Comparison screenshot between docked and handheld.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Comparison screenshot between docked and handheld.

User Info: Totoro

Totoro
1 month ago#11
Good thing i don't care about graphics unlike some people.
I love My Neighbor Totoro, Okami, and Sonic.
Official Motobug of the Greenhill zone.

User Info: sandstormflygon

sandstormflygon
1 month ago#12
JigglyPunk posted...
sandstormflygon posted...
Damn that s***. I know the switch a weak piece of hardware but even BOTW in handheld looks much better so there no excuse for this s***.

lol, crygon is back at it again.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if Monolith Soft released a patch that helped fix some of the resolution issues, similar to how they beefed up Zelda with those updates that improved the framerate.

What handheld mode looks like trash no matter how you slice it or until this hypothetical patch comes the s*** resolution is a fact.

User Info: JigglyPunk

JigglyPunk
1 month ago#13
JigglyPunk posted...
Damn that s***. I know the switch a weak piece of hardware but even BOTW in handheld looks much better so there no excuse for this s***.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if Monolith Soft released a patch that helped fix some of the resolution issues, similar to how they beefed up Zelda with those updates that improved the framerate.

What handheld mode looks like trash no matter how you slice it or until this hypothetical patch comes the s*** resolution is a fact.

cry more if it will help you feel better

https://i.imgur.com/CUzFHFj
"A refined, yesteryear's RPG"
- Gamespot reviewer in reference to Xenoblade Chronicles 2

User Info: Starlord12

Starlord12
1 month ago#14
JigglyPunk posted...

Do you only show yourself when negativity is around?
If you are skeptical of everything, you wind up not trying anything.
Switch FC- SW-5637-7942-0885 NNID FC- 0404-6783-3729

User Info: XxGhaleonxX

XxGhaleonxX
1 month ago#15
I don’t get it. Like yeah it’s not the best but I can make out what everything is in that screen shot it looks fine. So basically it can only gonna get better from here via patch? Great. Sign me up.
PlayStation: AcetonSkyhigh
Switch: SW-0738-7544-2985

User Info: ParagonCrossing

ParagonCrossing
1 month ago#16
the "hand held" image looks like it has a filter over it... yeah 99% it's been altered

not only that but there both have the same amount of render distance and folliage, usually a big difference in most games when it comes to docked/undocked, i'm pretty sure it's the case with this game too

actually yeah, i'm 100% sure the "undocked" image has been altered.
I mean i'm no tech expert but the "524" and other UI text is in the exact same resolution on both screenshots, undocked mode is supposed to run at a lower resolution that the docked mode... if that's the case they The UI should NOT be in the same exact resolution.

i don't believe this is real, but nice try whoever took these screenshots
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing

User Info: NoJobBob

NoJobBob
1 month ago#17
Things keep getting worse and worse. Really expecting a 6.5 metacritic average

User Info: 1010101010

1 month ago#18
ParagonCrossing posted...
the "hand held" image looks like it has a filter over it... yeah 99% it's been altered

not only that but there both have the same amount of render distance and folliage, usually a big difference in most games when it comes to docked/undocked, i'm pretty sure it's the case with this game too

actually yeah, i'm 100% sure the "undocked" image has been altered.
I mean i'm no tech expert but the "524" and other UI text is in the exact same resolution on both screenshots, undocked mode is supposed to run at a lower resolution that the docked mode... if that's the case they The UI should NOT be in the same exact resolution.

i don't believe this is real, but nice try whoever took these screenshots

I mean it's not unheard of for a UI to be a different resolution than the game. They probably wanted it to be the same otherwise it would have been difficult to read.

Also Switch screenshots are compressed, so that should be kept in mind.

User Info: __Ryoki__

__Ryoki__
1 month ago#19
I don't know if those are altered at all, but if you actually adjust the undocked image to be about the size of the actual switch screen, they look alright. Which is kind of the point, it'll never be larger than that.

Here's another undocked screenshot, again, if you adjust the size, it looks fine.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPKcfpYWsAAkQ7z.png:large
"With the right amount of power, anything can be yours!" : Inspirational words from Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf | Orange Shy Guy of the MK8 Deluxe board

User Info: ParagonCrossing

ParagonCrossing
1 month ago#20
1010101010 posted...
I mean it's not unheard of for a UI to be a different resolution than the game. They probably wanted it to be the same otherwise it would have been difficult to read.

Also Switch screenshots are compressed, so that should be kept in mind.

true but docked/undocked run at different resolutions not the same, if they match it to handheld modes resolution it will look noticeably blurry on docked mode since docked is above 720p.

if both handheld/tv mode run at 720p then it would make sense why the UI are the same resolution, but from early impressions it's pretty much confirmed that docked mode runs at a higher resolution

like i said i'm no tech expert but personally i think the screenshots look altered
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Comparison screenshot between docked and handheld.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived