Come at me, Hector, Bike and Dorcas! My body is ready!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Come at me, Hector, Bike and Dorcas! My body is ready!

User Info: Devil_Killer_JC

Devil_Killer_JC
1 month ago#11
Heh, that's what my Oboro is going to look like once she's finished. Very nice.

Airship_Canon posted...

And then a Mage says hi.

And you need to git gud if you leave someone like Lukas in range of a magic damage dealing unit. That's like parking Reinhardt near Julia and expecting him to survive.
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480 MH4U and MHG IGN: JC

User Info: HereToHelp

HereToHelp
1 month ago#12
ConstanzaShiggy posted...
HereToHelp posted...
Lukas can actually achieve over 30 res, which is funny, considering how low it is. But he would need +Res, Water Boost A or Fortress Res, and a DD3 seal.

You seem good at math and meta, what's the go-to number for RESISTANCE on any unit to avoid being killed? Let's keep it simple, non-armor units for the math. Counting Distant Counter seal stacked on top for the extra RES.

A unit with say... 50 HP and at least 25 res can avoid being killed by a mage they are weak against. High HP makes every bit of difference too. Zephiel can beat blue mages when attacked. And he has 55 HP and 24 resistance, if memory serves.

Although I have to be honest, my math isn't that great. Or accurate most of the time. I just make estimates.

However, Running a Deflect Magic seal makes surviving even easier. Black Knight can survive and kill Reinhardt, for example.
A game should be fun, hard and even challenging. But never frustrating. Or else, it fails at being a "stress reliever". It only brings more headache.

User Info: ConstanzaShiggy

ConstanzaShiggy
1 month ago#13
HeretoHelp, would you say having high resistance or the ability to not be doubled is more imperative for survival? I know you said HP certainly helps, but at the end of the day, which would you rather pump up on your Lukas? Speed or Resistance if HP is off the table.
Mitsuru, Naoto, and Haru. The patrician taste in women.

User Info: Yukure

Yukure
1 month ago#14
I use +Atk/-Spd one and he is amazing.

I'm curious about that Ally Support. Who is it? I'm planning to Ally Support him with Julia since she covers his most crippling weakness. And they are currently my arena core. Or could be Deirdre, mommy stalked me hard this Legendary Banner
FC: 4699-5996-9265 | Bug: Combee, Beautifly, Venomoth
SSB4 Possible Mains: Megaman, Greninja, Meta Knight, G&W

HereToHelp
1 month ago#15
HeretoHelp, would you say having high resistance or the ability to not be doubled is more imperative for survival? I know you said HP certainly helps, but at the end of the day, which would you rather pump up on your Lukas? Speed or Resistance if HP is off the table.

Good question. With Lukas, I don't think it matters if the bane is speed or resistance, unless you wish to invest in any of those stats.

Lukas isn't very fast by default, and his resistance is indeed low too. So he will almost always be doubled by mages and take tons of damage regardless of which of these stats are his bane.

Perhaps it's better to aim for Lukas' strengths, like I have done with mine, rather than trying to cover his weaknesses.
A game should be fun, hard and even challenging. But never frustrating. Or else, it fails at being a "stress reliever". It only brings more headache.

User Info: ConstanzaShiggy

ConstanzaShiggy
1 month ago#16
Thank you, I'll certainly think this over. I'm the type of idiot who falls for trying to cover the weakness than go all out on their strengths (with the exception being Reinhardt).
Mitsuru, Naoto, and Haru. The patrician taste in women.

HereToHelp
1 month ago#17
Yukure posted...
I use +Atk/-Spd one and he is amazing.

I'm curious about that Ally Support. Who is it? I'm planning to Ally Support him with Julia since she covers his most crippling weakness. And they are currently my arena core. Or could be Deirdre, mommy stalked me hard this Legendary Banner

Oh, I just made my Leon his Ally Support. My own personal rule for those is that the two units must be of the same movement type (seeing how different Emblem teams is an important factor), and they must be different colors, so that they can more easily cover each others' weaknesses.

I've been thinking of changing his support though, since my Leon still needs some more investment.

Funny, I could also team him up with my Deirdre, who I pulled today. But I already reached S support with her and Fjorm.

HereToHelp
1 month ago#18
Thank you, I'll certainly think this over. I'm the type of idiot who falls for trying to cover the weakness than go all out on their strengths (with the exception being Reinhardt).

Ah, I see. Well, Quick Riposte covers his low speed nicely. Seeing how he takes so little, or even no damage from melee units, it's also easy to keep the skill activate.

User Info: Devil_Killer_JC

Devil_Killer_JC
1 month ago#19
HereToHelp posted...
Perhaps it's better to aim for Lukas' strengths, like I have done with mine, rather than trying to cover his weaknesses.

That applies to most units really. Like trying to make Fjorm as good on the player phase as CYL Lucina is a waste. It's best to focus on making what makes a unit great even better and just play in a way that avoids the weaknesses. Of course the AI is too stupid for that, but the AI is really bad with enemy phase units in general so they tend to suck for defense teams. Lukas is included in that.
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS, 3DS FC: 4596-9592-6480 MH4U and MHG IGN: JC

User Info: Yukure

Yukure
1 month ago#20
HereToHelp posted...
HereToHelp posted...
Lukas can actually achieve over 30 res, which is funny, considering how low it is. But he would need +Res, Water Boost A or Fortress Res, and a DD3 seal.

You seem good at math and meta, what's the go-to number for RESISTANCE on any unit to avoid being killed? Let's keep it simple, non-armor units for the math. Counting Distant Counter seal stacked on top for the extra RES.

A unit with say... 50 HP and at least 25 res can avoid being killed by a mage they are weak against. High HP makes every bit of difference too. Zephiel can beat blue mages when attacked. And he has 55 HP and 24 resistance, if memory serves.

Although I have to be honest, my math isn't that great. Or accurate most of the time. I just make estimates.

However, Running a Deflect Magic seal makes surviving even easier. Black Knight can survive and kill Reinhardt, for example.

Let me both tell you this, since I just tried this in arena. My Lukas with 52 HP and 24 Res (21 + 3 from Axura) survived Celica with 54 effective damage (should be 59, but she has been Atk Ploy-ed by Julia). Even without the buffs/debuffs, he should still survive
FC: 4699-5996-9265 | Bug: Combee, Beautifly, Venomoth
SSB4 Possible Mains: Megaman, Greninja, Meta Knight, G&W
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem Heroes
  3. Come at me, Hector, Bike and Dorcas! My body is ready!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived