Why is Cyclops considered a mutant, but Spiderman isn't?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Why is Cyclops considered a mutant, but Spiderman isn't?

User Info: LIsJustice

LIsJustice
3 months ago#1
Both got their powers from external sources after they were born.
I play games, not console wars. PC gaming sucks btw.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
3 months ago#2
No, I'm not sure where you're getting this idea for Cyclops. His powers naturally developed.
Vengeance!
http://imgur.com/a/XFEW4

User Info: Horridhal

Horridhal
3 months ago#3
60fps posted...
No, I'm not sure where you're getting this idea for Cyclops. His powers naturally developed.

This. Mutant is reserved for humans who naturally develop powers as they grow older, inhuman for those who require Terrigen mist, and enhanced, or something comparable, for everyone else who has acquired powers.
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
#'s are stupid. I don't watch YouTube links posted in threads.

User Info: theRedDeath

theRedDeath
3 months ago#4
Because Cyclops wasn't bitten by a radioactive cyclops.

---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter
(message deleted)

User Info: Flammableghost

Flammableghost
3 months ago#6
mutants are born mutants

people who get bitten by radioactive spiders, injected with Super Soldier serum, or etc are mutates.
I made this sig to specifically waste your time.

User Info: donttrysohard

donttrysohard
3 months ago#7
I always wondered why they weren't all treated the same. Mutants are in a world the fears and hates them. Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four (although acquiring their powers from outside source) are the same thing.
No reason Johnny Storm is a celebrity and ice man s shunned.
GT: DontTrySoHard
BEST.AD.EVER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvIw7DMHXc

User Info: 60fps

60fps
3 months ago#8
donttrysohard posted...
I always wondered why they weren't all treated the same. Mutants are in a world the fears and hates them. Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four (although acquiring their powers from outside source) are the same thing.
No reason Johnny Storm is a celebrity and ice man s shunned.

The same reasons why people discriminate in the real world. People make excuses to praise one group and shun the other irrationally.
Vengeance!
http://imgur.com/a/XFEW4
(message deleted)

User Info: theRedDeath

theRedDeath
3 months ago#10
Not to say there isn't a degree of hypocrisy there, but the fear of mutants isn't just a question of superpowers. It's a genetics thing. Many mutants have passive powers that aren't a danger to anyone, but they're not looked on with any less hatred or fear.

Mutates are products of freak accidents or intentional designed experimentation, X-gene Mutants are people just like you or your neighbor who woke up one day transformed.

It's a fear from within, as opposed to a fear from the outside.

---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Why is Cyclops considered a mutant, but Spiderman isn't?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived