What is up with the accuracy of this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. What is up with the accuracy of this game?

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
6 months ago#1
It makes no damn sense.

Im constantly missing at 70 Hit rate more times than it hit, I've even just double missed at 92 hit rate. It would be one thing if it was just a few times due to RNG, but this terrible miss rate is constant.
LOL @ U

User Info: dli17

dli17
6 months ago#2
You're probably just spoiled because this game doesn't pad out the numbers like the other Fire Emblems do.

The older games used to use 2 RNs and average them so that your hit rates were much higher than they actually were. Fates used a different system that was still weighted in your favor.

I don't know if we know what this system is yet, but it's just the most accurate for the probability instead of cheating in your favor.
Currently playing:
Fire Emblem: Fates, Final Fantasy Record Keeper

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
6 months ago#3
Ask Pokémon players how they feel about relying on 70% accuracy attacks.

Anything short of 100% has a chance to fail. ANYTHING.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Anazel

Anazel
6 months ago#4
At least crits don't miss in this game.

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
6 months ago#5
You're probably just spoiled because this game doesn't pad out the numbers like the other Fire Emblems do.

Right, noticing that an 80% accuracy attack misses 4 times out of 10 is being spoiled.

Confirmation bias? Not really. It seems to happen with the enemies too.

Even in the more difficult FE games, you could count on a 80% attack hitting more often than not.
Izuku Midoriya is my spirit animal.
When it comes to balance, Vanguard is Melee and Yu-Gi-Oh is Brawl.

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
6 months ago#6
This is just not fun and drags out battles longer than they should be, wasting my time. Dont even get me started on the terrible level up growth rate where characters barely gain any Skill stat outside of Mercenaries.
LOL @ U

User Info: dli17

dli17
6 months ago#7
SegavsCapcom posted...

Right, noticing that an 80% accuracy attack misses 4 times out of 10 is being spoiled.

Even in the more difficult FE games, you could count on a 80% attack hitting more often than not.

I literally just told you that was because the older games cheat on your behalf. Yes, you are spoiled because you're used to the game fudging the numbers to help you hit. We all are. This is closer to reality and you are indeed suffering from confirmation bias.
Currently playing:
Fire Emblem: Fates, Final Fantasy Record Keeper

User Info: DunnoBro

DunnoBro
6 months ago#8
I like it, with how recent FEs were, it really makes the skill and luck stats actually important
3DS FC: 3308 4781 6052 (Pokemon Y Ingame name is Isaac)
(message deleted)

User Info: Sword_of_Dusk

Sword_of_Dusk
6 months ago#10
Skozi posted...
dli17 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

I literally just told you that was because the older games cheat on your behalf. Yes, you are spoiled because you're used to the game fudging the numbers to help you hit. We all are. This is closer to reality and you are indeed suffering from confirmation bias.

Lol, that's not being spoiled. I don't think you know how probability works, mate. Go back to high school.

The reason he says we're spoiled is because 80% in previous FEs wasn't actually 80%, but higher thanks to the 2 RNs used to calculate hit rate.
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. What is up with the accuracy of this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived