Lyn got more hype than any other character revealed so far

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. Lyn got more hype than any other character revealed so far

User Info: Xeno_Cyclops

Xeno_Cyclops
1 month ago#1
Really shows the devs had their priorities straight by focusing on Awakening and Fates instead of the fan favorite classic games.

Nice job on continuously being oblivious Nintendo/KT (whichever one decided it was a good idea)
R.I.P. Scalebound
Not changing this sig until Capcom brings back Rival Schools or Darkstalkers. Started 4/29/15

User Info: Riku_Lucifen

Riku_Lucifen
1 month ago#2
I think it's rather fair to say that a large proportion of the hype was because it was so out of the blue. Especially with the initial "mostly SD, Awakening and Fates" comment.
Not that she isn't insanely popular with the older members of the fanbase, but I see the surprise contributing a lot.
Ryan I FC: 3050-8705-7430 I TSV (X):1513 / TSV (AS):1975

User Info: ReeseBalaski

ReeseBalaski
1 month ago#3
Some of it is attributed to her popularity yes, but most of it is due to the general surprise.

They said SD, Awakening, and Fates, so everyone immediately thought they had the roster figured out and there would be nothing surprising about the reveal.

In fact, if they had said that they would include bonus characters from the other games, Lyn wouldn't be a surprise at all, because she's so damn popular.

The SD, Awakening, and Fates focus was on everyone's minds, therefore Lyn was a major surprise, therefore more hype generated.
Fire Emblem Fan, Marth Lover, Shadow Dragon Enthusiast. Corrin Did Nothing Wrong!

User Info: Misha-Heart

Misha-Heart
1 month ago#4
They knew people would heel-turn once they added a character that actually mattered.
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Moon is a psychotic lesbian that would do anything for her Lillie.

User Info: OblivionWing48

OblivionWing48
1 month ago#5
This is also funny considering that all the diehard Awakening/Fates fanboys damage controlling/caping for KT on comments and threads always claimed something "Awakening and Fates sold way better! Not enough people played the older games!" in response to people ridiculing the roster and wishing for other, more popular characters.

Imagine actually thinking the Tellius games not selling well is a good reason to put Cordelia and Federick in over Ike. In this case, the people who were caping for KT and IS on this were just as cancerous if not more than the people crying over the roster.
Nice | NNID: 48john | FC: 1349-8241-0666 | IGN: John| PSN: John48X

User Info: Zinie95

Zinie95
1 month ago#6
Dragonage's salty tears are always delicious.

User Info: LittleRoyal

LittleRoyal
1 month ago#7
That's because she was the shocking reveal
I-I really needed this~~
Time to stomp some faces!!!

User Info: GameGearFear

GameGearFear
1 month ago#8
Misha-Heart posted...
They knew people would heel-turn once they added a character that actually mattered.

You mean mattered to the minority of people complaining right? Cause it's really not that many people.
If you believe in magic and I hope you don't, you always have somebody that will and won't :D.

User Info: EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr
1 month ago#9
If that was truly their intention, then the fanbase got played. Lyn is so hype, she may be just the catalyst for me to buy this game (I'd have to get a Switch first).

User Info: ReeseBalaski

ReeseBalaski
1 month ago#10
Misha-Heart posted...

Are you ever not bitter?
Fire Emblem Fan, Marth Lover, Shadow Dragon Enthusiast. Corrin Did Nothing Wrong!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. Lyn got more hype than any other character revealed so far

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived