Is it even possible to have an non-exploitable unit trade system?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Is it even possible to have an non-exploitable unit trade system?

User Info: Atmaboy

Atmaboy
8 months ago#1
I know it's unlikely to be implemented and certainly not any time soon. However, I think most players would kill for some sort of unit trading system. Whether it makes practical business sense, I wouldn't know, but the major deterrent is how easily cheesed a straight up trading system would be without a lot of limitations from fake accounts re-rolling. So what would be required to make it as full proof as possible? Let's see:

- Limit trading only between units of the same rank.
- A feather or orb requirement to trade. Amount depending on rank/level.
- Must have completed story mode on normal difficulty. Maybe with ranks unlocked depending on difficulty (i.e. Hard mode completed to trade 4*, Lunatic for 5*)

other ideas:
skill point cost?
Account must have been created longer than 2 weeks, a month etc,

thoughts?
"Because...justice?" - Arthur

User Info: 17Master

17Master
8 months ago#2
It would never be beneficial from a business point of view, as such will never happen.

Your ideas are an okay start, but that is not a lot of work to slow down would be exploits. There would need to be a limit on how many trades an account can have, like one trade every 90 days or so. Then maybe an Orb cost, probably relative to the rarity of the character. Lastly, the character is sent at whatever its initial form was. So no getting merged units with a truckton of inherited skills.

All I got.
It's like if a kitten suplexed you, you wouldn't even consider your self defense options because you'd still be processing how insane it is... ~manmouse

User Info: navi854

navi854
8 months ago#3
Arena Tier since that goes up weekly if you can score
I will now demonstrate inserting a carnivorous earwig into my brain.
FC: 4055-4948-4900

User Info: Atmaboy

Atmaboy
8 months ago#4
17Master posted...
It would never be beneficial from a business point of view, as such will never happen.

Your ideas are an okay start, but that is not a lot of work to slow down would be exploits. There would need to be a limit on how many trades an account can have, like one trade every 90 days or so. Then maybe an Orb cost, probably relative to the rarity of the character. Lastly, the character is sent at whatever its initial form was. So no getting merged units with a truckton of inherited skills.

All I got.

The only problem is that the game as it is now, is impossible to enjoy if your a completionist and F2P. If you blow a ton of orbs on a banner and get nothing of interest to you, you might be frustrated that all that saving went down the drain. Players are less likely to quit the game if there are other avenues of getting a character they really want. In which case trading would help retain players to some degree. But then players who are willing to spend money to chase a character would have any easy out, which is probably more of a loss for Nintendo.

One other angle would be to charge real money to complete a trade (say $5 for 5*). It would be reviled at first, but I could see a lot of people cracking and doing it when patience runs out. At that point it becomes pay to win entirely though.
"Because...justice?" - Arthur

User Info: Xuxon

Xuxon
8 months ago#5
Atmaboy posted...
Is it even possible to have an non-exploitable unit trade system?

no, literally any possible trade system will be exploited
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkdr0uNc91qlu5jao1_r1_400.gif

User Info: DullahansXMark

DullahansXMark
8 months ago#6
100 hour active (i.e. in actual gameplay, with each fight racking up at most 5 minutes just to avoid people leaving their phones on and AFKing) playtime. I did the math, and if someone actually stuck that out they'd be getting an essentially mere 2 orbs an hour for their effort (there's less than 200 free orbs across all the stuff, not counting quests, but then, "active" playtime doesn't count being in menus, so it evens out). That's like, $1.30 an hour. If you got a job where you made $10 an hour you could make that same amount of orbs about 9x faster and a lot of jobs pay more than that.

Let's just put it like this, anyone who would actually stick that out is the cheapest motherf***er on the planet and would never pay a single dime for orbs anyway. They'd rather waste dozens upon dozens of hours of their life rather than spend about an 8-hour day's worth of money. That's the kind of stupid you can't fix or exploit. Just saying.
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403 | Pokemon IGN: Daniel | Wii U: SilentZeroX
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUpprLrFvNWXw6PdJMdCt2g |

User Info: omarssikins

omarssikins
8 months ago#7
It will piss F2per's off maybe but people who spend at least 5$ in the game can trade. Accounts will be locked to same credit card/paypal/google play accounts.

Therefore, if you want to trade a min. spending requirement that isn't draconian and credit cards/accounts can't be linked to more than one account. A credit card wont be able to have more than one account be able to trade. Sub accounts can be created but a limit of 3 for people who have children that play but they can't trade with each other.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/omarssikins
Luscious Mami Tomoe, what a Mami. Fiora is mine. Eva-unit 00, Rei at your service. Yuno is delicious, fish is not.

User Info: Danktrees

Danktrees
8 months ago#8
one simple way is to make trades cost money for both parties. how much can be debated but as soon as you make it cost money it'll be less likely for people to exploit it.

or make it cost a lot more kinda like sp required for inherited skills. i.e. if you want to trade for a 5 star hero you have to give up 3 of your own and the rating on the 3 heroes must each be higher than the rating on the one you're trading for (or maybe the 3 combined have to have 3x the bst as the one you're trading for). in this case the game would act as escrow. both sides would have to give up 3 heroes for the one they want. then the game takes them, transfers the 1 desired hero to either account while deleting the other 4. this would curb spam accounts from trading since they would need at least 3 5* heroes for 1 transfer.

User Info: CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer
8 months ago#9
The trading system will be exploited. Theres already players selling rerolled accounts with 4 5* heroes of every color ready for a fresh player.
FE Heroes ID: 7166381867. 5* Hero Count: 73. Wishlist: +SPD/-RES Lucina
FE Heroes Nick: CeruleanDood. Owner of 40+10 Seliph: https://i.imgur.com/o4EjQv5.png

User Info: Excenmile

Excenmile
8 months ago#10
reroll for your favorite waifu/husbando. After that don't expect Nintendo to satisfy your polygamy needs for free.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Is it even possible to have an non-exploitable unit trade system?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived