#2996: The Top 10 Portable Games You're Probably Not Playing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2996: The Top 10 Portable Games You're Probably Not Playing

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
1 month ago#1
...(And Why You Should Be), by LostSoul

https://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/2996-the-top-10-portable-games-youre-probably-not-playing-and-why

Well, here's another new list. I think it's pretty okay, but what do you think otherwise?
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: ZeroType-X

ZeroType-X
1 month ago#2
Make it stop make it stop make it stop make it stop make it stop make it stop...

Point of the post? Stop oversaturating the Top 10s with bleh.

EDIT: Just so it doesn't look like spam, I will say the mention of Azure Striker Gunvolt is fine in my book. But by seeing the short ass intro I knew it was this user.

I wonder how many times Summon Night has been on the Top 10s out of the last 20 lists so far?
FFBE: 471,163,819 | P&D: 316,314,463 | Currently Playing: Forza Motorsport (Xbox), Gods Eater Burst (PSP)
Official Noctis of the Brave Exvius board.

User Info: Duke Darkwood

Duke Darkwood
1 month ago#3
I know of only a couple of these games and have played none of them, but would still say it's better than his last list. He actually makes some decent pitches on the games, too.
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann

User Info: Sintacs

Sintacs
1 month ago#4
I probably wouldn't have included Muramasa on the list since it was a Wii game first, and kind of went against the dude's initial "rules".

User Info: Elite_HT_Soljah

Elite_HT_Soljah
1 month ago#5
Sintacs posted...
I probably wouldn't have included Muramasa on the list since it was a Wii game first, and kind of went against the dude's initial "rules".

And even if you were gonna break the "rules" and include a mobile port, Odinsphere is the better option IMO
IX > VII = VIII = X = T > XII = VI = IV > X-2 > XV > I > XIII > II
Haven't played the rest or spent enough time on them to say.

User Info: 91210user

91210user
1 month ago#6
Oh no, he messed up how the article print appears on frontpage:

The Top 10 Portable Games You're Probably Not Playing (and Why You Should Be)

I did a list like this before, but it was solely Nintendo systems. I'm now dong another to promote underrated games for portable systems. RULES: 1. Strictly portable systems only (so no Switch) 2. I'm not including mobile games (although some of these may be available for mobile) 3. If I haven't played the game, I can't include it 4. THIS IS MY OPINION. You don't need...

Continue Reading »?

No thanks. We're really screwed now! I only clicked the link to scroll down and with no surprise. LostSouls. He (or She) need to stop caving under the pressure and try and make some sense with what (s)he's typing because I don't see it in new list LostSouls as put up. It shows! Please... take some care with how the texts appears from the introduction because they will show as an abstract on frontpage.

User Info: curtain_falls

curtain_falls
1 month ago#7
Not again...
I wonder if the writer did read the comments here though?

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
1 month ago#8
ZeroType-X posted...
I wonder how many times Summon Night has been on the Top 10s out of the last 20 lists so far?

Summon Night as a whole or just Swordcraft Story?
Cause while the later is a subseries of the former, their popularity are exclusive.

On topic,
- Drill Dozer is merely an action game. I finised it and I dont see which aspect of it is an "RPG". Hell, it has more in common with Metroid than an RPG. Start out weak, hunt for 3 gears and upgrade yourself to Gear 3, wreck havoc with theme-song power up. Rinse and repeat until boss.

- not enough research on Astro Boy. The 2003 anime was fairly popular when it was airing; even getting an English dub. The REAL reason why Omega Factor was overlooked is the same reason developers are doing this moment: the heavy focus on console experience and gimping the handheld.
All advertising were directed towards the console version of Astroy Boy.
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: MrFwibbles

MrFwibbles
1 month ago#9
Why does the author say that Phantasy Star Portable 2 is still fun to play online, when the servers were taken down years ago? I feel like that should have been mentioned in the article.
#JRPG2016 Results - http://pastebin.com/mEcXB8Sd
#JRPG2017 - How many JRPGs can you beat? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else/74824797

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
1 month ago#10
curtain_falls posted...
Not again...
I wonder if the writer did read the comments here though?

He almost never replies to these threads so I have my doubts as to whether he reads them or not.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2996: The Top 10 Portable Games You're Probably Not Playing

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived