#2955: The Top 10 Most Unexpected Events In Video Game History, by White_Pointer

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2955: The Top 10 Most Unexpected Events In Video Game History, by White_Pointer

User Info: ShadowSect

ShadowSect
5 months ago#1
The Top 10 Most Unexpected Events In Video Game History, by White_Pointer

https://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/2955-the-top-10-most-unexpected-events-in-video-game-history

Interesting read and topic. Loved the choices, and it was joy to read. What are your thoughts?
My favorite games: http://i.imgur.com/gcFmycb.jpg

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
5 months ago#2
Hopefully the appreciation for this list isn't lost in all of the Quicky drama.

Great list. Each entry was expected, but well written.
darkrpger: I miss you every day. Game on, my brother.
PSN: Growllanser - @Kashell_Triumph

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
5 months ago#3
I have a feeling that it's deja vu in this new list. As if I'd seen that list before...
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: Weird_Fetishes

Weird_Fetishes
5 months ago#4
Another top-quality endeavor by WP.

Also, mentioning the passing of Iwata was a brilliant stroke of respect and gratitude.
The Lord prefers unmarked, non-sequential bills.
-Forgive & Forget from Saints Row

User Info: TheShinyTrader

TheShinyTrader
5 months ago#5
Half of this list wasn't much of a surprise at all when I heard about them.
Don't say anything wrong on this cursed website.
People will gang on you like dogs chasing after a rabbit.

User Info: Moridin2k9

Moridin2k9
5 months ago#6
Really liked the list. As far as the entries not being surprising, I think there's a lot of hindsight going on. Looking back, it's easy to say we saw these coming, but I think most of them were truly surprising at the time.

User Info: MatLShini

MatLShini
5 months ago#7
angeldeb82 posted...
I have a feeling that it's deja vu in this new list. As if I'd seen that list before...

It was a list idea for some time here. I remember the discussion. But hey, I never expected that topic to be picked up and turned into a list!

User Info: DragonSamurai

DragonSamurai
5 months ago#8
I think this list is a good reminder that the gaming industry's face is always changing to adjust with the times; the same can be said of a lot of media too. It does make you wonder where it's all going to go in the future. Will we easily play games the same way people access the Internet using cyber-brains like in Ghost in the Shell? That would certainly be a huge leap in technology and how people consume their media daily.
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)

User Info: BlueGunstarHero

BlueGunstarHero
5 months ago#9
Great as usual, keep up the amazing work!
Play my freeware game Overrwyrld; a Zelda-inspired puzzle adventure where nothing is random!
https://stayingsquareinma.wordpress.com/games/

User Info: SandOnMyBoot

SandOnMyBoot
5 months ago#10
List was very well done, but I also have the feeling I had seen this list before. I thought it was a previous list until I saw the date at the bottom.

Guess my mind is just remembering pieces of different older lists.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2955: The Top 10 Most Unexpected Events In Video Game History, by White_Pointer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived