How much longer can Magneto keep his Holocaust survivor backstory? >_>

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. How much longer can Magneto keep his Holocaust survivor backstory? >_>

User Info: David-Bowie

David-Bowie
1 month ago#41
The Holocaust and all of its specific imagery are too deeply ingrained in the character's DNA. And for a movie, the Holocaust is still the best one to use because it's the most famous. People get it more than anything else.
R.I.P. (1947-2016)
I love my daddy!

User Info: bd43

bd43
1 month ago#42
David-Bowie posted...
The Holocaust and all of its specific imagery are too deeply ingrained in the character's DNA. And for a movie, the Holocaust is still the best one to use because it's the most famous. People get it more than anything else.

So ingrained that they went three films without mentioning it and only use the imagery to push his betrayal in a single film about him and Xavier set in the 60s.

Functionally the only thing ingrained in Magneto is his relationship with Xavier.

The functional concept behind a different massacre would be the concept that it doesn't take someone being Hitler to deem your people a threat. That history has countless genocides and sitting idly by could make Mutants next.

Could be Kurdish too. That might be iffy though.
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.

User Info: lordjers

lordjers
1 month ago#43
Don't worry guys the moment the gap with WW2 becomes super ridiculous WW3 will come and fix that.
Backlog: Blast Corps (N64), Starcraft: Brood War (PC)

User Info: prince_leo

prince_leo
1 month ago#44
lordjers posted...
Don't worry guys the moment the gap with WW2 becomes super ridiculous WW3 will come and fix that.

marvel doing the long con
https://imgur.com/uHUvpSH
http://error1355.com/ce/prince_leo.html

User Info: too cold boi

too cold boi
1 month ago#45
Magneto should be decoupled from it, and replace with a fictional stand in..
Now Playing - Persona 5

User Info: lordjers

lordjers
1 month ago#46
I just rewatched the "Enter Magneto" X-Men TAS episode and his origin is that some army invaded his "small country", whatever that was XD
Backlog: Blast Corps (N64), Starcraft: Brood War (PC)

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
1 month ago#47
It's never going anywhere, it's too central to his character. Getting rid of that is like getting rid of Batmans parents dying.

User Info: MarquessLaus

MarquessLaus
1 month ago#48
prince_leo posted...
-Kicksave- posted...
I dunno, Steve Rodgers literally punched Hitler as an adult but here he is not 100 years old.

it'd be a copout to freeze Magneto too

Bucky, Red Skull, Nick Fury, Dum Dum all hail from WWII. Cop out don't stop Marvel.
"We'll tell the customers that the features promised are in a place outside of Heaven now" -- GransonEx

User Info: k_goku

k_goku
1 month ago#49
LunarRoar posted...
Just cast a guy in his 30's, give him gray hair and say that his powers of magnetism prevent wrinkles/slows aging

This.

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
1 month ago#50
bd43 posted...
David-Bowie posted...

Could be Kurdish too. That might be iffy though.

My partner is Kurdish. She and her family came here ad refugees when she was little and where she lived was being ravaged by war.
Would be nice to see a Kurdish character having a big part on film, less nice to have brutal killings around them.
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytj88ZE.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. How much longer can Magneto keep his Holocaust survivor backstory? >_>

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived