Did Jamie get as much flak when he became Blue Beetle as Riri did?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Did Jamie get as much flak when he became Blue Beetle as Riri did?

User Info: Charocks

Charocks
4 weeks ago#1
I mean I don't like the All New, All Diverse Avengers (Captain Falcon is an exception) because most of the transitions from legacy characters (Banner to Cho, Stark to Riri) were kinda hamfisted. I wasn't into comics when he came around but I don't hear anyone unhappy with him picking up after Ted.

Just curious.
Fluffy Pony Abuse is deranged - GT AN EWOKS WRATH
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)

User Info: TheRealKal-El

TheRealKal-El
4 weeks ago#2
(1)

Dan Garret
Ted Kord
Jamie Reyes

(2)

Magic Scarab
Human Tech
Alien Tech

vs.

Ha! Black teen girl who happens to be smarter than Tony and builds HER OWN Iron Man armor!!!

I hope you see the blunt differences
If you want to support my art projects, please drop by my Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/juanisidro

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
4 weeks ago#3
Jamie was if I recall fairly different in terms of everything except the name Blue Beetle.

He also wasn't some super genius better than Ted could ever be.
http://photobucket.com/SDClaims
Cancer free 40 months and counting!

User Info: MasterFoxCheif3

MasterFoxCheif3
4 weeks ago#4
Blue Beetle isn't popular as Iron Man.

Factor in a black female genius as the new "Iron Man" and you're going to trigger all types of people.
''President of the I Hate Batman Club: He's overpowered without any superpower''
Kal Patrol! We'll be there on the double! https://i.imgur.com/MT2uUAe.jpg

User Info: OMEGA RUGAL

OMEGA RUGAL
4 weeks ago#5
What Kal, Scrappy and Master Cheif all said.
PSN/NNID/Live: Loadedklip Recent Games: Super Mario Odyssey,The Evil Within 2, AM2R,Metroid SR,Splatoon 2,Until Dawn,Mighty Gunvolt,Injustice 2,Mario Kart 8DX,

User Info: GreatGuyGardner

GreatGuyGardner
4 weeks ago#6
Charocks posted...
I mean I don't like the All New, All Diverse Avengers (Captain Falcon is an exception) because most of the transitions from legacy characters (Banner to Cho, Stark to Riri) were kinda hamfisted. I wasn't into comics when he came around but I don't hear anyone unhappy with him picking up after Ted.

Just curious.

oh there was a ton of vocal people against Jaime...people not liking some brand new character with no history of his own taking over for a fan favorite...didn't really help that Ted was killed off during the same time

It never bothered me...Jaime was a good kid that tries really hard and never forgot about his legacy

I feel Riri is just like Jaime...a good kid that tries really hard and never forgets her legacy
"Fat chicks need love too....But they have to pay" - Glenn Quagmire

User Info: WellKnownNomad

WellKnownNomad
4 weeks ago#7
One factor, as mentioned, is the fact Blue Beetle isn't as popular as Iron Man, given that there is no Blue Beetle movie with Ted Kord by the time Kord was killed and replaced by Jaime, helping Jaime is the fact he's just a regular teenager stuck with the these powers as mentioned

Also helping is when Blue Beetle started showing up in cartoons and TV shows, the main Blue Beetle being focused ended up being Jaime to the point nowadays when everyone does think of Blue Beetle, they generally associate Blue Beetle with Jaime Reyes over anyone else
"Anime is for jerks" - Jeff Gerstmann

User Info: squirrel_boy

squirrel_boy
4 weeks ago#8
people get a lot more vocal about anything nowadays. but also because iron man is currently a way bigger character than beetle was at the time

User Info: Tucker_BA

Tucker_BA
4 weeks ago#9
Not at all, no. It helps that Jaime actually had a fantastic run to start off with, as opposed to Bendis Bendising.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebnC_U83TjI

User Info: battleblast

battleblast
4 weeks ago#10
Jamie did get some hate. Even from me, and I like him. From me was mostly that alot of the new media(cartoons and such) was using Jamie, and there really isn't alot of old media for Ted. Which is a shame since there both great characters.

Most of his hate though was he's not Ted, and I can't wait till they bring Ted back. There was even some that thought it was too soon. With the changing dynamics of the character that stuff is to be expected. Like for instance there are people who can't stand Doctor Who outside of their 'Doctor', and have quit the series.
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages they can be impolite without having their skulls split.
Official Phantom Stranger of the C&GN
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Did Jamie get as much flak when he became Blue Beetle as Riri did?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived