How were the Suicide Squad meant to deal with "Superman level" threats

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. How were the Suicide Squad meant to deal with "Superman level" threats

User Info: OutlawDino

OutlawDino
1 month ago#41
Degalon posted...
YoshioKST posted...
You know... when the film first came out, I thought it was a desperate and stupid hail mary, but since then I've seen Killer Frost take Superman down(albeit temporarily) in Justice League vs Suicide Squad so I suppose Waller just needed to throw metahumans at the next threat until one of them can take him down. When life gives you lemons and all.

to be fair its not all that hard to take superman down. Everyone and their mother has done it.

Sometimes you need a god, sometimes you just need a regular dude.

Sometimes, you just need some orange juice cans, tungsten (from a light bulb), a coil spring (from a mattress) and a flashlight.
"What's he point of having nukes if I can't ever use them?" - Coop
Official Deadpool of CAGN.

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
1 month ago#42
OutlawDino posted...
Degalon posted...
YoshioKST posted...
You know... when the film first came out, I thought it was a desperate and stupid hail mary, but since then I've seen Killer Frost take Superman down(albeit temporarily) in Justice League vs Suicide Squad so I suppose Waller just needed to throw metahumans at the next threat until one of them can take him down. When life gives you lemons and all.

to be fair its not all that hard to take superman down. Everyone and their mother has done it.

Sometimes you need a god, sometimes you just need a regular dude.

Sometimes, you just need some orange juice cans, tungsten (from a light bulb), a coil spring (from a mattress) and a flashlight.

Awwwww, here it goes!
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytj88ZE.jpg

User Info: tommybel89

tommybel89
1 month ago#43
Smart WB writing themselves into narrative corners with nearly every movie they do.
Go Leafs Go
http://www.last.fm/user/Disposableher0

User Info: Trippy_Hippie

Trippy_Hippie
1 month ago#44
Uzi with kryptonite bullets.
Kill me Sarah,
Kill me again with love

User Info: Jonbodhi

Jonbodhi
1 month ago#45
nothing is better then this waist of time & resources cash grab movie

SS is a comic book idea that depends on other comic books. It's a product of the medium. You see people you're familiar with from various super hero comics all thrown together, only now, they're the protagonists. SS and Secret Six both made great strides with characters like Deadshot and Catman, making them compelling in their own right, but we still start with a basic familiarity. Starting your comic book universe on a film like this makes no sense, on top of all the bad, bad writing. Captain Boomerang did nothing in the movie. Ironic that he was so much more threatening on Arrow. Waller wanted him on the team because 'he survived an encounter with a metahuman!' I'm thinking: 'really? EVERYONE survives their encounters with the Flash! He ain't The Punisher!' Totally idiotic.

And the Suicide Squad is NOT a family! Especially after, what? Two days? Total misunderstanding of the material. Ugh!

User Info: Johnny Blaque

Johnny Blaque
1 month ago#46
Jonbodhi posted...
nothing is better then this waist of time & resources cash grab movie

SS is a comic book idea that depends on other comic books. It's a product of the medium. You see people you're familiar with from various super hero comics all thrown together, only now, they're the protagonists. SS and Secret Six both made great strides with characters like Deadshot and Catman, making them compelling in their own right, but we still start with a basic familiarity. Starting your comic book universe on a film like this makes no sense, on top of all the bad, bad writing. Captain Boomerang did nothing in the movie. Ironic that he was so much more threatening on Arrow. Waller wanted him on the team because 'he survived an encounter with a metahuman!' I'm thinking: 'really? EVERYONE survives their encounters with the Flash! He ain't The Punisher!' Totally idiotic.

And the Suicide Squad is NOT a family! Especially after, what? Two days? Total misunderstanding of the material. Ugh!

You don't need solo prequels to everything. Smokin' Aces and Dirty Dozen were pretty similar in plot but nobody whines we needed a Tremor Bros or Telly Savalas solo flick first. Oh s***, people would whine we had more than one protagonist so I guess we need 3 tremor bros movie leading up to a team up Tremor Bros movie along with 7 other movies so we can finally have a Smokin' Aces movie.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
1 month ago#47
Johnny Blaque posted...
You don't need solo prequels to everything. Smokin' Aces and Dirty Dozen were pretty similar in plot but nobody whines we needed a Tremor Bros or Telly Savalas solo flick first. Oh s***, people would whine we had more than one protagonist so I guess we need 3 tremor bros movie leading up to a team up Tremor Bros movie along with 7 other movies so we can finally have a Smokin' Aces movie.

Nobody remembers those characters. That's the point he's making. The members of Suicide Squad have enough depth to stand alone. Cramming them into one film denied us all of that.

I would have preferred each of these characters play the villain in a hero's film first and get captured in the end. Then we see what became of them through Suicide Squad.

It really can't be compared to other ensemble cast films were the characters are all faceless plot devices to drive the direction of the script. People only remember the plot and don't care about the puppets playing it out.
Vengeance!
http://imgur.com/a/XFEW4

User Info: Johnny Blaque

Johnny Blaque
1 month ago#48
Actually it can be compared to it. You don't realize how much stuff gets cut from movies? The Dirty Dozen was like 2 and a half hours and had dangling plotlines regarding certain characters pasts. The writers of these characters have probably come up with super detailed backstroke we just aren't privy to because you can't fit EVERYTHING into a movie. Look at John Wick or Kill Bill. The characters and world have rich histories that could be further explored. John Wick is even having a tv show and comic series along side it's sequels which tells you they have ideas. Just because we know more about the DC characters means little in the grand scheme of things. It was just a badly written and edited movie. Nobody says anything about Guardians of the Galaxy even though all those characters save for Groot and somewhat Rocket, had lots of backstory the movies still haven't touched on. In fact it's dumped and changed a lot of their backstories to simplify them for a movie audience.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
1 month ago#49
But most of the GotG have always been supporting characters. Much like Widow and Hawkeye thier stories on comics were often told in team comics or as a guest appearance in someone else's.

The film was mostly Star Lord meets aliens. The aliens at least tied into the story with thier own agenda like Gamora tied into Thanos and Nebula, or Drax with Ronan.

I still have no idea why they needed a guy who can climb anything, or Boomerrang in SS.
Vengeance!
http://imgur.com/a/XFEW4

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
1 month ago#50
60fps posted...

I still have no idea why they needed a guy who can climb anything, or Boomerrang in SS.

http://i.imgur.com/IKdrxtTl.jpg
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytj88ZE.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. How were the Suicide Squad meant to deal with "Superman level" threats

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived