#2978: The Top 10 Forgotten Games That Deserve a Remake/Remaster (Part 1 of 2)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2978: The Top 10 Forgotten Games That Deserve a Remake/Remaster (Part 1 of 2)

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
4 months ago#1
...by Emi3280.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/2978-the-top-10-forgotten-games-that-deserve-a-remake-remaster

Well, here's another new list, and yet it looks kind of okay, IMO.
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: SageHarpuia

SageHarpuia
4 months ago#2
All of the different Megaman series would be eligible for a remake or sequel at this point tbh. We also need a new Pokemon Ranger.

User Info: RockX0083

RockX0083
4 months ago#3
With remakes being all the rage and the success or the Crash remakes, I'm sure they'll do the first three Spyro games by next year.

Also, in the honorable mentions he listed Silent Hill. Would you call the Wii/PS2 game a remake or a re-imagining? Game is way too different from the PS1 game.

User Info: Wyldefyr

Wyldefyr
4 months ago#4
Nice list. What about Tomba and Tomba 2 for the next list?
PSN: wyldefyr
Pain is how I know I'm alive.

User Info: Xtopher85

Xtopher85
4 months ago#5
RockX0083 posted...
With remakes being all the rage and the success or the Crash remakes, I'm sure they'll do the first three Spyro games by next year.

Also, in the honorable mentions he listed Silent Hill. Would you call the Wii/PS2 game a remake or a re-imagining? Game is way too different from the PS1 game.

Yeah, if this were a list on popular opinions instead of the TCs opinion, I think Spyro might have been #1. I see a lot of people asking for that.
Good list though! I personally would like a Brave Fencer Musashi remake. Closest thing to Zelda available from Squaresoft (not that it's anywhere near as great as Zelda, but it is great in its own right).
-PSN: Xtopher85
"Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarassment." - Pod 153

User Info: Emi3280

Emi3280
4 months ago#6
SageHarpuia posted...
All of the different Megaman series would be eligible for a remake or sequel at this point tbh. We also need a new Pokemon Ranger.

I agree with you, I'm a big fan of Megaman and I think he deserves more attention. Too bad that Capcom has other priorities. The only Pokemon Ranger that I played was the first one and it was very fun, I thought that they were still releasing them.

RockX0083 posted...

I sure hope so, I'm having a lot of fun with the N Sane Trilogy (I've rage quitted like six times but still having fun). A remake of the Spyro games would be an instant buy at least for me. About Silent Hill, I did my research since I also thought it was a re-imagining, but according to all the websites I visited, it's considered a remake. If it didn't count as a remake or a remaster, then it would be totally eligible even if I followed all of my rules, and it would easily be in my Top 3 tbh.

Wyldefyr posted...
Nice list. What about Tomba and Tomba 2 for the next list?

Thanks for the feedback! I can't reveal the games that are in the Top 10 because it would be like spoilers, but I can say that I really love the Tomba games, if that means anything.
PSN: MrLoneWanderer - 3DS FC: 0490-6216-2718
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280

Emi3280
4 months ago#7
Xtopher85 posted...
RockX0083 posted...

Yeah, if this were a list on popular opinions instead of the TCs opinion, I think Spyro might have been #1. I see a lot of people asking for that.
Good list though! I personally would like a Brave Fencer Musashi remake. Closest thing to Zelda available from Squaresoft (not that it's anywhere near as great as Zelda, but it is great in its own right).

It's a Top 20, this list was basically #20 to #11. The top dogs are coming in the next list. Thanks for the feedback!

User Info: xue1

xue1
4 months ago#8
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemfire

User Info: jumper1234

jumper1234
4 months ago#9
It's a decent list, but there are alot of typos in it. For example, in the "Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future" part it is stated "Sega spawned a spin-off from this IP for their last console, the Sega Saturn", when the game was released on the Sega Dreamcast. The Saturn was the system that came out before the Dreamcast. Just wanted to point this out.
RIP Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

Emi3280
4 months ago#10
jumper1234 posted...
It's a decent list, but there are alot of typos in it. For example, in the "Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future" part it is stated "Sega spawned a spin-off from this IP for their last console, the Sega Saturn", when the game was released on the Sega Dreamcast. The Saturn was the system that came out before the Dreamcast. Just wanted to point this out.

Yes, that was a mistake, I messed up my facts right there, thanks for pointing it out.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2978: The Top 10 Forgotten Games That Deserve a Remake/Remaster (Part 1 of 2)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived