#3015: The Top 10 Best Consoles for Role-Playing Games, by LoneCourier2281

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3015: The Top 10 Best Consoles for Role-Playing Games, by LoneCourier2281

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/3015-the-top-10-best-consoles-for-role-playing-games

Well, here's another new list. And I can tell that it looks pretty good, IMO.
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: LoneCourier2281

LoneCourier2281
4 weeks ago#2
I forgot to mention him in the list but he helped me out with a few of the titles and part of the information on Tales of Berseria.

But shout out to @Kashell_Triumph for the help.

Sorry again ::(
In memory of the crew of Easy 40. 20th January 2007.

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
4 weeks ago#3
SNES will always be the king of RPG consoles and PS1 is #2

LoneCourier2281
4 weeks ago#4
WhyitEarp posted...

I came late to the RPG game, PS1 was the first system I played.

User Info: ShadowSect

ShadowSect
4 weeks ago#5
LoneCourier2281 posted...
I forgot to mention him in the list but he helped me out with a few of the titles and part of the information on Tales of Berseria.

A tip for your next Top 10 list, add a "Thanks" section to thank people who helped you out with a list! :D
My favorite games: http://i.imgur.com/Xc7AXlT.jpg

User Info: ShadowSect

ShadowSect
4 weeks ago#6
Already read this list because I'm impatient and can't wait for things to be featured before I read them XD
I really liked the list. Small amount of Pokemon but they were still mentioned (where is my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon mention RIOT IN THE STREETS FOR AN SEMI-OBSCURE SUB-SERIES)
I loved the writing, I liked a lot of the mentions, I liked the listing, and most importantly I liked the mentions of some obscure RPGs I liked that I'm glad got to be in the spotlight for this list.
Really good job, LoneCourier. I love your lists.
My favorite games: http://i.imgur.com/Xc7AXlT.jpg

LoneCourier2281
4 weeks ago#7
ShadowSect posted...
LoneCourier2281 posted...

A tip for your next Top 10 list, add a "Thanks" section to thank people who helped you out with a list! :D

I actually had the plan to thank him and then In between trying to finish the list and make it to midnight chow before the DFAC closed I submitted it after giving it a final read-over. I immediately was like "I'm sorry I forgot you" to him.

LoneCourier2281
4 weeks ago#8
ShadowSect posted...
Already read this list because I'm impatient and can't wait for things to be featured before I read them XD
I really liked the list. Small amount of Pokemon but they were still mentioned (where is my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon mention RIOT IN THE STREETS FOR AN SEMI-OBSCURE SUB-SERIES)
I loved the writing, I liked a lot of the mentions, I liked the listing, and most importantly I liked the mentions of some obscure RPGs I liked that I'm glad got to be in the spotlight for this list.
Really good job, LoneCourier. I love your lists.

Are you the one that recommended Boylan's Root Beer??

Because I absolutely love it too.

And sorry about forgetting Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, it is a great, fun series for sure!

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
4 weeks ago#9
WhyitEarp posted...

Here's an interesting bit of trivia for you.

The SNES had 58 total turn-based RPGs - however, only 14 of those made it to the US, and a paltry 3 of those made it to PAL regions (according to Top Hat Gaming Man). We got a few more action RPGs thankfully, but turn-based RPGs were a pretty sore point.

LoneCourier2281
4 weeks ago#10
WhitePointer posted...
WhyitEarp posted...

Here's an interesting bit of trivia for you.

The SNES had 58 total turn-based RPGs - however, only 14 of those made it to the US, and a paltry 3 of those made it to PAL regions (according to Top Hat Gaming Man). We got a few more action RPGs thankfully, but turn-based RPGs were a pretty sore point.

Hmmm... I suppose if I had some more research into games that didn't make it wear my choices could have been drastically different.

The biggest omission I know some people might bring up and this has a lot to do with me not getting until a few years back is the Saturn.

I know it's Japanese library is said to be phenomenal, but I cannot personally attest to it, however some day hopefully I can.

If... I can ever figure out what's wrong with my Saturn.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3015: The Top 10 Best Consoles for Role-Playing Games, by LoneCourier2281

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived