#2987:The Top 10 Games That Deserve A Remake/Remaster (Part 2 Of 2)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2987:The Top 10 Games That Deserve A Remake/Remaster (Part 2 Of 2)

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
2 months ago#1
By Emi3280.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/2987-the-top-10-games-that-deserve-a-remake-remaster-part-2-of-2

I agree with most of these, but I'd prefer Oblivion to Morrowind. It just has more potential with its setting. It's also worth noting that, if the writer had left "forgotten" in the title (even if it still only meant forgotten by the developers rather than the players), Morrowind would not qualify. Bethesda remembered Morrowind when they made the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim for sure. Granted, that was 6 years ago, but they've been steadily milking Skyrim ever since it first released anyway.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: ZeroType-X

ZeroType-X
2 months ago#2
Need to nitpick on one of the HMs.

Lufia II was the one that was remade, not the first one.
FFBE: 471,163,819 | P&D: 316,314,463 | Currently Playing: N/A

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
2 months ago#3
Not too bad. The only reason I'd want a Tomba remake would be due to affordability.

ZeroType-X posted...

I was gonna point this out, but you saved me the trouble. ^.~
PSN: Growllanser
@Kashell_Triumph

User Info: ShadowSect

ShadowSect
2 months ago#4
I don't know why Mother 3 needs a remaster/remake. It just needs a localization akin to the fan translation, but otherwise good list with good writing.
My favorite games: http://i.imgur.com/gcFmycb.jpg

User Info: Silent_Crucifix

Silent_Crucifix
2 months ago#5
I like the list a lot. Kind of disappointed Legends of Dragoon wasn't on the list, or even an Honorable Mention.

I remember borrowing it from a friend back in freshman year, and beating it twice. I had such a great time with the game I ended up buying it 8 years later during a tour in Afghanistan. I was afraid I was wearing nostalgia goggles during my $60 purchase, but after the month long wait (mail arrives slowly when your in the middle of nowhere) I popped it in my PS2 and relived one of my top 5 greatest RPGs to date. I still have the game tucked away in a box with all my other PS1 & 2 games. My PS2 console was a trooper but never made it back.

I would purchase any console or a whole new PC, even, just to play a remastered version of Legends of Dragoon.

User Info: GigadeathWeapon

GigadeathWeapon
2 months ago#6
If RE3 does get a remake somewhere down the line from that of RE2, Capcom would still need to remake Code: Veronica if I'm ever to touch any of them. And even then, with one specific detail that ties into the first game's remake, assuming it's addressed at all.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
2 months ago#7
List was good.
I'm gonna bring up tai fu until it gets anywhere on a top 10 list here.

Dreamworks really had something good there
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: DragonSamurai

DragonSamurai
2 months ago#8
I'm glad to see Chrono Cross there. Regardless of what people think of it or how they tried to tie it to Chrono Trigger, the game is a solid title overall and one of the best titles in the "Summer of Adventure" campaign that Square (when it was still Squaresoft) brought here. I'll never forget the incredible journey I went on with Serge and everyone back in 2000.

An example of some of the older entries that got a good treatment by the developers is Final Fantasy VI (III in the west)

No one in the west calls FFVI by that name anymore and it's been that way since the 90s ended. We've been caught up with the correct numbering for years. Come on now.
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)

User Info: Emi3280

Emi3280
2 months ago#9
Yay my list! Okay I'll start replying to everyone now.

Zero_Maniac posted...
I agree with most of these, but I'd prefer Oblivion to Morrowind. It just has more potential with its setting. It's also worth noting that, if the writer had left "forgotten" in the title (even if it still only meant forgotten by the developers rather than the players), Morrowind would not qualify. Bethesda remembered Morrowind when they made the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim for sure. Granted, that was 6 years ago, but they've been steadily milking Skyrim ever since it first released anyway.

I chose Morrowind over Oblivion because I can still play Oblivion without feeling 100% alien. It is outdated, but not enough to be considered unbearable at least for me.

ZeroType-X posted...

I didn't know specifically for which one it was, that is why I didn't list the year of that one. Actually, I wanted the first Lufia in the Top 10. I never played the remake, I just did my research here in GameFAQs and found that. Thanks for the heads up!

Kashell Triumph posted...
Not too bad. The only reason I'd want a Tomba remake would be due to affordability.

ZeroType-X posted...

I was gonna point this out, but you saved me the trouble. ^.~

Thanks for the feedback! :)

ShadowSect posted...
I don't know why Mother 3 needs a remaster/remake. It just needs a localization akin to the fan translation, but otherwise good list with good writing.

A remake for the 3DS in English would be an immediate buy for me. I can't see them just localizing a game that's over 10 years old.
PSN: MrLoneWanderer - 3DS FC: 0490-6216-2718
"The two most important days in life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."

User Info: Emi3280

Emi3280
2 months ago#10
Silent_Crucifix posted...
I like the list a lot. Kind of disappointed Legends of Dragoon wasn't on the list, or even an Honorable Mention.

I remember borrowing it from a friend back in freshman year, and beating it twice. I had such a great time with the game I ended up buying it 8 years later during a tour in Afghanistan. I was afraid I was wearing nostalgia goggles during my $60 purchase, but after the month long wait (mail arrives slowly when your in the middle of nowhere) I popped it in my PS2 and relived one of my top 5 greatest RPGs to date. I still have the game tucked away in a box with all my other PS1 & 2 games. My PS2 console was a trooper but never made it back.

I would purchase any console or a whole new PC, even, just to play a remastered version of Legends of Dragoon.

Is it that good? I'll try it!

GigadeathWeapon posted...
If RE3 does get a remake somewhere down the line from that of RE2, Capcom would still need to remake Code: Veronica if I'm ever to touch any of them. And even then, with one specific detail that ties into the first game's remake, assuming it's addressed at all.

A Code Veronica remake would be very appreciated too! I really enjoy that game.

gamemaster712 posted...
List was good.
I'm gonna bring up tai fu until it gets anywhere on a top 10 list here.

Dreamworks really had something good there

Is it better than Shaq Fu?

DragonSamurai posted...
I'm glad to see Chrono Cross there. Regardless of what people think of it or how they tried to tie it to Chrono Trigger, the game is a solid title overall and one of the best titles in the "Summer of Adventure" campaign that Square (when it was still Squaresoft) brought here. I'll never forget the incredible journey I went on with Serge and everyone back in 2000.

An example of some of the older entries that got a good treatment by the developers is Final Fantasy VI (III in the west)

No one in the west calls FFVI by that name anymore and it's been that way since the 90s ended. We've been caught up with the correct numbering for years. Come on now.

Chrono Cross is such a good game. The battle system is better than most of the newer turn based RPGs. Too bad that Square Enix doesn't do anything with it.

And well, I just added that as an extra. I know that we all know that it's actually VI and not III, but there's always someone that doesn't know and that would write something like "you're wrong!! This list sucks gigantic amounts of horse dick because of this error!" and I prefer to avoid them altogether.
PSN: MrLoneWanderer - 3DS FC: 0490-6216-2718
"The two most important days in life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2987:The Top 10 Games That Deserve A Remake/Remaster (Part 2 Of 2)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived