Should there be a way to change Boon and Bane?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Should there be a way to change Boon and Bane?

User Info: Rh4psody

Rh4psody
8 months ago#11
I haven't really paid attention to my units' boons/banes, but I understand how annoying it can be if you're trying to be competitive. The problem with it is I can foresee a time (provided the game continues to evolve) where different iv's will be deemed important as the meta shifts. Right now, speed is considered to be incredibly important, but there may come a time with powercreeped units where Resistance (you never know!) is considered most important. Being able to change your iv's as the meta changes stimulates adaption and counter play by the community, rather than blindly following after the cookie-cutter seasonal set up.

As to how that might be implemented, I initially thought Hero Merit would be a great currency for it, but it seems that they are being used for feathers.
"We do not measure a culture by its output of undisguised trivialities but by what it claims as significant." - Neil Postman

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
8 months ago#12
Won't ever happen. They don't even officially talk about IVs anywhere in regards to this game, no way they'll ever let you change it. Particularly since bad IVs is part of how they get whales to continue paying even if they've already gotten their favourite characters: gotta get them with the correct IVs as well.

Basically they would gain nothing for letting you change IVs, and would potentially lose money. More money than they could ever try to regain by letting you change IVs, even if you had to directly pay money to do so.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: Dawngarde

Dawngarde
8 months ago#13
Let them be changed at the cost of badges.

Feathers are surprisingly hard to come by since you only get them from the arena and the daily quest, and as a result, badges hardly see any use. I have hundreds and hundreds of them. So why not put them to use and allow you to change stats at a big cost? If there's any worry about this "ruining the game" or whatever, have it cost a lot, maybe have a second requirement. One huge badge cost to get to neutral boon and bane, then another huge badge cost to adjust it to your liking.
I'm just as fearless, I'm just as dangerous.
- 3DS FC: 0447 - 5910 - 1026 -

User Info: Atmaboy

Atmaboy
8 months ago#14
I think a nice way to balance it out would be some system like Pokemon's EVs where you could add a few points here and their to round out a unit.
"Because...justice?" - Arthur

User Info: sinxsader

sinxsader
8 months ago#15
I'm for being able to reroll to neutral
Sm4sh mains: Bayonetta, Lucas, Mewtwo, Shulk PSN: sinxsader27
It's clobberin time!!!

User Info: Supernat98

Supernat98
8 months ago#16
Spend 1 orb to randomly shuffle a unit's IVs.
"Hi there!" -Winston

User Info: usuratonkachi

usuratonkachi
8 months ago#17
Atmaboy posted...
I think a nice way to balance it out would be some system like Pokemon's EVs where you could add a few points here and their to round out a unit.

every character having access to it means the difference between a bad roll and a good roll is exactly the same as the difference b/w an ev trained bad roll and an ev trained good roll. the only differences would be slightly bigger numbers and more work for everyone.

User Info: Dawngarde

Dawngarde
8 months ago#18
Supernat98 posted...

This... might actually work.

They still make their money because you have to buy orbs, but all you're doing is resetting the stats. There's a bunch of luck involved. You might have bad luck and get a bad boon/bane, but have good luck on resetting it and then you get a good boon/bane. So basically... it allows you to keep gambling and they still get to earn money.
I'm just as fearless, I'm just as dangerous.
- 3DS FC: 0447 - 5910 - 1026 -

User Info: VoidmageProdigy

VoidmageProdigy
8 months ago#19
Dawngarde posted...
Supernat98 posted...

They still make their money because you have to buy orbs, but all you're doing is resetting the stats. There's a bunch of luck involved. You might have bad luck and get a bad boon/bane, but have good luck on resetting it and then you get a good boon/bane. So basically... it allows you to keep gambling and they still get to earn money.

Should be 5 orbs, that would be one summon. Reroll IVs at the cost of a potential summoned hero.

If IS even entertains the idea, because I don't think they will at all.

User Info: DNHD

DNHD
8 months ago#20
VoidmageProdigy posted...
Dawngarde posted...
Supernat98 posted...

Should be 5 orbs, that would be one summon. Reroll IVs at the cost of a potential summoned hero.

If IS even entertains the idea, because I don't think they will at all.

I would be 100% down for this. The out of the last 4 5* units I've pulled, 3 of them have had a -spd bane.
If you have to ask "Am I the only one who thinks/likes _____?" chances are you're probably not.
Also, irony and coincidence are not the same thing.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Should there be a way to change Boon and Bane?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived