Blazing Blade is so. boring. (SPOILERS)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Blazing Blade is so. boring. (SPOILERS)

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
9 months ago#21
Atmaboy posted...
AntiAir posted...
Eh, Blazing does have its flaws and I do like Binding/Sacred Stones more, but apart from Lyn mode being boring(thank goodness for those saves that just allow you to play Eliwood/Hector instantly), I think it's fine. Fun enough for me, at least.

Mudkip_in_Space posted...
Lucius, Raven, and Priscilla are pretty great though, ngl. That's why I like having them in Heroes.

And at least we can agree on something, TC.

I don't remember much about her other than troubadour >> Cleric

She's Lachesis + Nanna but with red hair basically.
Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 is a masterpiece.
Some might call me an "SJW," but I myself like the term. I own it. LGBT strong.

User Info: Sarioc

Sarioc
9 months ago#22
I guess every character can't be stellar but imo Wil, Rebecca, Guy, and Dart were all pretty cool. The cavaliers I can agree with.
One thing I've learned during my time on the internet is that a good chunk of every fanbase is terrible.
Waiting for Xenoblade 2, BotW, and a bunch of FE games

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
9 months ago#23
I cannot be objective where The Blazing Sword is concerned. Still my favorite game in the series. Yes, it has flaws. Yes, they are well-documented. But I do not care. Still love the characters, more than for any other Fire Emblem title.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

Mudkip_in_Space
9 months ago#24
I_Abibde posted...
I cannot be objective where The Blazing Sword is concerned. Still my favorite game in the series. Yes, it has flaws. Yes, they are well-documented. But I do not care. Still love the characters, more than for any other Fire Emblem title.

It's totally fine for you to like it, but I feel that this is a common issue in the fandom. A lot of people started with it, and thus they can't be objective. I started with Awakening and went back and played every other game, but I still have a soft spot for awakening.

User Info: SkyWolf78

SkyWolf78
9 months ago#25
I_Abibde posted...

It's totally fine for you to like it, but I feel that this is a common issue in the fandom. A lot of people started with it, and thus they can't be objective. I started with Awakening and went back and played every other game, but I still have a soft spot for awakening.

I'm sort of the opposite. I started with Awakening but I feel that Blazing Sword beats the crap out of it. It has its flaws but that can be said for anything really.

User Info: ChingTheMonkey

ChingTheMonkey
9 months ago#26
I_Abibde posted...

A topic like which games we like can never be objective, so I don't see the point of this topic.
"I am the wind. And the wind... you can't kill." - http://imgur.com/a/18ySl
The Official Flash of the Gamefaqs Justice League

User Info: legendarylemur

legendarylemur
9 months ago#27
I'd like to hear what FEs TC actually liked. Blazing Blade is great, even with flaws. The problem with gamers in general is that they think the flaws make the entire game.

Lyn mode wasn't as bad as anybody said, especially when back in the days, it was literally the first FE to have ever come out here, so having a long tutorial to get this new series started was honestly really obvious, and nobody complained back then, only really the new players who have already played an FE game before. They were also just not bad because of how likable Lyn was (she's not a big part of the story after her mode, and there was an obvious reason why she topped the popularity chart) and how varied and interesting the Lyn mode cast was. Pretty much everybody remembers the likes of Sain or Florina or Wallace just from this mode alone.

Now you wanna play a truly flawed game, it's Awakening. It's just not a good FE title at all. Overly big and lazy map design, horribly balanced classes, horribly balanced characters, too many throwaway characters
"Iwata was awesome" - Mr. Nintendo
dinglebutt

Mudkip_in_Space
9 months ago#28
legendarylemur posted...
I'd like to hear what FEs TC actually liked. Blazing Blade is great, even with flaws. The problem with gamers in general is that they think the flaws make the entire game.

Lyn mode wasn't as bad as anybody said, especially when back in the days, it was literally the first FE to have ever come out here, so having a long tutorial to get this new series started was honestly really obvious, and nobody complained back then, only really the new players who have already played an FE game before. They were also just not bad because of how likable Lyn was (she's not a big part of the story after her mode, and there was an obvious reason why she topped the popularity chart) and how varied and interesting the Lyn mode cast was. Pretty much everybody remembers the likes of Sain or Florina or Wallace just from this mode alone.

Now you wanna play a truly flawed game, it's Awakening. It's just not a good FE title at all. Overly big and lazy map design, horribly balanced classes, horribly balanced characters, too many throwaway characters

I enjoy FE3, FE4, FE5, FE6, FE11, FE13, and FE14.

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
9 months ago#29
Lyn mode is much better on Hard. Playing though it once on Normal isn't an issue for me.

Nino can get enough experience on the Gaiden map right after you get her to class up and maybe hit 22. And that's without using only her. Once she's 25+, she's good enough to be in the main party.

I can't think of a FE that has over half the playable cast likable. But that's not a bad thing; You can only use 11-16 units as your 'main' party, and no character isn't loved by someone. I sincerely dislike Serra. And then they gave me Priscilla. And yet my roommate loves Serra and overleveled her because he wanted to see Serra attack.

I actually liked Awakening, mostly for the way it was written. It has this amazing tongue-in-cheek way of doing things. But I find the gameplay itself boring to the point I stopped getting kids. I then decided to restart and do Chrom/Robin 'solo' and it was surprisingly more fun.

My only real issue with Blazing sword is the same issue some older games had; Lord classes up way too late. Mind, FE6 is the poster child for that...

User Info: GenisB

GenisB
9 months ago#30
topic says you're a newbie.
http://imgur.com/a/FS2T0
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Blazing Blade is so. boring. (SPOILERS)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived