This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the most forgotten Super Bowl of all time?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. What is the most forgotten Super Bowl of all time?
In recent memory, it’s definitely Super Bowl XLVII. 49ers vs. Ravens.

I just never hear anyone talk about this game at all, it’s almost as if it never happened. Yeah, there was the blackout, but that’s about all you hear about it.
Carolina Panthers 2016-17 NFC South Champs
Super Bowl 52 Champs

User Info: BilalPowell

BilalPowell
4 days ago#2
I'll say Cowboys vs Broncos in the 70s. No clue about anything from that game aside from who won and a couple player names.
Start me, bench Forte

User Info: DrainDeimos

DrainDeimos
4 days ago#3
Colts vs. Bears for me. I forgot that this Super Bowl even occurred within the last 10-11 years.
<strong>Baltimore Orioles: 0-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 10-6</strong> SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPS!

User Info: InnerTubeHero

InnerTubeHero
4 days ago#4
I forgot.
Don't you draw the Queen of Diamonds boy, she'll beat you if she's able.
You know the Queen of Hearts is always your best bet

User Info: Razorskin

Razorskin
4 days ago#5
XVIII - It's the only Super Bowl over a 15 year period in the 80s and 90s won by the AFC and a blow out to boot. The only thing memorable about it was the iconic Apple Macintosh commercial by Ridley Scott that aired during it.
Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.
Read a book. Read my books: https://www.amzn.com/e/B01LI9WZSG/

User Info: Altma15

Altma15
4 days ago#6
Bucs vs Raiders

User Info: mew4ever

mew4ever
4 days ago#7
Niners Ravens was plenty memorable.

Harbowl
blackout
Joe Flacco had potentially the GOAT postseason for a qb
should have been the super bowl the year before as well. Lee Evans dropped a gw td for the ravens in New England and Kyle Williams muffed punts twice as the niners went 1-13 on 3rd down against the giants.

All that and the fact neither team was a modern powerhouse like the Patriots makes it easy to remember.
http://tinyurl.com/qg6jcsu
New York Mets 2015 NL Champions. New York Jets: 3-2
mew4ever posted...
Lee Evans dropped a gw td for the ravens in New England and Kyle Williams muffed punts twice as the niners went 1-13 on 3rd down against the giants.

and yet if you go watch even literal high school football, you'll see a guy double-muff f***ing never

#nflisn'triggedtho

#where'skyleatnow?ohreapinghisrewards
gee

User Info: coffee7729

coffee7729
4 days ago#9
Just going based off of the ones I can actually remember (since 1997 or so), I'd say the most forgettable ones were:

Cardinals/Steelers 2009 (didn't care about either team at all and I don't remember anything about this game off the top of my head besides a James Harrison pick-6 right before halftime)
Harbowl 2013 (I swear the only reason I remember anything about this game at all is because the power went out)
Broncos/Seahawks 2014 (just because the game sucked so bad)

All other Super Bowls I look back on and can remember a few significant things about or just being good games in general.
Jim Caldwell employment tracker: still employed.

User Info: Butterfiles

Butterfiles
4 days ago#10
coffee7729 posted...
Broncos/Seahawks 2014
http://www.last.fm/user/PigBun
56k warning
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. What is the most forgotten Super Bowl of all time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.