out people who are obviously going to be s***ty cops, weed out people who have no vocabulary skills, and weed out people who simply don't understand that being a cop is not about carrying a gun, but defending the public. You chose to be a cop. If you can't handle being scared at the sight of a dark skinned person, you shouldn't be in law enforcement.

Is that you, Alex Jones?
John Kirkwood March 13th, 1951-May 7th, 2010. God rest your soul, Dad.

User Info: TheFuzz3451

TheFuzz3451
5 months ago#65
Davjat posted...
Vick paid a heavy price for his legal indiscretions. Krapper's karma bag is still overflowing.

hahaha jesus christ

He deserves to go to prison for not respecting your silly little song

Get off my board fascist
You're only as sick as your secrets, but the truth shall set you free.
The truth is the truth, so all you can do is live with it.

User Info: RyanBraun8

RyanBraun8
5 months ago#66
Davjat posted...
ClayGuida posted...
Davjat posted...
ClayGuida posted...
Davjat posted...
If you don't want to get killed by a cop, better do what they say. It's really pretty damn simple, and 99.9% of killings would never have happened if people obeyed that simple rule.

That's an incorrect way of thinking.

Not if you want to live.

No. You're ignorant as f***.

Do you always call people names when you get your ass owned in an argument?

You're a joke
Make America Great(ish) Again Impeach Donald "Snowflake" Trump

User Info: Davjat

Davjat
5 months ago#67
ChandlerParsons posted...
@Davjat

People like you are cool with cops breaking the law and violating our rights.

You only have to obey lawful orders.

All the cop supporters. What ya opinions on police corruption and the way they just cover up their mistakes?

I'm pretty sure I haven't said anything even intimating the idea I'm cool with cops breaking the law. But just like krappernicks dumb ass learned, there is a time and place for everything. if you feel your rights are being violated, you worry about it after your encounter is over. Since you never know what information the cops are acting upon, you often won't know what is or isn't a lawful order, regardless of your want to play real life perry mason. Worry about it when you safely away from the encounter and on your phone with a real attorney.
The RUSSIANS are coming, the RUSSIANS are coming. hide y0 kids, hide y0 wive, but especially hide y0 emails.

User Info: ChandlerParsons

ChandlerParsons
5 months ago#68
Telling people they should always listen no matter what is what gives the impression.

The notion that we should comply with an unlawful order just because they're a cop is about as backwards as it gets. They work for us and we shouldnt feel threatened if we want to exercise our rights
http://imgur.com/aDYvnqD http://imgur.com/1ApHjdm
Shut it down, let's go home!

User Info: Davjat

Davjat
5 months ago#69
Telling people they should always listen no matter what is what gives the impression.

The notion that we should comply with an unlawful order just because they're a cop is about as backwards as it gets. They work for us and we shouldnt feel threatened if we want to exercise our rights

I just told you, you won't know what is or isn't a lawful order in most cases because you do not know what information the cops are acting upon.Why is this so hard for you to understand?
The RUSSIANS are coming, the RUSSIANS are coming. hide y0 kids, hide y0 wive, but especially hide y0 emails.

User Info: DiegoSanchez206

DiegoSanchez206
5 months ago#70

I would venture to say you're too ignorant to know if an order is lawful or not. That's how you get your ass kicked.
NSFW https://gfycat.com/CrispHelplessGalapagosha
http://i.imgur.com/7VlitsA.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Yeah Kaepernick sure seems focused on football and is not a distraction...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived