Top 10 Lists: The Top 10 Most Unexpected Games In A Series (Round 1)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Top 10 Lists: The Top 10 Most Unexpected Games In A Series (Round 1)

User Info: amcdc79

amcdc79
3 months ago#1
From 2013,

https://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/2570-the-top-10-most-unexpected-games-in-a-series-round-1

Interesting Top 10,

Your thoughts?

User Info: vega2505

vega2505
3 months ago#2
This is the most tl;dr list I've ever seen...why does each entry have to be a light novel?
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the Tiger Knee.

User Info: Jin 13

Jin 13
3 months ago#3
Well, first gripe is referring to Samus as "he". And while I know he made the reveal of Samus actually being female in the entry, it's still irksome.
"*checks jins karma* 1111 wow thats odd" mistr moon
AIM: BabyMousePichu ~ Playing: Pokemon Sun

User Info: LunarSilhouette

LunarSilhouette
3 months ago#4
and finally a true sequel called Phantasy Star Online 2 was released in Japan for the PC and PlayStation Vita in 2012 (with a US release in 2013).

https://youtu.be/H47ow4_Cmk0
Mc: *Makes cat noises*. Yukari: "I-Is that a fox?", Mc: "It's a cat, dammit!" - Persona 3 Portable

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
3 months ago#5
Long. As. Hell.
Maybe I'll put something here one day.

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
3 months ago#6
I don't mind reading, but good hell.
darkrpger: I miss you every day. Game on, my brother.
PSN: Growllanser - @Kashell_Triumph

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
3 months ago#7
Absurdly long, and also the author got the background info on the origins of the Final Fantasy franchise wrong. They didn't put "Final" in the title because they thought it would be their last game, that's a misnomer, but rather because they were looking for a word that started with "F" and sounded cool, and "Fighting Fantasy" was already taken.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: FriedConsole

FriedConsole
3 months ago#8
vega2505 posted...
This is the most tl;dr list I've ever seen...why does each entry have to be a light novel?

Yeah it goes over the complete history of the series. It is really not worth reading but it is a good idea for a list.

User Info: bvillebro

bvillebro
3 months ago#9
I would think Metal Gear Rising (good) or Metal Gear Survival (very bad) would be better choices than Acid
Learning something new everyday

User Info: jokrayz

jokrayz
3 months ago#10
bvillebro posted...
I would think Metal Gear Rising (good) or Metal Gear Survival (very bad) would be better choices than Acid

Oh. That's still happening? I thought Konami quit gaming altogether and went to those pachinko things.
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Top 10 Lists: The Top 10 Most Unexpected Games In A Series (Round 1)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived