Matt Reeve's Batman and the fate of the DCEU

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Matt Reeve's Batman and the fate of the DCEU

User Info: PrivateBiscuit1

PrivateBiscuit1
1 month ago#21
I'd probably use Flashpoint to reboot some things, yeah.

You could have a really good story with Barry Allen wanting to change the past and the struggle of him and Thawne's outlooks. Like, make it something with depth and meaning, as well as have some humor sprinkled in. What sucks about Flashpoint is that it's not a particularly "fun" story, but it's more just a great one. And I would kill for a fun Flash movie first. But if you can use Flashpoint to fix things? Perfect.

But they can't keep a director for this movie, probably because it's impossible to actually do this idea and story justice with the constant meddling of studios and them trying to push you into so many directions. A patsy director is the only thing that works, and doing a Flashpoint DCEU movie seems like it'll just be bad, even if it does try to fix the mess that this movie series is now.
Check out my entertainment blog!: www.heroicbiz.com
I discuss video games, comics, movies, and TV!

User Info: Jonbodhi

Jonbodhi
1 month ago#22
The thing about this is that Cap, Iron Man and Thor are still 3 of the biggest in-universe characters Marvel had

The first Cap and Thor movies didn't set the world on fire. Those characters had to be built up. Now Dr. Strange and Ant-Man, and I'm guessing Black Panther are being built up too. They will be headliners one day.

User Info: ChiefRandle

ChiefRandle
1 month ago#23
Kalk posted...
Still no Flash movie release date yet, and he is like the fourth most popular DC hero after the Trinity.

Pretty stupid if you ask me.

It’s actually Harley lmao, but Flash does already have the fairly popular tv show. That’s probably why there’s no real rush to get the film out there, well that and actually making the film good.
BBB

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
1 month ago#24
DanteDevils posted...
Idc as long as Henry Cavill is still Superman

When was he ever?
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytj88ZE.jpg

User Info: ohiostate124

ohiostate124
1 month ago#25
ChiefRandle posted...
Kalk posted...
Still no Flash movie release date yet, and he is like the fourth most popular DC hero after the Trinity.

It’s actually Harley lmao, but Flash does already have the fairly popular tv show. That’s probably why there’s no real rush to get the film out there, well that and actually making the film good.

Didn’t know Harley was a dc hero

User Info: fusespliff

fusespliff
1 month ago#26
ohiostate124 posted...
ChiefRandle posted...
Kalk posted...

Didn’t know Harley was a dc hero

Pretty much every depiction of her the past 5 years has been as an anti-hero. So he has a point

User Info: Kalk

Kalk
1 month ago#27
ChiefRandle posted...
Kalk posted...

I consider Harley to be a Hot Topic advertisement nowadays.
f(O_o)f

User Info: Shadowplay

Shadowplay
1 month ago#28
Kalk posted...
ChiefRandle posted...
Kalk posted...

Also an ad for Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines
I make a topic in Final Fantasy 12 to ask if Tifa! They said no Tifa. Hardness gone!-gandob

User Info: fusespliff

fusespliff
1 month ago#29
Shadowplay posted...
Kalk posted...
ChiefRandle posted...
Kalk posted...

Also an ad for Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines

That's the 2nd time today I've seen that game get mentioned. Yeah, current Harley would definitely make a good 3rd Voerman sister

User Info: ChiefRandle

ChiefRandle
1 month ago#30
Kalk posted...
ChiefRandle posted...
Kalk posted...

If WW had bombed, i would’ve said Harley is ahead of Wondy popularity wise but thankfully that didn’t happen. There’s still some sense in this world.
BBB
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Matt Reeve's Batman and the fate of the DCEU

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived