I'm glad Arvis is a GHB unit that we can all get

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. I'm glad Arvis is a GHB unit that we can all get

User Info: NintendoLover25

NintendoLover25
1 month ago#21
All I have for 5* red mages is Sanaki, Lilina, and Leo so I welcome more.

User Info: Yukihime117

Yukihime117
1 month ago#22
papastalin posted...
Snow-Dust posted...
papastalin posted...
Meh, he’s not worth the 20k feathers.

I beg the differ, the only dissapointing stat I can truly say for him is his Spd which isn't horrible but just very average. Health is a bit low but manageable (same as Nino) and def on mages isn't too important unless you are fighting DC armored units which I'm sure he'll be fine. His Spd can be fixed when a Spd Ploy seal is released. He would literally be a walking debuffer, forcing enemy to play around him so they don't get caught in cardinal directions.

The main problem is that there are so many better alternatives for a red mage. Magic tank/one shot nuke? Outclassed by Sanaki and Lilina. Fast nuke? Outclassed by Tharja/Celica/Katarina. Raven tank? Outclassed by Sophia.

Of those I mentioned, Sophia, Lilina, and Tharja are all available at 4*, which makes them similar to Arvis in that they’ll likely require 40k for promotion. It also means that the task of getting good IVs isn’t impossible. When compared to them, Arvis falls pretty short in all aspects, and I’d say it all boils down to his speed. At 31 it’s too low to double much of anything but high enough that his other stats suffer. He’s going to need a breaker/qr to even kill most greens mages you encounter in arena (since they’ll be heavily merged and almost all + spd).

He’s definitely no red Sonya; as others have said he gets no IVs and has a weaker prf.

Arvis has a prf Which Liliana and Sophia dont have. And his prf Tome is much better than Sanaki’s.
Only power holds meaning. Only strength holds sway. Call to me. Thirst for me. Thirst for power!

User Info: EmrelGuy

EmrelGuy
1 month ago#23
SugarFlakes posted...
Suzard posted...
Screw arvis. We have our man arden in town.

I hate using armored units with a passion so I don't have much of an interest in Arden.

Dude he’s a knight that auto quads

That’s bonkers.

User Info: Snow-Dust

Snow-Dust
1 month ago#24
papastalin posted...
Snow-Dust posted...
papastalin posted...
Meh, he’s not worth the 20k feathers.

I beg the differ, the only dissapointing stat I can truly say for him is his Spd which isn't horrible but just very average. Health is a bit low but manageable (same as Nino) and def on mages isn't too important unless you are fighting DC armored units which I'm sure he'll be fine. His Spd can be fixed when a Spd Ploy seal is released. He would literally be a walking debuffer, forcing enemy to play around him so they don't get caught in cardinal directions.

The main problem is that there are so many better alternatives for a red mage. Magic tank/one shot nuke? Outclassed by Sanaki and Lilina. Fast nuke? Outclassed by Tharja/Celica/Katarina. Raven tank? Outclassed by Sophia.

Of those I mentioned, Sophia, Lilina, and Tharja are all available at 4*, which makes them similar to Arvis in that they’ll likely require 40k for promotion. It also means that the task of getting good IVs isn’t impossible. When compared to them, Arvis falls pretty short in all aspects, and I’d say it all boils down to his speed. At 31 it’s too low to double much of anything but high enough that his other stats suffer. He’s going to need a breaker/qr to even kill most greens mages you encounter in arena (since they’ll be heavily merged and almost all + spd).

He’s definitely no red Sonya; as others have said he gets no IVs and has a weaker prf.

In terms of just stats, yes, the other Mage you listed does those jobs much better but in terms of skills, he have 2 exclusive skill (one is Prf) that can set him up to be different and when I get him, he will be the one of a kind enemy debuffer + healer.

If I have to choose a magic tank, I'll go with Arvis with his debuffs and team heals as opposed to Sanaki who carries Cymbeline and may only have as much synergy with Breath of Life due to the wonky nature of her tome to buff stats
DmnBldAltair posted...
suggesting the option of a female avatar in the hero role is bad because god forbid the series ever be interesting again

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
1 month ago#25
We Almedicvis yet?
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: SugarFlakes

SugarFlakes
1 month ago#26
EmrelGuy posted...
SugarFlakes posted...
Suzard posted...
Screw arvis. We have our man arden in town.

I hate using armored units with a passion so I don't have much of an interest in Arden.

Dude he’s a knight that auto quads

That’s bonkers.

I'm not denying he's good, I'm just not interested in building him. I will keep him around because I know one day I'll focus on armored units. I already have an Amelia with a boon in defense so I can try a team around those two.

They're just not my top priority.
Fav Games: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn & Fates, Persona 5, Valkyrie Profile 2
Star Ocean 3 & 4, SM64 & Sunshine, DKC2, FFXII

User Info: CAB1997

CAB1997
1 month ago#27
So how long until Gamepedia puts him at S+ for having three ploys?

User Info: Snow-Dust

Snow-Dust
1 month ago#28
CAB1997 posted...

It ain't no panic Ploy like Est though.
DmnBldAltair posted...
suggesting the option of a female avatar in the hero role is bad because god forbid the series ever be interesting again

User Info: catchthemouser

catchthemouser
1 month ago#29
CAB1997 posted...

Speed ploy seal is inevitable. I'm curious as to how they will rank him then.

User Info: CAB1997

CAB1997
1 month ago#30
Snow-Dust posted...
CAB1997 posted...

It ain't no panic Ploy like Est though.

You mean Def Ploy? Because he has it.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. I'm glad Arvis is a GHB unit that we can all get

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived