#2549: The Top 10 Longest Optional Tasks In Video Games, by KeyBlade999

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2549: The Top 10 Longest Optional Tasks In Video Games, by KeyBlade999

User Info: Emulator

Emulator
5 months ago#1
https://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/2549-the-top-10-longest-optional-tasks-in-video-games

Here's an amazing top 10 list. I'm impressed how long do people spend on playing games. What do you think?
"It's not death I'm feared of, I'm just feared of doing nothing in life." - Sahil Bawalia
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com/?user=Emulator

User Info: Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson
5 months ago#2
What amazed me was two good ones that didn't make the list:

1) Get all 100 Skultulas in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

and

2) Complete the entire Bomber's Notebook in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (you'll need to play through at least three or four three-day cycles, and have some patience for some of the marks.)
3DS FC: 3110-4728-7791

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
5 months ago#3
I wish there would have been some mentioning of the battle trophies in Star Ocean 4.
darkrpger: I miss you every day. Game on, my brother.
PSN: Growllanser - @Kashell_Triumph

User Info: Nonproduce

Nonproduce
5 months ago#4
Kashell Triumph posted...
I wish there would have been some mentioning of the battle trophies in Star Ocean 4.

Star Ocean anything would drive normal people mad if they had an OCD to complete everything.
3ds Friend code: 4828-5083-8069
I lack the ambition to get a true signature, someone give me one.

User Info: MJongo

MJongo
5 months ago#5
Jake Johnson posted...

and

2) Complete the entire Bomber's Notebook in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (you'll need to play through at least three or four three-day cycles, and have some patience for some of the marks.)

Neither of those are anywhere close to being in a top 10 longest -- heck, even a top 50 longest.
-Mingy Jongo: Crafty Shaman Impersonator

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
5 months ago#6
Nonproduce posted...
Kashell Triumph posted...

Star Ocean anything would drive normal people mad if they had an OCD to complete everything.

Lies! I'm still perfectly sane.

:D ....

>.> ....

FWIW, doing everything in Star Ocean 5 wasn't too bad, just took a bit of time.
darkrpger: I miss you every day. Game on, my brother.
PSN: Growllanser - @Kashell_Triumph

User Info: JTekashiro

JTekashiro
5 months ago#7
MJongo posted...
Jake Johnson posted...

and

Neither of those are anywhere close to being in a top 10 longest -- heck, even a top 50 longest.

If you didn't have a guide those could take some serious time but I agree, those wouldn't take nearly as long as some of the ones listed.

User Info: DarkCaptain3

DarkCaptain3
5 months ago#8
I'd argue that completing the pokedex is actually quite easy especially around the time of Black 2/White 2.

Dark Cloud 2's Invention side list actually doesn't take long either especially considering there is a trick involving it.

The rest of the list I can agree with.
"So... are you satisfied now?",
Zelkova______________Gamestop Manager, Known as the Queen of Darkness

User Info: MasterOfMyth

MasterOfMyth
5 months ago#9
Maxing out everything in Dragon Quest IX.

There's a huge amount of monsters, some of which are exclusive to grottos which there are an unlimited amount of and require exploring with very difficult monsters. There are almost 200 quests total present in the game.

There is also a very diverse list of items as well as an alchemy system in order to get the best items and even worse, to get the best form of the best items you have to perform a "alchemiracle" in which there is, under normal circumstances, a ~10% to obtain said item.

And, the thing that could objectively take the longest, there are legacy bosses. Each one can level up to 99 and drop the powerful items needed to try to get alchemiracles.

Edit : At level 99, the legacy bosses all have a 10% chance of dropping said items to get the alchemiracles.
FC is : 5215-0944-7134 // You can call me William/Myth or whatever works :)

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
5 months ago#10
DarkCaptain3 posted...
I'd argue that completing the pokedex is actually quite easy especially around the time of Black 2/White 2.
The description takes into consideration filling out the entries for different forms, including shinies. Which, if you're not hacking or trading, would probably amount to significantly more than 2500 hours.
3DS: 3394-4061-9856 / NNID: SirRobX
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2549: The Top 10 Longest Optional Tasks In Video Games, by KeyBlade999

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived