Is Arvis bad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Ringabei

Ringabei
1 month ago#1
People are saying that he is completely outperformed by Sanaki. I don’t see how arvis can be inferior, at the very least he should have a winning matchup against Sigurd.

User Info: hyperdimeduck

hyperdimeduck
1 month ago#2
but magic gets reduced against Sig.
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards

User Info: Nazdrovie

Nazdrovie
1 month ago#3
He has his own niche as a debuffer and the SPD he has over Sanaki helps on certain matchups. He isn't bad-- especially if you don't have Sanaki or a 5* Lilina-- but he can be outperformed in terms of fighting power.
PSN: Light_Frog - Playing: Granblue Fantasy. Cardcaptor Sakura collab is here!!!
If you see me, I'm procrastinating. Make me stop ;-;

User Info: Link_king_ownz

Link_king_ownz
1 month ago#4
He’s basically red Sonya, I don’t see people crying about her being bad or D tier or whatever.
Fire Emblem Heroes IGN: Saif - 8632737825 Lyn Lead
FFRK: rPSu - Thunder God

User Info: Devil_Killer_JC

Devil_Killer_JC
1 month ago#5
Link_king_ownz posted...
He’s basically red Sonya, I don’t see people crying about her being bad or D tier or whatever.

^this. In fact, Sonya is a little bit overrated on this board just because she counters Reinhardt. She is good though, just not on par with Nino (especially with DD3 or Deflect magic 3 seals available).

Anyways, Arvis is going to be useful for anyone that doesn't have a good red res tank like Sanaki or Lilina since his stats are good for that. Yeah, red res tanks can't tank Reinhardt; whatever, reds should never try to tank him anyways. He'll be good for arena assault when you need to delete a green mage like Cecilia, Nino, or whatever. He should be able to take care of CYL Ike and Hector just fine too.
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480 MH4U and MHG IGN: JC

User Info: Blarg143

Blarg143
1 month ago#6
Link_king_ownz posted...

Given the extreme quality of prf weapons being handed out (Amiti, Alondite, Ayra's Sword, Divine Tyrfing), Valflame is incredibly underwhelming is why I'm sad.

User Info: Snow-Dust

Snow-Dust
1 month ago#7
TC, this is why I think Arvis will be a very strong unit.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204447-fire-emblem-heroes/75884886

And no, he is not a red Sonya. Sonya only Ploy res which isn't too big of a deal. Arvis can Ploy 3 stats, making you want to play around him and IF A Spd Ploy seal is released, he'll be very dangerous. He can also play a better falchion healer thanks to his B skill. Sonya only beats him in the damage department.
DmnBldAltair posted...
suggesting the option of a female avatar in the hero role is bad because god forbid the series ever be interesting again

User Info: Nazdrovie

Nazdrovie
1 month ago#8
^ People compare him to Sonya because he's actually closer to her than Sanaki stat-wise, even if he's basically a +SPD -ATK Sanaki. So in that sense, yes, he is a red Sonya. His ability to debuff everything with Valflame is definitely what's setting him apart from everyone else, however.
PSN: Light_Frog - Playing: Granblue Fantasy. Cardcaptor Sakura collab is here!!!
If you see me, I'm procrastinating. Make me stop ;-;

User Info: Snow-Dust

Snow-Dust
1 month ago#9
Nazdrovie posted...
^ People compare him to Sonya because he's actually closer to her than Sanaki stat-wise, even if he's basically a +SPD -ATK Sanaki. So in that sense, yes, he is a red Sonya. His ability to debuff everything with Valflame is definitely what's setting him apart from everyone else, however.

Oh, is that so... well they don't play similar roles though. Sonya is like your assassin unit with the wo dao effect killing people. Arvis is like he's built to be a support unit with very good offensive spreads too.
DmnBldAltair posted...
suggesting the option of a female avatar in the hero role is bad because god forbid the series ever be interesting again

User Info: Teh_Maimed

Teh_Maimed
1 month ago#10
It's funny, when units come really good people cry power creep; but when they're decent and comparable to the rest of the cast (in this case, Sanaki) then they cry that he's trash :p
:-)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived