Wow this game isn't relaxing at all

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Stardew Valley
  3. Wow this game isn't relaxing at all

User Info: JayMan1

JayMan1
2 months ago#11
Hit up the mine and upgrade your gear. I'm in the fall first year and have have 4 5X5 plots for crops. net around 15k every few days. Fishing earns some serious dough too.

Relax, have more fun.
FC 1693 2434 4585

User Info: Radbot42

Radbot42
2 months ago#12
yeah I've definitely think I've done too much for my farm. About half the day is over before I leave. Will probably go smaller until I can get the level 3 watering can. I like to spend time in the mine, and have been getting less of that. Guess I need to make a better pick-ax as well.
Share a bag of potato chips and we all become friends!

User Info: jeox

jeox
2 months ago#13
I feel like the game isn’t so much meant for completionists. Like just take it day by day doing what you can. Just imagine it like you’re own real life, do you get to do alll the things you want to do everyday all the time? No, sometimes we miss special events, fun times and cool things because life has differnt plans for us. Be happy There’s just so much to do in this game you don’t have time for it all haha.
In a world that works to tear us apart from truth, at least video games bring us together.
PSN: AddyFatty. XBL:FuzzyMoLover

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
2 months ago#14
There is no time limit, the hell are you rushing for unless you want to?
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
2 months ago#15
LightHawKnight posted...

There is no time limit for the overall game, but there is a time limit for the day and there is a day limit for the season. One of TC's issues is that if you don't do certain things quickly enough, then you will not be able to complete objectives until an entire year goes by and you are back to whatever season needed.

I am going to take the advice in this topic and just play casually, but I understand why this would be hard for someone coming from animal crossing. While Animal Crossing has similar objectives that could be missed (up to a full year in real time!) there is literally all day to do them. In this game their is a more imposing sense of time and that you are "missing" things but not playing optimally.
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers

LightHawKnight
2 months ago#16
RaisinBizzle posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

There is no time limit for the overall game, but there is a time limit for the day and there is a day limit for the season. One of TC's issues is that if you don't do certain things quickly enough, then you will not be able to complete objectives until an entire year goes by and you are back to whatever season needed.

I am going to take the advice in this topic and just play casually, but I understand why this would be hard for someone coming from animal crossing. While Animal Crossing has similar objectives that could be missed (up to a full year in real time!) there is literally all day to do them. In this game their is a more imposing sense of time and that you are "missing" things but not playing optimally.

But the year isn't even long. Why bother? Take your time and enjoy the game. It isn't as if you will die before the next game year starts.

User Info: maestro

maestro
2 months ago#17
RaisinBizzle posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

yep thats me.

In Animal crossing, you have the entire real life length of a season (4months) to complete a task that is season specific, and there is no stamina, so if I feel like cuting down all of the trees in my village and replacing them with a different fruit or covering the entire first half of the village with flowers to try to get hybrids I can do that aallll day long without passing out. or running out of time because I have to be to bed by 2am.
Pokemon Y FC;2793-0640-1817, Pokemon X FC: 2981-6595-8912
what is a ? WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOUR IMAGINARY MONEY! HOW MUCH DOES IT COST!?! - the afrochicken

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
2 months ago#18
LightHawKnight posted...
RaisinBizzle posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

But the year isn't even long. Why bother? Take your time and enjoy the game. It isn't as if you will die before the next game year starts.

I haven't made it through a full year, but TC calculated it at 24 hours roughly. That's a long time to get back to a missed objective that you wanted to achieve.

I feel like Stardew Valley has more of the traditional video game tropes such as stamina and time limits which makes it a different experience from animal crossing and one that is a bit difficult to get used to for someone having played a ton of animal crossing.
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers

LightHawKnight
2 months ago#19
RaisinBizzle posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
RaisinBizzle posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

I haven't made it through a full year, but TC calculated it at 24 hours roughly. That's a long time to get back to a missed objective that you wanted to achieve.

I feel like Stardew Valley has more of the traditional video game tropes such as stamina and time limits which makes it a different experience from animal crossing and one that is a bit difficult to get used to for someone having played a ton of animal crossing.

24 hours is too long for you? What is wrong with you? Take your time and enjoy the game. The longer the game lasts, the better.

User Info: Bluntlicious

Bluntlicious
2 months ago#20
day cycle too short and the character movement is too slow. too much pressure for a so called relaxing game. only thing keeping it from being a perfect 10/10, that and shallow characters.
MNWKA
  1. Boards
  2. Stardew Valley
  3. Wow this game isn't relaxing at all

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived