New IT (2017) trailer!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. New IT (2017) trailer!

User Info: SRR Capdown

SRR Capdown
2 months ago#11
the_NGW posted...
A few jump scares in a two minute trailer =/= jump scares: the movie.

I feel like a lot of it was the way the trailer itself was edited too.
Fire Bucket

User Info: Taishi Ci CCR

Taishi Ci CCR
2 months ago#12
@XLi_B0xxy_xLI posted...
I wanted to see it but now I see it's basically "jump scares: the movie" and I have no hope for it

Come on, babe! Don't be so quick to dismiss! It looks great. You can already tell/know this version is much closer to the book than the 1990 miniseries. There's alot of suspense and mystery that goes into IT; not just "jump scares" like a Halloween or Friday the 13th slasher.

How about this: I'll still treat you to this movie and if you don't like it, we'll make-out instead. <3

As for people saying it will be a cliff-hanger because it's (most likely) two parts. It's obvious it will be two parts. The book was essentially two parts, the 1990 miniseries was two parts. The fans of IT/Stephen King already know and understand this walking in on September 8th. If the casuals like it enough, they'll be back next year for Part 2.
Which dystopia do you want to live in? Huxley or Orwell? - AtmosOmega
You guys on this board can be a little biased...

User Info: Rai_Jin

Rai_Jin
2 months ago#13
The only way the movie of the adult part isn't going to royally suck is if they add a ton of new stuff, since like all of the thrilling scenes happen when they're kids. And the actors will probably get outplayed by the kids again.

User Info: MrOnionHead

MrOnionHead
2 months ago#14
Taishi Ci CCR posted...
The book was essentially two parts

Two parts that the reader was constantly switching between.

I'm not saying the new style can't work, but pretending nothing has changed is disingenuous.

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
2 months ago#15
Rai_Jin posted...
The only way the movie of the adult part isn't going to royally suck is if they add a ton of new stuff, since like all of the thrilling scenes happen when they're kids. And the actors will probably get outplayed by the kids again.

OK...
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex,The Glass Wraith of Gamefaqs.
S.S SatoSere/Amour, Engines and Core being repaired. Funny how one detail can change many things.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
2 months ago#16
I'm pretty excited for this movie, I hope they do the book justice . . .and also make a better ending than the book
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. New IT (2017) trailer!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived