This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Antonio Brown already a top 10 WR all time?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Is Antonio Brown already a top 10 WR all time?

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
4 days ago#1
Compared to other greats in the Modern era of football (Pre-Modern is too different so I'm not gonna touch guys like Don Hutson).

569 Rec
7,611 Rec yards
52 Rec TDs

That's his numbers in the last 5 years alone. Currently, he leads the NFL in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TDs with four games left, and can become the first WR since Steve Smith in 2005 to win the Triple Crown award (led the league in all three categories). He has more receptions and receiving yards than any other WR in NFL history during a 5 year span. He's also a 4x (soon to be 5x) All-Pro with 3 of those (soon to be 4) being first team (5 consecutive seasons). Only guys like Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison was that consistent during the prime of their careers and AB just surpassed Marvin for most recs during a 5 year span. At this right, he might retire as a top 5 WR all time barring injury. The guy is amazing to watch and not just as a Steelers fan. He might not be as physically imposing like Julio Jones, but he makes up for it with his amazing route running and great separation ability not to mention he had great hands (he has two seasons with a catch rate over 70%). He probably only needs like two more good seasons to be a HoF lock. He'll probably start getting HoF talk after this season.

Obviously, Rice, Moss, and Owens are the consensus top 3 in that order (some might flip the latter two around). Marvin Harrison and Larry Fitzgerald are probably the next two. After that you got guys like Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Michael Irvin, Steve Largent, and Calvin Johnson in whatever order and some borderline top 10 guys like Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt. AB will probably slid into top 10 talk soon.
"Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!" - MF DOOM
(edited 4 days ago)
Easily

probably top 5
https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/807448896213397504

User Info: Triad

Triad
4 days ago#3
Probably.
"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."

User Info: BilalPowell

BilalPowell
4 days ago#4
Something something passing league.
Start me, bench Forte

User Info: HeeathLivesOn

HeeathLivesOn
4 days ago#5
Obv
'Just sitting around the house tonight w my dog. Felt like I should be doing something important, but couldn't put my finger on it.' - Phil Kessel on USA snub

User Info: karlaemeterio

karlaemeterio
4 days ago#6
Nope

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
4 days ago#7
karlaemeterio posted...
Nope

Explain.
"Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!" - MF DOOM

User Info: Rembrandt

Rembrandt
4 days ago#8
BilalPowell posted...
Something something passing league.
DADbrandt, ROTYbrandt, Simbrandt
"Odin, nooo. Nooo, Odin" - Troy

User Info: DeadCellReborn

DeadCellReborn
4 days ago#9
Tf? Brown s***s on prime rice's abilities
XBL - Powder Kegs
Date interracial! #DownWithTheSwirl

User Info: HeeathLivesOn

HeeathLivesOn
4 days ago#10
Imagine not rating Brown as #1 all time
'Just sitting around the house tonight w my dog. Felt like I should be doing something important, but couldn't put my finger on it.' - Phil Kessel on USA snub
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Is Antonio Brown already a top 10 WR all time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.