Should there be a petition to remove Boons and Banes?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Should there be a petition to remove Boons and Banes?

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#1
-ATK seems far too common and makes every attack unit virtually useless. We should band together and get this removed, as Nintendo seems to take inputs from the players quite seriously in this game.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
FC: 0619-5012-7866 ; DeviantArt: http://htakara82.deviantart.com/

User Info: Safer_777

Safer_777
1 week ago#2
I like this. Or at least an item to do it.
Why do we exist? What happens when we stop existing? What is Life?

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
1 week ago#3
No need. Adds more variety, and on Nintendo's part forces more money to be spent. Won't be changed, won't be an item to change it either. Particularly since IVs aren't mentioned in the game itself at all.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: magiccube4527

magiccube4527
1 week ago#4
Nidtendofreak posted...
No need. Adds more variety, and on Nintendo's part forces more money to be spent. Won't be changed, won't be an item to change it either. Particularly since IVs aren't mentioned in the game itself at all.

Says the people who don't have a bench full of -Spd or -Atk sweeper units.
3DS FC: 0817 - 4343 - 4167
New Leaf Dream Code: 5300-2211-1277

User Info: marthsheretoo

marthsheretoo
1 week ago#5
Boons and banes are not supposed to be known about by the player. They are a method of giving characters some stat variance without letting players become blessed with godly levelups or screwed by horrible ones.

The alternative to the boon/bane system is rng stat growths like in the main games and NOBODY wants that. So quit b****ing about a relatively tame system.
"Even MarthKoopa has jumped on the MarthKoopa hate wagon."
-DevsBro

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
1 week ago#6
magiccube4527 posted...
Nidtendofreak posted...

Says the people who don't have a bench full of -Spd or -Atk sweeper units.

Nope, over half of my 4*s have one of those two.

RNG is part of the FE experience. That's how they decided to keep it in the game. It will never leave.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: ChingTheMonkey

ChingTheMonkey
1 week ago#7
Nah, I like the idea of boons and banes.
"I am the wind. And the wind... you can't kill." - Mifune (WotS 2)
The Official Flash of the Gamefaqs Justice League

User Info: CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer
1 week ago#8
How about no?
FE Heroes ID: 7166381867. 5 Star Hero Count: 71. Wishlist: Minerva 5*
FE Heroes Nick: CeruleanDood. Owner of 40+10 Seliph: https://i.imgur.com/o4EjQv5.png

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#9
marthsheretoo posted...
Boons and banes are not supposed to be known about by the player. They are a method of giving characters some stat variance without letting players become blessed with godly levelups or screwed by horrible ones.

The alternative to the boon/bane system is rng stat growths like in the main games and NOBODY wants that. So quit b****ing about a relatively tame system.

or, just make everyone neutral, holy s*** what a novel concept!
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
FC: 0619-5012-7866 ; DeviantArt: http://htakara82.deviantart.com/

User Info: Yamata_Demon

Yamata_Demon
1 week ago#10
You guys honestly like the idea of a unit arbitrarily becoming useless or viable? I call bull.
http://i.imgur.com/jgYSN8l.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Should there be a petition to remove Boons and Banes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived