Best JRPG of this year.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Best JRPG of this year.

User Info: RubixPube2113

RubixPube2113
1 week ago#1
which is it? - Results (1641 votes)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
29.49% (484 votes)
Nier:Automata
18.1% (297 votes)
Persona 5
48.02% (788 votes)
Tales of Berseria
4.39% (72 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I’ve played all of these. Xenoblade has a ton more content but Nier:Automata holds a very special place in my heart. It made me question so much about life. XC2 has a great soundtrack but I believe Nier’s was better. Thoughts? Persona was fun and long and kept me going and the art style was fantastic but Nier just takes for me.
A pube of a different color.
PSN: Rubixpube2113 Twitch.tv/rubixpube2113

User Info: gregcamhon

gregcamhon
1 week ago#2
music wise - persona 5
graphics wise - nier:automata
story wise - xc2
gameplay wise - xc2

User Info: RubixPube2113

RubixPube2113
1 week ago#3
I’m in chapter 6 at like 70 hours this story is good but in my opinion Niers was better. Personas music was good for the 5 tracks it had. Niers music was just plain more heartfelt than any of them to me. This is objective speaking. Opinions, opinions, opinions. 😑
A pube of a different color.
PSN: Rubixpube2113 Twitch.tv/rubixpube2113

User Info: FScell

FScell
1 week ago#4
Nier is the best game on this list but I can't put it as a JRPG.
You feel like you're going to have a bad time.

User Info: SonyHoundDawg

SonyHoundDawg
1 week ago#5
Tales has way better characters then this game

Xenoblade has much better combat then tales

Nier is excellent but it’s a totally different type of game

User Info: Cephrien

Cephrien
1 week ago#6
I couldn't possibly choose between Xenoblade, Nier and P5 tbh. They're all so amazing.

User Info: Kaspercam

Kaspercam
1 week ago#7
Automata was honestly finished just as the game was getting really enjoyable for me so I was let down. I know it had a bunch of side stuff but it didn’t seem all that interesting so I didn’t bother. The combat was probably my favourite though! P5 was undoubtably a great game but I do enjoy a little more open area exploring.. though P5 has those cool social simulation parts I found myself really enjoying and the story was great at times. This scope of this game is crazy and all the hidden stuff you are rewarded with for exploring is very satisfying. I’m honestly enjoying the story, characters and cutscenes and would rate it highly overall. The combat works but can become a little predictable since I mostly enjoy using Rex so far. The only major downside of Xenoblade for me so far is underwhelming performance in handheld mode and a little in docked mode + garbage map feature.

TLDR I would say I’m enjoying Xc2 the most and imagine I will easily get the most content out of it.

User Info: Kaspercam

Kaspercam
1 week ago#8
gregcamhon posted...

Opinions are opinions afterall but I’ve never understood why people praise Its graphics.... some of the open areas, foliage and buildings looked absolutely garbage but I guess character models were decent. Each to their own I guess!

User Info: gregcamhon

gregcamhon
1 week ago#9
Kaspercam posted...
gregcamhon posted...

Opinions are opinions afterall but I’ve never understood why people praise Its graphics.... some of the open areas, foliage and buildings looked absolutely garbage but I guess character models were decent. Each to their own I guess!

Nier has better graphics but bad design, xc2 has better design but worse graphics, persona is in the middle

User Info: sarevokmb

sarevokmb
1 week ago#10
I've only played P5 and XC2, but P5 wins in pretty much every way for me. The combat is a bit too easy and basic compared to XC2, but ends up being a bit more fun with collecting different personas. Both games are great, but P5 wins easily for me.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Best JRPG of this year.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived