GameXplains Review

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. GameXplains Review

User Info: Syrek19

Syrek19
1 month ago#1
As I suspected, the reviewer thought that Hyrule Warriors was a better game overall, but still enjoyed Fire Emblem Warriors. After watching it, I can't help but disagree with his opinion. I've played through Hyrule Warriors to utter completion, 100% the game after over 300+ hours, and I've also played over 100+ hours in Hyrule Warriors Legends. I loved both of those games. However, after extensively seeing how Fire Emblem Warriors plays compared to it, how adventure mode and history mode differ, and finding other differences in the gameplay, I do not see how Derrick from GameXplain could possibly think that HW is a better game.

Mechanically and gameplay wise, FEW is a much superior title. There aren't any annoying big bosses that take forever to kill, the games adventure mode, history mode, has trimmed the fat for a better, more leaner experience that's is mkre enjoyable overall. The characters all feel really fun to play and there's no stinkers in the roster compared to HW which had multiple characters who were just a pain to use or get use to. And that's not even taking into account the games soundtrack doesn't have any duds or tracks that don't sound right, unlike some tracks in HW that just didn't do anything for me.

Ultimately, I think Derrick let his bias seep into the review over the character roster and other minor grips, and he's forgotten how different and bogged down HW was compared to FEW. Even veterans of the Dynasty Warriors series has said that FEW is a more enjoyable experience, and I trust their word over someone who hasn't really touched the series too much.

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 month ago#2
I have no opinion yet as I haven't played it, but I've listened to the games soundtrack many times, and he said he didn't care for it (the music), and that's just blasphemous, the music is f***ing amazing.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: judgementaeon

judgementaeon
1 month ago#3
Hayas***akara posted...
I have no opinion yet as I haven't played it, but I've listened to the games soundtrack many times, and he said he didn't care for it (the music), and that's just blasphemous, the music is f***ing amazing.

I can kind of see why, honestly. The Road Taken remix is awful, Duty just feels forgettable, and Winds Across the Plains and Twilight of the Gods' remixes just feel plain underwhelming.

Even the medleys are underwhelming to me.

That's not to say the soundtrack overall is awful. Shadow Dragon (or what little it even got) is great, as is A Dark Fall and Justice RIP. It's just really hit and miss.
The impossible is possible! All you gotta do is make it so!

Syrek19
1 month ago#4
Hayas***akara posted...

I know right!? Like, I enjoyed what I listened to in HW, and there was some real amazing tracks contained within. However, the soundtrack in FEW is on a whole other level of quality. The remixes are fantastic, the original tracks feel like a solid combination between Dynasty Warriors and Fire Emblem, and like I said above, there's no songs in here I don't like compared to HW, which had a few I couldn't care less about and didn't even resemble their original track when it came to remixes. I feel like there's a lot more love put into the soundtrack and Derrick is kinda deaf to not care for the music.

User Info: Pyrodeyx_293

Pyrodeyx_293
1 month ago#5
I think Derrick is one of the few people that says HW is better than FEW.
Most reviews that I've read/watch/heard say that FEW is better than HW. That's fine since it's his opinion at least he gave some positive points about it.

The story, well, it's a crossover game. Stories like that are always underwhelming.

The music, yeah I can see where they're coming from when they said that. It's a hit or miss but you never know. It might bring in the mood once you've started playing it.

I'm just happy that he's not with Nintendann complaining about the same old things like the characters all the time.
"You should be grateful!"
-Munehisa Iwai- (Persona 5)

Syrek19
1 month ago#6
GameXplain's review seemed to miss the point that I and many others have come to the conclusion of. Mechanically and gameplay wise, this game triumphs over Hyrule Warriors and it integrates the FE formula into a Dynasty Warriors game far better imo.

If you're looking for a review that sees the potentinal of this game, like I do, and knows what they're talking about, look no further. I truly feel this review points out the flaws, but then acknowledges the strengths of the game, which I feel overcome any grips about the representation of the roster. Hopefully this review can sway you into purchasing the game, or at least put down any fears you may have.

https://youtu.be/xjHM3S_piBU

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
1 month ago#7
Honestly yeah it seems their thoughts on the roster seem to supersede everything else. Gameplay wise this game from everything I have seen is nothing but a step up from HW so Im not sure how they can say HW is better in that way.
Felicia and Jedah for MvC:I.
Looking to play Scarecrow, Blue Beetle and Atrocitus in Injustice 2

User Info: Sakurafanboy

Sakurafanboy
1 month ago#8
So is Derrick not allowed an opinion unless it agrees with yours or something? He pointed out legitimate issues with the game and preferred Hyrule Warriors. Let him have his opinion. You're obviously free to disagree with him but seems you're taking it to the next step. Acting like his opinion isn't valid or warranted. That's just asinine.
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Shaymin of the Pokemon Ultra Sun Board!)

Syrek19
1 month ago#9
TTNH03 posted...
I think Derrick is one of the few people that says HW is better than FEW.
Most reviews that I've read/watch/heard say that FEW is better than HW. That's fine since it's his opinion at least he gave some positive points about it.

The story, well, it's a crossover game. Stories like that are always underwhelming.

The music, yeah I can see where they're coming from when they said that. It's a hit or miss but you never know. It might bring in the mood once you've started playing it.

I'm just happy that he's not with Nintendann complaining about the same old things like the characters all the time.

True. I'd much rather have him review it than the overly critical and jaded Nintendann, who is way too focused on the roster to realize the improvements this game makes, not only from a gameplay standpoint, but from a performance and graphical standpoint as well. To ignore such improvements while harping on the roster for so long shows unprofessionalism and how a bias over an aspect in the game can infleunce someone's opinion in a negative fashion.

User Info: judgementaeon

judgementaeon
1 month ago#10
Sakurafanboy posted...
So is Derrick not allowed an opinion unless it agrees with yours or something? He pointed out legitimate issues with the game and preferred Hyrule Warriors. Let him have his opinion. You're obviously free to disagree with him but seems you're taking it to the next step. Acting like his opinion isn't valid or warranted. That's just asinine.

I have to agree here.
The impossible is possible! All you gotta do is make it so!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. GameXplains Review

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived