#3038: The Top 10 Biggest Difficulty Spikes in Video Games, by Killzonegaming

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3038: The Top 10 Biggest Difficulty Spikes in Video Games, by Killzonegaming

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
1 week ago#1
https://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/3038-the-top-10-biggest-difficulty-spikes-in-video-games

This new list has not been on the front page yet, but it will be sooner or later.
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: Reploid

Reploid
1 week ago#2
Glad to see Whitney get a mention. Battle Toads is no surprise; turbo tunnel is a huge roadblock. Pinwheel race is still the hardest part of that game for me though. I still can’t beat it consistently without pause buffering.
Original hardware only!

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
1 week ago#3
The number 10 entry is pretty weak I think. I know it was a personal experience, but my 7 year old daughter is playing the game for the first time ever right now and beat Croco on her second attempt.

Other than that I think it's a good list though I haven't played all of the games on it.

User Info: Killzonegaming

Killzonegaming
1 week ago#4
WhitePointer posted...
The number 10 entry is pretty weak I think. I know it was a personal experience, but my 7 year old daughter is playing the game for the first time ever right now and beat Croco on her second attempt.

Other than that I think it's a good list though I haven't played all of the games on it.

Honestly, I should have put Bowyer as the real difficulty spike, but thinking back on how many hours I wasted taking him on at level 3; that’s why he’s on the list.

Edit: Though I do admit it was my fault only for making it hard, but Croco was the point where the game said “get your butt in gear”.
Lawbreakers is underrated
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
5 days ago#5
Keeping this bumped up.
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

WhitePointer
5 days ago#6
angeldeb82 posted...
Keeping this bumped up.

Why? It was only 3 threads down the list in the first place.

WhitePointer
4 days ago#7
This list is finally featured now.

User Info: Jin 13

Jin 13
3 days ago#8
Battletoads does not get any easier after the Turbo Tunnel. My first thought after reading that was:

"Hi, I'm the Ice Caverns. Have we met?"

The game is pretty simple and straightforward up until the speeder section of the Turbo Tunnel, then it cranks the difficulty to 12 and doesn't look back. I do, however, wholeheartedly support Battletoads being the #1 entry.
"*checks jins karma* 1111 wow thats odd" mistr moon
AIM: BabyMousePichu ~ Playing: Pokemon Sun

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 days ago#9
Canary Mary is the reason I never gotten that last cheato page. And also all 90 jiggy only once
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 days ago#10
I like to add an honorable mention:
The ice block levels of Catherine.
Those stumped me good and I quit the game
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3038: The Top 10 Biggest Difficulty Spikes in Video Games, by Killzonegaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.