This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I get better at landing?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Online
  3. How do I get better at landing?

User Info: H-O-G

H-O-G
7 months ago#11
Best way to land is really by learning the matchups because honestly u can't land the same way against every character
Friend code: 5000-3290-0193 H.O.G. Hand of God
Since a youngin' been dat N**** NNID: Samurai-Edge9

User Info: quinfordmac

quinfordmac
7 months ago#12
play melee instead
Down air, raptor boost, back air, KNEE?!

User Info: energyman-2289

energyman-2289
7 months ago#13
quinfordmac posted...
play melee instead

I've been playing a s*** load of Project M lately.

Or I guess I should say Project M Ex cause I've been adding characters.

Knuckles main for life baby
Little Mac & Corrin Champion of GFAQs NNID: energyman2289 FC: 5257-9419-2734 Twitter: @energyman2289 YT: http://bit.ly/1LV0BhV

User Info: xIvan321

xIvan321
7 months ago#14
All I can tell you your only disadvantage is being chased by high speed grounded enemies because your aerial mobility of your characters aren't great, but I know having a disjoint sorta helps your landing unless the player you fight acknowledges what exactly one particular move does and either: pivot grabs it correctly or attacks you in the blindspots or even waits until the hitbox disappears. There are also other exceptions like being juggled by other projectiles since its very little commitment compared to outright challenge your aerial landings.

If you can bring yourself awareness to this you can be hyper focused more on learning more ways to prevent situations that led to being juggled.
Mega Man main

User Info: NeutronStar256

NeutronStar256
7 months ago#15
yeah, marth and lucina are at a huge disadvantage when the opponent is under them, moreso than most

possibly their biggest weakness imo
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
just a Ghost haunting the FGC

energyman-2289
7 months ago#16
xIvan321 posted...
All I can tell you your only disadvantage is being chased by high speed grounded enemies because your aerial mobility of your characters aren't great, but I know having a disjoint sorta helps your landing unless the player you fight acknowledges what exactly one particular move does and either: pivot grabs it correctly or attacks you in the blindspots or even waits until the hitbox disappears. There are also other exceptions like being juggled by other projectiles since its very little commitment compared to outright challenge your aerial landings.

If you can bring yourself awareness to this you can be hyper focused more on learning more ways to prevent situations that led to being juggled.

!!

Very good advice
Little Mac & Corrin Champion of GFAQs NNID: energyman2289 FC: 5257-9419-2734 Twitter: @energyman2289 YT: http://bit.ly/1LV0BhV

User Info: Sephiro

Sephiro
6 months ago#17
Marth and Lucina are played best with a ground based game. Work on this. Enhance your neutral game.
Fullhop Fair into landing Shieldbreaker or anything of the like can bait and punish certain situations, but do not throw these movements out unless you know you are advantageous in the situation or you think you know enough of how the opponent will react so you predict right.

Shorthop fastfall is not something to use excessively either. You want to mix up your movement, but its far too easy for someone like Mario to run up and either sheild then attempt to punish your landing or charge a reverse Up Smash. There again, these situations are matchup based.

Your main goal:
Don't let yourself be put into a disadvantageous situation in the first place.
Play the grounded game and force players offstage, then react to their getup options.
Don't spam Down Tilt, use it once every time the opponent tries to recover and leave it to walk back that tad amount where Marth/Lucina can react to all getup options.
It may help to let them on for free the first time in order to see how they get up. Then next time, punish accordingly or predict a different option.

Important:
Marth and Lucina excel at edge guarding getup options.
Look up info of faking trumps, trumping options, and the like.
Marth personally can tipper Forward Smash I'm thinking about any opponent that regrabs the edge if you don't miss the 2-frame window and they don't buffer a getup option.

Go learn and improve your neutral, friend.
Add me in the Line app on the playstore to be invited to a groupchat of Smash 3DS players. Line user ID: seph777
I play as 21 characters and welcome you all.

energyman-2289
6 months ago#18
Thank you so much.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Online
  3. How do I get better at landing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived