#2943: The Top 10 Unique Ways to Kill That Wouldn't Work in Real Life by BBGandE

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2943: The Top 10 Unique Ways to Kill That Wouldn't Work in Real Life by BBGandE

User Info: ZeroType-X

ZeroType-X
4 months ago#1
https://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/2943-the-top-10-unique-ways-to-kill-that-wouldnt-work-in-real

Not bad, but I gotta call out the Kendama entry briefly. Genis used one in Tales of Symphonia, which came out several months before Samurai Warriors. If, BBGandE, you knew of this and you went for a character that was actually realistic, then I can toss my statement aside.

Otherwise, what do you guys think?
FFBE: 471,163,819 - P&D: 316,314,463

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
4 months ago#2
Man, you beat me to it! I was gonna say that at #2, the N64 version of South Park was a little better received (with mixed reviews, though) than the PlayStation and PC versions; heck, said N64 version even won the Nintendo Power Player's Choice Awards 1998 for "Funniest Video Game". :D
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: Yasten

Yasten
4 months ago#3
The swallowed whole in HM is similar to Kirby to me...
2277-7544-4509
Sawk used Rock Smash! Opponent fainted. One-hit KO! PSN: YastenU

User Info: CaioNV

CaioNV
4 months ago#4
Cool list there.
Don't you have anything better to do?

User Info: Duke Darkwood

Duke Darkwood
4 months ago#5
Regarding #8 (Dancing), it was used as an Easter egg in Guild Wars: Nightfall. If all players in the party use the /dance emote when facing the final boss, said boss will dance right back at you, and the party will die... complete with the text "You got served!"

Not a bad list, overall, although I'm unfamiliar with most of the games depicted. Still, video games have been creatively killing players (or coming up with creative ways for players to kill) since time immemorial.
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
4 months ago#6
In Brave Fencer Musashi, you fight one of the member's of Leader's Force (Toko?) in a dance battle. Just something worth mentioning for number 8.

I liked the mentioning of Kirby's Mic Ability. That's always been a favorite of mine.

I feel like there could have been a bit more to the list's content. Maybe a few more proofreads would have helped, too. Overall it was an enjoyable read.
The new Reader Review system for GameFAQs looks juvenile and tacky.
"A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man you trust with nuclear weapons."

User Info: Ultrachao

Ultrachao
4 months ago#7
Actually, I think several of these methods COULD, theoretically, work to kill someone in real life, just not nearly as effectively as they do in the fictional examples.
Protoss is clearly the new alliance race for WoW.
MY LIFE FOR AIURnforge -Ridleysbiggestfan

User Info: ZeroType-X

ZeroType-X
4 months ago#8
Kashell Triumph posted...
In Brave Fencer Musashi, you fight one of the member's of Leader's Force (Toko?) in a dance battle. Just something worth mentioning for number 8.

I f***ing loved that game more than anything on the PlayStation. Still remains one of my favorites.

By the way, "Topo".
FFBE: 471,163,819 - P&D: 316,314,463

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
4 months ago#9
ZeroType-X posted...

I f***ing loved that game more than anything on the PlayStation. Still remains one of my favorites.

By the way, "Topo".

Topo! That was her name. Her "battle" was the only part of the game that I actually enjoyed.

DANCE OR DIE!
The new Reader Review system for GameFAQs looks juvenile and tacky.
"A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man you trust with nuclear weapons."

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
4 months ago#10
I feel like there could have been a bit more to the list's content. Maybe a few more proofreads would have helped, too. Overall it was an enjoyable read.

That's the only real criticism I have of this one. It's a unique and fun idea to write about, but the execution was just a bit off. It was lacking in content a bit, and had a number of spelling/grammatical errors (for example "and your enemy pops and is never scene again." and "the Japanese version of ball in a cop").

Other than that, I liked it.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2943: The Top 10 Unique Ways to Kill That Wouldn't Work in Real Life by BBGandE

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived