The leaks thread for people who want to see more (SPOILERS, of course)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. The leaks thread for people who want to see more (SPOILERS, of course)

User Info: kirbymariomega

kirbymariomega
1 month ago#81
Doubting that that "leak" has any merit just because of one small but noticeable semantic thing: the Pagoda Kingdom's name does not work compared to the rest. All of the other kingdoms' names are based on location or climate (with the exception of the Mushroom Kingdom, an established location, and the Luncheon Kingdom, which is still a very broad title nonetheless), so to have one and only one named after a type of structure seems very out of place.

User Info: Boo Destroyer

Boo Destroyer
1 month ago#82
Genericgamer667 posted...
the leaker apparently wants to stream now

Does he now? I wonder...

User Info: ShiniOfMadness

ShiniOfMadness
1 month ago#83
One thing that doesn’t line up for me with the kingdoms “leak” has to do mostly with the Swamp and Pagoda Kingdoms...

If Swamp is a Haunted Kingdom that’s all well and good, but if not, that’s THREE somewhat aquatic areas. That’s just too much, I think. If it isn’t a wetland I feel like it could end up similar to Cascade as well...

But Pagoda is the big offender... Crystal Caves as a locale makes little to no sense to me. Most area names have something to do with the region of the real world they’re based on (Bonneton is French I think, New Donk for New York, Volbono is Italian, etc.) Crystal Caves has very little to do with any sort of Asia theme. Further, I can’t really imagine how a crystalline cave could have anything to do with a pagoda in general.

But all this is just my gut... whether or not it’s real remains to be seen.
Spread the Happiness!~
My favorite series are Pikmin and Chibi-Robo!

User Info: PouringLight

PouringLight
1 month ago#84
kirbymariomega posted...
Doubting that that "leak" has any merit just because of one small but noticeable semantic thing: the Pagoda Kingdom's name does not work compared to the rest. All of the other kingdoms' names are based on location or climate (with the exception of the Mushroom Kingdom, an established location, and the Luncheon Kingdom, which is still a very broad title nonetheless), so to have one and only one named after a type of structure seems very out of place.

Cascade
no one needs that piece of dung s*** character. overrated and annoying, name one character who isn't like this - Ajnin on Yoshi

PouringLight
1 month ago#85
If the leak is real that means the broodals are definitely the big bads of the game with the Broodal lair being the final location.
no one needs that piece of dung s*** character. overrated and annoying, name one character who isn't like this - Ajnin on Yoshi

PouringLight
1 month ago#86
Maoong posted...
Almost an hour of gameplay here for those that missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=603&v=-NxBtTXSKMs

Edge wasn't kidding.

The cinematics in this are beautiful.

User Info: Asukami

Asukami
1 month ago#87
Well, we know the order of the first few kingdoms now.

Cap Kingdom -> Cascade Kingdom -> Sand Kingdom -> then you can choose between the Lake Kingdom and the Wooded Kingdom.

Pretty interesting stuff so far, the Lake Kingdom is beautiful.
Who else will I have ice cream with?

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
1 month ago#88
the lake kingdom is not the goopy swamp place right?
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: kirbymariomega

kirbymariomega
1 month ago#89
PouringLight posted...
kirbymariomega posted...

Cascade

It's essentially a waterfall kingdom, which is in-line with what it represents: a bunch of islands marked by huge cascades. If it were something like Skull Kingdom or Fossil Kingdom, then it would be more in-line with the name of Pagoda Kingdom.

User Info: Asukami

Asukami
1 month ago#90
Genericgamer667 posted...
the lake kingdom is not the goopy swamp place right?

Nope. It's a sparkly water-themed area with Mermaids as NPCs. There's a big dome underwater that looks really nice. Apparently those rabbit minions that Bowser has went there to steal a wedding dress.

It has 33 Moons.
Who else will I have ice cream with?
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. The leaks thread for people who want to see more (SPOILERS, of course)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived