New interview with the developers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. New interview with the developers

User Info: Graywolf_d_45th

Graywolf_d_45th
2 months ago#1
http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-chrom-was-made-first-lissa-lucina-frederick-robin-talk-much-more/

Some things of note

-There was alot of suprise at the E3 presentation when many people, especially the host would start yelling "my husband, my husband" whenever Xander appeared on screen. It left an impression on them after finding out America had it's own "waifu and husbando culture"

-The OCs were made sword users because the fact that they were lords

-There was also discussion of making the twins an axe and lance duo but scrapped the idea for the sake of an easier tutorial for unexperienced players.

-A character's weapon type cannot be changed; pointing out the twins will remain only sword users the entire game.

-Chrom was the very first character they created, and started making the roster in parallel with characters in relation to chrom (eg. Fredrick Robin, and Lissa)

-Chrom was also made first due to the fact there already existed a Chrom model from Awakening's pre rendered cut scenes and was used as reference for the game's artstyle.

-Lucina was originally planned to be scrapped from warriors due to the fact of there being too many swords users already, and because of her role in Awakening as part of the second generation. but IS and Nintendo insisted she be included due to her popularity

-The roster was chosen by the team with a ranking of all the characters from C to A with a rank of S added later for essential characters.

-They were quite happy with how the voice acting is going so far, mentioning how they liked the performances from characters like Marth, and Marx/Xander for how they were able to bring out certain emotions perfectly
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Im not sure about the universe! -Albert Einstein
Priam for Fire Emblem Switch

User Info: LittleRoyal

LittleRoyal
2 months ago#2
Did they say Chrom, Marth, Rowan, Lianna, Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma is just over 20% of the roster?

Hm that's a bit under 35 so between 30-35 characters?

Also they said Lucina almost wasn't in so no more child units?

And this confirms popularity polls matter a lot after all.
I-I really needed this~~
Time to stomp some faces!!!

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
2 months ago#3
LittleRoyal posted...

Anyone saying otherwise was deluding themselves. Koei is all about popularity polls, just look at all the ones they have for DW and SW.

Also they're reasoning for giving the twins swords makes no sense to me. How would using a spear or axe unit make learning the mechanics somehow more difficult? Zhao Yun and Yukimura Sanada, the poster boys for their two main series and and characters who are usually available to default and therefore used a lot by new players, both use spears. So it would be nothing new for musou fans. And FE fans would already understand the weapon triangle.

Also: "There was alot of suprise at the E3 presentation when many people, especially the host would start yelling "my husband, my husband" whenever Xander appeared on screen. It left an impression on them after finding out America had it's own "waifu and husbando culture" '

I felt indirectly embarrassed for her all throughout the demo, and now I'm feeling it again.
The (un)official (nothing) of (none of the) board(s).

User Info: MetaFalconPunch

MetaFalconPunch
2 months ago#4
I'm amused that they didn't know about waifu culture in America by now.

Wonder what this means for the future.
Born too late to explore Earth, born too early to explore space. Born just in time to explore the wondrous and terrifying depths of the internet.

User Info: Folt

Folt
2 months ago#5
Darkdragoon324 posted...
Also they're reasoning for giving the twins swords makes no sense to me. How would using a spear or axe unit make learning the mechanics somehow more difficult? Zhao Yun and Yukimura Sanada, the poster boys for their two main series and and characters who are usually available to default and therefore used a lot by new players, both use spears. So it would be nothing new for musou fans. And FE fans would already understand the weapon triangle.

Because the tutorial would be more difficult depending on the character chosen unless they did things like changing enemy positions or what enemy types appear. By keeping their weapons the same, they're able to properly streamline the tutorial stages and make the choice of MC not matter for the beginning where a new player is just starting out and needs time to familialize themselves with the mechanics. It's kind of like why most Fire Emblem games have the sword MC face axe-wielding barbarians early on.

User Info: Astral_Comet

Astral_Comet
2 months ago#6
LittleRoyal posted...
Did they say Chrom, Marth, Rowan, Lianna, Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma is just over 20% of the roster?

Hm that's a bit under 35 so between 30-35 characters?

It's important to note that it says content there, in the translation, rather than characters. There's a lot that this could mean, from weapon styles to actual characters to gameplay modes and objectives, so we can't really say for certain yet what they're referring to. But yes, if they truly mean characters then 7 being 20% would tell us that it's roughly 35. I don't expect them to have meant that, though, and I'm keeping my hopes around 20-25.
Official Jirachi of the Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon boards.

User Info: Y2JUzumaki

Y2JUzumaki
2 months ago#7
Graywolf_d_45th posted...
-Lucina was originally planned to be scrapped from warriors due to the fact of there being too many swords users already, and because of her role in Awakening as part of the second generation. but IS and Nintendo insisted she be included due to her popularity

At this point, I would like to thank IS and Nintendo for keeping Lucina in.

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
2 months ago#8
Folt posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...

Because the tutorial would be more difficult depending on the character chosen unless they did things like changing enemy positions or what enemy types appear. By keeping their weapons the same, they're able to properly streamline the tutorial stages and make the choice of MC not matter for the beginning where a new player is just starting out and needs time to familialize themselves with the mechanics. It's kind of like why most Fire Emblem games have the sword MC face axe-wielding barbarians early on.

They could just introduce the character switching mechanic by having an equal number of enemy weapon types and having us switch between twins.
The (un)official (nothing) of (none of the) board(s).

User Info: LittleRoyal

LittleRoyal
2 months ago#9
Darkdragoon324 posted...
LittleRoyal posted...

Anyone saying otherwise was deluding themselves. Koei is all about popularity polls, just look at all the ones they have for DW and SW.

Also: "There was alot of suprise at the E3 presentation when many people, especially the host would start yelling "my husband, my husband" whenever Xander appeared on screen. It left an impression on them after finding out America had it's own "waifu and husbando culture" '

I felt indirectly embarrassed for her all throughout the demo, and now I'm feeling it again.

Hmm oh it does say content... that's disappointing. I mean 20 characters is good but 35 is better.

For the record I can do math but since he said Above 20% I said below 35 characters you didn't make any note of it but just to be clear there.
I-I really needed this~~
Time to stomp some faces!!!

User Info: Folt

Folt
2 months ago#10
Darkdragoon324 posted...
Folt posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...

They could just introduce the character switching mechanic by having an equal number of enemy weapon types and having us switch between twins.

And how many enemy weapon types should there be in the tutorial? If the poor sod hasn't tried a Musou in his life and is still trying to figure out the controls, you don't want to overwhelm the guy.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. New interview with the developers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived