This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kirk Cousins will play under franchise tag for one year.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Kirk Cousins will play under franchise tag for one year.

User Info: Sun Xiao

Sun Xiao
5 days ago#1
I bet he will regret for made decision because he kept exploiting franchise tag rule because he won't have 2 good receivers. He now has to prove that he can lead Redskins to playoffs and must improve 3rd down situation and red zones which he's one of worst qbs.

If he can't improve on those areas, Redskins will have no problem to get rid of him then will draft qb. He will be literally Fitzpatrick II.
FC- 2723-9249-0160 Name: Kagemusha

User Info: bvillebro

bvillebro
5 days ago#2
i mean we were the team that kept putting it on him

hes already gotten paid quite well, and more than likely will next year unless he totally bombs it. if anything its us who missed out if he potentially becomes a big deal, but he likely wont and both sides will walk away better than they were before
Learning something new everyday

User Info: IWantANewKlug

IWantANewKlug
5 days ago#3
Sun Xiao posted...
I bet he will regret for made decision because he kept exploiting franchise tag rule

I don't think you understand how the franchise tag works.
http://i.imgur.com/7bKJ1.jpg

User Info: Gojak_v3

Gojak_v3
5 days ago#4
Sun Xiao posted...
I bet he will regret for made decision because he kept exploiting franchise tag rule because he won't have 2 good receivers.

While his receivers may have helped him that's not what is happening here. Literally no one thinks he's worth ones of these 5 year $25 million contracts. And he isn't. The Redskins are really the ones that got burned here with him playing on the tag twice cause it's clear they don't want to pay him a contract in that area.
http://i.imgtc.com/rIZcfGBEt8.png

User Info: Edible

Edible
5 days ago#5
Gojak_v3 posted...
Literally no one thinks he's worth ones of these 5 year $25 million contracts

Regardless, I can name several teams who would pay him that much next year, given the chance.

And yes, Washington completely f***ed themselves over it.
We are on a voyage to the truth. The light shines on the earth...
What are you thinking about so deeply in the face of fact?

User Info: jordan629

jordan629
5 days ago#6
He gone
I will not change this line until the Philadelphia Eagles win a Super Bowl - Started 8.25.05
NOVA NATION: 2016 National Champions

User Info: Triad

Triad
5 days ago#7
He'll be in San Fran next year.
Lights, they flash in the evening, through a hole in the drapes. I'll be home when I'm sleeping. I can't hardly wait.

User Info: bvillebro

bvillebro
5 days ago#8
we are gonna walk away having given 3x as muhc money away than we needed to, for a guy who was never gonna be here long term and still didnt get us to a single playoff win

Like we are known for bombing in free agency, but this is no doubt our biggest bungle since Haynesworth market wise. We robbed ourselves and Kirk Cousins is gonna start over somewhere else and get a modest deal from a QB starved team
Learning something new everyday

User Info: Punchsmack

Punchsmack
5 days ago#9
As a Browns fan, I'd want him, but then again most of our QBs since Bernie have been putrid to barely "good" (which has only happened a few seasons).

However, signing him to a 5-year contract worth $125M isn't all that smart. I don't think he's "elite" good.

I think the Skins have played this about as well as any team could. They don't/didn't have complete faith in him, so they cut him the franchise checks, no big deal.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just like uhhh....your opinion man."
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: FrankGoreHOF

FrankGoreHOF
5 days ago#10
Welcome to the 49ers
#FrankGoreHOF
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Kirk Cousins will play under franchise tag for one year.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.