Anyone not surprised Echoes received a lower metacritic than Awakening/Fates?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Anyone not surprised Echoes received a lower metacritic than Awakening/Fates?

User Info: Gamegeek123

Gamegeek123
6 months ago#1
Maybe if they fixed the gameplay it would've scored higher ^^
Final Fantasy IX is the biggest garbage game ever created.

User Info: MatoiFalconWing

MatoiFalconWing
6 months ago#2
Most likely but oh well didn't expect it to be high regardless.
3DS FC: 0259-0287-8896
I have claimed Selkie and Ophelia from Fire Emblem Fates as my official Fates waifu's w/Azura, Caeldori and Sakura apart of my harem.

User Info: karmaepsilon

karmaepsilon
6 months ago#3
Mechanically so much of it is radically different than any other Fire Emblem. I wouldn't say the gameplay is bad/broken (which is the implication of it needing to be "fixed") it's just really different.
Also no waifu-simulator probably lost it a few points with people
FE Fates Castle Address: 03832-48902 82020-67180 Hoshido Kid focus when Hoshido is up and when Nohr is up focus is on royals
3DS Friend Code: 4725-9198-8412

User Info: TheTruGammer

TheTruGammer
6 months ago#4
Critic reviews are hardly ever indicative of the quality of a game. Gentle reminder that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky got a 54 on Metacritic yet is one of the best DS, and Pokemon, games I've ever played.
Not changing this until Isaac gets in Smash.
11/1/15

User Info: Airship_Canon

Airship_Canon
6 months ago#5
Again: Critic reviews have no meaning. They're directly proportional to the amount of money paid to the reviewers.

User reviews are all that matter.

And using Metacritic or VGChartz is a high sin that deserves a paddlin'.
In war; there aint no giving in- The trick is to win
The allied force; an army without sin

User Info: Preston--Garvey

Preston--Garvey
6 months ago#6
Airship_Canon posted...
Again: Critic reviews have no meaning. They're directly proportional to the amount of money paid to the reviewers.

User reviews don't matter either.

It's either exteme fanboys giving it a 10/10 with little detail given or exteme haters giving it a 0/10 with little detail.

At least critics actually put effort into their reviews.

"10/10 bestest game evar"

"0/10 it was boring"
General. Another settlement needs your help. I'll mark it on your map.

User Info: Lazy_Haar

Lazy_Haar
6 months ago#7
I'm not really that surprised, especially not after learning that this was going to be a mostly faithful remake. Gaiden has always been my least favorite Fire Emblem, and I assume a lot of other players would agree if they'd played it.
Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.
XBL: ElusiveCoffee - PSN: LoneGoose - Fire Emblem Heroes: 9447225331 (message me if you add me, thanks!)

User Info: Mavitar

Mavitar
6 months ago#8
Preston--Garvey posted...
Airship_Canon posted...

User reviews don't matter either.

It's either exteme fanboys giving it a 10/10 with little detail given or exteme haters giving it a 0/10 with little detail.

At least critics actually put effort into their reviews.

"10/10 bestest game evar"

"0/10 it was boring"

So basically, reviews don't mean s*** and people should form their own opinions by actually playing games? That sounds like heresy.

User Info: Preston--Garvey

Preston--Garvey
6 months ago#9
Lazy_Haar posted...
I'm not really that surprised, especially not after learning that this was going to be a mostly faithful remake. Gaiden has always been my least favorite Fire Emblem, and I assume a lot of other players would agree if they'd played it.

This.

Gaiden wasn't very good. I'm surpised that this game has mostly positive reviews.
General. Another settlement needs your help. I'll mark it on your map.

User Info: CaptainBang

CaptainBang
6 months ago#10
Critics rated Birthright and Conquest almost exactly the same. They don't get good level and game design, lmao.

The fact Gaiden got relatively good reviews doesn't surprise me.
Conquest is actually good, there is a god.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. Anyone not surprised Echoes received a lower metacritic than Awakening/Fates?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived