30 Marvel Titles Have Print Runs of Under 20,000 Copies

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. 30 Marvel Titles Have Print Runs of Under 20,000 Copies

User Info: vonVile

vonVile
1 month ago#1
I was at my comic book store yesterday to play some Dice Masters and the employee that runs the store informed me that 30 Marvel titles have print runs under 20,000 copies and 10 of those titles are under 10,000. This just proves nobody wants to read about politics and SWJ issues in comic books. They want action/adventure.

If Disney didn't buy Marvel Comics, Marvel would be out of business right now.
Guardians of the Galaxy ripped off Farscape.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
1 month ago#2
Good thing they don't sell exclusively print.
Vengeance!
http://imgur.com/a/XFEW4

User Info: Dark_Flux

Dark_Flux
1 month ago#3
Yeah, its not like theres any number of factors contributing to that, ammirite?
PSN ID : Dark-Flux2

User Info: Melkac

Melkac
1 month ago#4
vonVile posted...
This just proves nobody wants to read about politics and SWJ issues in comic books.

...No, this just proves that people don't want to read badly written books.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Melkaticox

User Info: Johnny Blaque

Johnny Blaque
1 month ago#5
Yep, plenty of white male lead books in that group of underperformers. Foolkiller is the lowest selling Marvel book. No politics, no SJW strawman, just gory action and a white guy. Star-Lord selling 12k and it's actually getting good reviews for it's art and writing. And it's a book filled with action and adventure according to reviews. Black Widow, a book with not one hint of politics and is straight up spy adventuring and f***ing incredible action is only selling 17k. Ultimates, again another book packed full of action and hardcore scifi with no mention of race or gender or politics is only selling 17k too. s***, its evdn all about the cosmic side of Marvel you dudes are always clamoring about yet nobody is buying it. I guess, Vonvile is one of those dudes who sees the book with with 3 women on the cover and 3 blacks and mumbles "SJW" before passing it over on the racks lol.

User Info: Quicksilver

Quicksilver
1 month ago#6
How many regular dc books are selling under 20k not counting stuff like vertigo. Print comics are dying Marvel and dc just do not have the talent to produce good books any more.
I play video games.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
1 month ago#7
Quicksilver posted...
Print comics are dying

This is all there is to this. There's way better options for those who either trade wait or buy digital.
Vengeance!
http://imgur.com/a/XFEW4

User Info: squirrel_boy

squirrel_boy
1 month ago#8
vonVile posted...
This just proves nobody wants to read about politics and SWJ issues in comic books. They want action/adventure.

Thats some really strong extrapolation there buddy. cool fun fact tho

User Info: kaiolino

kaiolino
1 month ago#9
Johnny Blaque posted...
Yep, plenty of white male lead books in that group of underperformers. Foolkiller is the lowest selling Marvel book. No politics, no SJW strawman, just gory action and a white guy. Star-Lord selling 12k and it's actually getting good reviews for it's art and writing. And it's a book filled with action and adventure according to reviews. Black Widow, a book with not one hint of politics and is straight up spy adventuring and f***ing incredible action is only selling 17k. Ultimates, again another book packed full of action and hardcore scifi with no mention of race or gender or politics is only selling 17k too. s***, its evdn all about the cosmic side of Marvel you dudes are always clamoring about yet nobody is buying it. I guess, Vonvile is one of those dudes who sees the book with with 3 women on the cover and 3 blacks and mumbles "SJW" before passing it over on the racks lol.

VonVile probably doesn't read comics.

User Info: Kaitouace

Kaitouace
1 month ago#10
Johnny Blaque posted...

Ultimates bombing really hurts. That book is amazing and I love the random shoutouts to old New Universe characters (Your team is called the Troubleshooters and there's a Spitfire on it? I see you.). There's hardly any books out there really touching on cosmic Marvel. Basically the only books that are are selling badly (this, Silver Surfer, Nova). US Avengers is another one on the bomb list which sucks as it's my favorite Avengers title at the moment.
"Why do you think they call me Shiro Kabocha?"
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. 30 Marvel Titles Have Print Runs of Under 20,000 Copies

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived