Goodbye, Arena Quest Orb.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Goodbye, Arena Quest Orb.

User Info: FirepireE

FirepireE
8 months ago#31
I'm probably a minority here but even with the daily orbs gone I'm not going to complain. Assuming we're not getting new daily orb quests after the maintenence and are dropping down to 30-31 orbs per month is quite fine. Note that that number is a minimum, with the special events IS drops the number is probably closer to 50.

The extremely slow rate that new characters are introduced including how few of them I actually feel like spending orbs for ensures that I continuesly are amassing more than I spend. I'm sitting at 444 right now as F2P.
3DS FC: 4639-8985-9516
FE Heroes current team: Karel 5*, Ursula 5*, Michalis 4*, Subaki 4*

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
8 months ago#32
I can't even do one last shot at the spring banner and be disappointed at not getting the characters but repeats again before it is taken off.
Whether some here like to admit it here or not once you take away a person's ability to use the main draw of a gacha game without pumping lots of money into it they aren't exactly going to be happy about it. We had gone from having a possible three to four orbs a day to one then to nothing until whatever next thing the new update brings.

The gameplay here isn't exactly revolutionary and the fun of having a bunch of cool characters to choose from goes away real fast when you stop being able to get them at all and have to go like a month to get enough to get enough to do one summoning from banners which last a couple weeks at most. Barring special events. The banners not keeping 5* chances shared also hurts as a f2p player of the game as when you put orbs into a banner and get nothing but a bit higher chance of a 5* it feels like complete s*** to have that banner go away and the next one be back at base, basically telling you your orbs you had to save to put in meant nothing and gained you nothing
Ryuho, Tales of Xillia 2. All the fun of being in massive debt
Forever in my heart. 3DS FC 4124-5059-4625. Ryoko in Y, Ryuho in X

User Info: SkyWolf78

SkyWolf78
8 months ago#33
legendarylemur posted...
Yeah like the last few months where people literally said the same thing, and every 2 weeks the subreddit loses a few thousand regular members

Except things did keep changing. We got the daily orbs (that got extended), the other daily orbs from a different event, the Arena Quests, the various other quests that gave orbs like the Lunatic Quests/Training Tower Quests, free orbs from several quizzes posted by the official twitter, free orbs for reaching milestones in the voting gauntlet etc.

User Info: Atmaboy

Atmaboy
8 months ago#34
They really do need to have a permanent set of daily quests just to keep us orb fiends satiated. Then any other topical quests like Banner or event quests with extra orbs can sweeten the pot.
"Because...justice?" - Arthur

User Info: Atmaboy

Atmaboy
8 months ago#35
SkyWolf78 posted...
legendarylemur posted...
Yeah like the last few months where people literally said the same thing, and every 2 weeks the subreddit loses a few thousand regular members

Except things did keep changing. We got the daily orbs (that got extended), the other daily orbs from a different event, the Arena Quests, the various other quests that gave orbs like the Lunatic Quests/Training Tower Quests, free orbs from several quizzes posted by the official twitter, free orbs for reaching milestones in the voting gauntlet etc.

Yes there was a time when the orbs were flowing like milk and honey, but when that stops, the casual F2P fan will probably bounce unless another system is in place that keeps them satisfied. One daily orb is the bare minimum, I'd think. Then along with event quests, story chapters and other give aways they can keep a hold on most of the F2P. Personally I'd like an arena or gauntlet that just rewards orbs.
"Because...justice?" - Arthur

User Info: VoidmageProdigy

VoidmageProdigy
8 months ago#36
I don't get it, it's a free app. You're playing something for free. There's option to buy in, but it's free, no strings attached.

I don't think this app was meant to be a full fledged game to occupy hours of your time like other traditional games, but I am probably wrong (I don't play many gachas). I understand there are other F2P games that are much more involved and have much more content than FE:H, like LoL or PoE, but it's a phone/ipad app. Either everyone's expectations are really high or mine are super low.

Plus the game has been out for 2 months. It's way too early to judge or compare this gacha to already existing gachas that have been out for a while (or at least in this case, FFBE).

The daily arena quests seemed rushed, tbh. It was an oddly fleshed out reward system but they probably wanted to code something quick in to satiate the masses until they had a more sustainable daily reward system in play. And given that this month they mentioned two additional new modes, there's a possibility the dailies will include tasks from all types of gameplay (tower, arena, and the other added modes) and those will be coupled under one section in the quest fountain, rather than 5 different sections.

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
8 months ago#37
With how much they inconsistently give us orbs, I don't have any issues. I had way more pulls on Spring banner than I thought possible that I'm not even sure where I got all the orbs from and I usually spend them as soon as I have 20. Inconsistency may be chaos, but we'll get orbs.

User Info: parKb5

parKb5
8 months ago#38
cuttingedge4321 posted...
I'm going to miss using the crest I just got from my quest and then only doing one battle after that so I could get 100 more feathers

Who cares about orbs? The most important thing were the 200 daily feathers! With orbs, all I do is summon useless 3-star dupes, but with 1,400 extra feathers per week, I would be able to promote them into useability.
Just a bald white boy living in Japan.
For Miitomo: follow me on Twitter @parKb5

User Info: Sw0rd_27

Sw0rd_27
8 months ago#39
Nintendo has been really generous so far.

I'm sure they'll add some great new ways to get orbs tomorrow with the patch.
FC 4682-8917-7789

User Info: WorldTrader

WorldTrader
8 months ago#40
Wait there are no more arena dailies? I think they where here to stay why would they remove them they diotn hurt anyone and it did somehow fix the lack of feathers and a free currency a day didnt hurt anyone
What i just said makes no sense, please dont pay attention to the above written statement, the document you just read is faulty and should not be taken serious.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Goodbye, Arena Quest Orb.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived