What is your most disliked gameplay mechanic?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. What is your most disliked gameplay mechanic?

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
4 months ago#1
Or lack of mechanic? - Results (170 votes)
Fatigue (Tharcia 776)
6.47% (11 votes)
Weapon Durability (FE 1-12)
14.71% (25 votes)
Same turn reinforcements (FE 1-6/12)
42.35% (72 votes)
Hax enemy skills (Awakening)
7.06% (12 votes)
Inflated stats = Difficulty (Awakening)
9.41% (16 votes)
Unskippable enemy phase (Radiant Dawn)
2.94% (5 votes)
Cantors (Gaiden / SoV)
14.12% (24 votes)
Add Your Own/ Something I Missed
2.94% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Obviously most of them are in multiple games, tried to put the game where I thought it affected you the most off the top of my head.

While supports and kids do affect the game, they're purposely left off because I'm certain it'd become about that and there have been enough discussions about it.

I also think it's fair to retroactively say you dislike something...I know there are people who say they can't play with weapon durability after the newer games and that's a fair opinion even if I don't personally agree with it.

I'm aware #6 is a stretch but I'm replaying it right now and half my gametime is doing something else during enemy phase.

Awakening was terribly balanced on higher difficulties, also Luna+ / Hawkeye are way more BS than inevitable end / point blank
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs

User Info: sirus0000

sirus0000
4 months ago#2
Probably cantor out of the list with how they can slow down a map with the challenge of the map not changing much so they really only there to waste time.

User Info: Taiphlosion

Taiphlosion
4 months ago#3
Same turn reinforcements.
I don't mind unskippable enemy phase if they go by relatively fast (i.e FE6~8 and 11~15)
Can't stand how slow they are in FE9 and 10, though, and FE10 being full of allied units is even worse, because unlike enemy phase, there's absolutely no tension in there and their outcomes don't really matter, so it's just a big waste of time. The slowness they cause is basically the main (but not only) reason FE10 is my least favorite fire emblem game.
Radiant Dawn is the worst Fire Emblem game. Wind Waker is the worst Zelda game and a terrible game in general.
Shadow Dragon is a top 3 Fire Emblem.

User Info: SteelWingKnight

SteelWingKnight
4 months ago#4

You can't respond and react to them, until you know when and where they come from.
You can't strategize around them until you've already failed due to them, unless you succeed by chance.

Sure, Awakening tells you they're coming, but you don't know when exactly and from where.
And they're often fliers that arrive in a way that they can fly across half the map and hit your units from behind.
FloraxSteel: http://the-secret-shop.tumblr.com/image/144376869209 #1 Fan of Flora <3 - Palla best girl SoV - My art/edits: https://steelwingknight.tumblr.com

User Info: IVicViperI

IVicViperI
4 months ago#5
Surprised Biorhythm isn't on there... I personally like it, but most people hate it.

Definitely the Inflated Stats from Awakening, the early game requires ridiculous heaps of RNG luck and powerlevelling.

The enemy skills too, WHO THE f*** THOUGHT GIVING ENEMIES CRITICAL CHANCES FROM THE VERY PROLOGUE WAS A GOOD IDEA ? AND THEY GOTTA ADD GAMBLE TOO TO SOME OF THEM ?! Not even talking about Lunatic+, just plain Lunatic is f***ing stupid with it, it's already a crapshoot with their inflated stats, but giving enemies +10 Crit chance or +10 Avoid on top of it, is the worst.

Honourable version to Radiant Dawn's unskippable enemy phases cause f***. Even though it's my favourite.

SteelWingKnight posted...

This too.
Sure, Awakening tells you they're coming, but you don't know when exactly and from where.

You can't tell their stats either.

User Info: BadDecisions

BadDecisions
4 months ago#6
Weapon durability is s***,
but so is making babies.
There is one perfect FE game,
and it is this one.

User Info: TheSpartan45

TheSpartan45
4 months ago#7
BadDecisions posted...
Weapon durability is s***,
but so is making babies.
There is one perfect FE game,
and it is this one.

Good joke
Mae is bae.
"Your incompetence is scary."

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
4 months ago#8
Same turn reinforcements, easily.

It makes no sense to begin with, why does the enemy have the ability to move squares right after reaching their destination? One would think that they already consumed their movement while moving into the map.
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: Wolfie_Claws

Wolfie_Claws
4 months ago#9
Grinding for >1% drops in the 9th floor of the post-game dungeon.

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
4 months ago#10
I didn't think about biorhythm, even playing PoR right this second. It's kind of annoying, especially in RD, but idk that it'd have gotten many votes.

Also purposely didn't include pair up and am pleasantly surprised it hasn't been brought up yet. Hopefully that didn't jinx it

Special shout out to that awakening tree level (19?) Where same turn fliers spawn on all sides. FE6 sacae is pretty bad, but at least they don't funnel you like the tree map.
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  3. What is your most disliked gameplay mechanic?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived